Season 19/20 - Page 208 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 minutes ago, Farcity said:

But before you go to the police you don't start demanding hangings, lynchings, resignations etc. They don't do walking away yet they expected others to do it because they stamped their feet like an 8 year old. ( Which, funnily enough, is what they are.)

I'm not aware of any demands for lynchings, hangings or even resignations.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

What do rangers want to gain from this?

To stop Celtic winning 9 in a row and have the season voided. That's what this is all really about. Well that and to take the attention away from their own failings and create a siege mentality so that their nutcase fans still renew season tickets

51 minutes ago, aaid said:

Well first of all, you go to the police and say "I think that a crime's been committed".   Then the police investigate, look at the evidence, decide whether there's anything in it.  If there is, it goes to the PF who decide whether to proceed or net, then it goes to court.

All Rangers have done is say "we think someone needs to have a look at this".   I can't see why so many people are so resistant to someone independent and suitably competent in doing just exactly that.    Well I can but that's got more to do with who's making the allegations rather than anything to do with proper due process.

I don't think anyone should simply accept whatever Rangers are saying as fact, similarly I don't think anyone should accept what the SPFL are saying as gospel.   

It should always raise suspicions whenever any organisation is reluctant to allow an independent investigation into anything.   If there's nothing to see why not agree to the investigation. 

Zero chance anybody, with a brain, is going to listen to anything rangers have to say to be honest. They are a shower of idiots, with malicious intent.

59 minutes ago, kumnio said:

The SPFL could have had a vote to amend the articles, which would have allowed them to pay the money to clubs, without the season ending. They kept saying they couldnt do that,

Is this not where the SPFL got it wrong though? They said they would have to amend their articles to give out loans, but this was not the case? They had already being doing this in the recent past- to Gretna (which the SPFL admitted they didnt disclose in their accounts to the Guardian) and to the other two clubs in the last three years (Motherwell, and someone else?)

That's pretty incompetent, governance wise, and obviously why they dont want it to be looked at by someone independent. 

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Well first of all, you go to the police and say "I think that a crime's been committed".   Then the police investigate, look at the evidence, decide whether there's anything in it.  If there is, it goes to the PF who decide whether to proceed or net, then it goes to court.

All Rangers have done is say "we think someone needs to have a look at this".   I can't see why so many people are so resistant to someone independent and suitably competent in doing just exactly that.    Well I can but that's got more to do with who's making the allegations rather than anything to do with proper due process.

I don't think anyone should simply accept whatever Rangers are saying as fact, similarly I don't think anyone should accept what the SPFL are saying as gospel.   

It should always raise suspicions whenever any organisation is reluctant to allow an independent investigation into anything.   If there's nothing to see why not agree to the investigation. 

Eh, cos it'll cost a fortune and 90 odd per cent of the clubs don't think it's necessary? 🙅‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Zero chance anybody, with a brain, is going to listen to anything rangers have to say to be honest. They are a shower of idiots, with malicious intent.

Shouldn't be too difficult to follow up on it then if it's so obviously without any foundation. 

18 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

This is sadly the problem with Scottish football. Far to parochial. Sad that it was Rangers that highlighted this mess. Had it been anyone else, we might have had some change of the right thing being done.

Just now, vanderark14 said:

its in the post with the rangers evidence

I'm not sure what you are looking for by 'evidence'. The evidence is that what the SPFL board did/actions it took/how the information was set out to the clubs. We know that. What Rangers are alleging is that it breached what a competent person would have done in the job [paraphrased, but you get the drift] eg, their duties as directors. This is what should be investigated.

7 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

This is sadly the problem with Scottish football. Far to parochial. Sad that it was Rangers that highlighted this mess. Had it been anyone else, we might have had some change of the right thing being done.

can you blame anyone for not taking rangers seriously? Its statement after statement playing the victim

To be honest, I reckon everyone would gladly see the back of Doncaster, I wanted him sacked after his and Regan's behaviour when rangers were liquidated but he stayed, now all of a sudden Rangers want him out because he doesn't seem to be on their side. 

The accusations of bullying and demands of suspensions don;t help rangers when there is evidence to support this. 

The problem for Rangers is that they were accusing the SPFL of bullying, corruption and coercion and this document does not back up any of these accusations as I understand it. What it does do is set out how shit and amateurish those who run the SPFL are, but we knew that already.

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

can you blame anyone for not taking rangers seriously? Its statement after statement playing the victim

To be honest, I reckon everyone would gladly see the back of Doncaster, I wanted him sacked after his and Regan's behaviour when rangers were liquidated but he stayed, now all of a sudden Rangers want him out because he doesn't seem to be on their side. 

The accusations of bullying and demands of suspensions don;t help rangers when there is evidence to support this.

Havent read the full thing yet, but didn't a number of clubs say in the press they came under pressure to accept the SPFL resolution (which resolution they now accept was wrong?). If this was a normal company, the standard procedure would be for the director involved to be suspended, whist an independent investigation was undertaken. This is what happens when boards are alleged to use influence unfairly over minority shareholders.

Agreed 100% that we dont help ourselfs, and I am not a fan of our board. But we are corrrect on this- which is why you see the SPFL not wanting this to be looked at independently.

Anyway, with the news coming out of Germany today, I just hope we get back to actual football again soon. Only so much football from Belarus I can take.

19 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Rangers should offer to pay then. That would be a good compromise.

Or at least underwrite the costs in the event of there being no case to answer. 

2 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Would be fucking terrific for the season to resume and see their reactions when Celtic romp to the title and a potential treble.

I want this season completed. It's not worth the next 30 years of arguing over. Hopefully with what is happening in Germany today, we come up with a way to do it.

Just now, slasher said:

How come every cunt has to provide evidence apart from the huns? (oh and the diets and Stranraer) 

So you're as full of shit as you think Rangers are then, glad we've established that 

44 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

I'm not sure what you are looking for by 'evidence'. The evidence is that what the SPFL board did/actions it took/how the information was set out to the clubs. We know that. What Rangers are alleging is that it breached what a competent person would have done in the job [paraphrased, but you get the drift] eg, their duties as directors. This is what should be investigated.

Evidence of bullying and coercion, isn;t this what rangers were accusing people of?

I have no issue with the SPFL being investigated, Doncaster should have been sacked in 2012. Do I want him gone now? yes. The ideal situation is Doncaster gone for good and football resumes. 

As far as I can see the game is up. The clubs need to stop bickering and get on with planning for next season without fans coming through the gate for at least half of it. This season needs called now although I'd have loved to play it out