Season 19/20 - Page 202 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just now, SMcoolJ said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned already.

Teams have been instructed by SPFL to start training on 11 May. Games to be played behind closed doors starting 10 June.  Games will be televised on Sky, BBC and BT Sport. 9 league games and cup games to be played in 3 weeks.  Season will then finish giving teams 2 weeks off before starting pre-season again. (England starting 1 June)

Source?

A few points if I may...

50 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I could go on and on, but we all know that is just pointless. 

But then you did....

50 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

. Other leagues in Europe are calling the league and crowning g Champions. 

Other leagues in Europe are also calling their leagues and not naming champions so your use of a precedent there hasn't really worked.

12 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I'm.fine mate. It's all good natured banter. 🙂🙂

Aye, it really comes across as banter when you repeatedly and frequently refer to Rangers and their fans as "a shower of shite", "moaning faced cunts" and whatever other tasteful epithets you chuck out on a regular basis.  Even Ormond outgrew that pish before his latest withdrawal....

54 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

A "honest" 10IAR unlike that other tax dodging shower of shite.. Just sayin like.. 🤘🙂

Ranger never won 10IAR so that doesn't make any sense. The 9IAR they did win was before the EBT years so again, not much sense in that rambling either.

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

A few points if I may...

But then you did....

Other leagues in Europe are also calling their leagues and not naming champions so your use of a precedent there hasn't really worked.

Aye, it really comes across as banter when you repeatedly and frequently refer to Rangers and their fans as "a shower of shite", "moaning faced cunts" and whatever other tasteful epithets you chuck out on a regular basis.  Even Ormond outgrew that pish before his latest withdrawal....

Ranger never won 10IAR so that doesn't make any sense. The 9IAR they did win was before the EBT years so again, not much sense in that rambling either.

Calm down ffs. Have a beer. You should know me by now...

26 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned already.

Teams have been instructed by SPFL to start training on 11 May. Games to be played behind closed doors starting 10 June.  Games will be televised on Sky, BBC and BT Sport. 9 league games and cup games to be played in 3 weeks.  Season will then finish giving teams 2 weeks off before starting pre-season again. (England starting 1 June)

It won’t happen.

41 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I'm finding it difficult to see how 2 teams are going to play 11 games in 3 weeks.  That's a game every other day.

Throw into the mix that the following seasons fixtures are normally out around last week in June.

54 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Aye, talks pish on a regular basis.

Sadly it's a recurring theme with the Tim's on here of late

Edited by Mazziessc

Murdoch Maclennan - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52472020

• Many calls were made, to many clubs, between the vote being called and Dundee's final submission but that is "entirely normal practice" and that he sees "nothing wrong whatsoever" with board members lobbying clubs

This guy is the Chairman of the SPFL 😂

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

I'm finding it difficult to see how 2 teams are going to play 11 games in 3 weeks.  That's a game every other day.

We used to do that every season and we weren't exactly athletes. It's 90 minutes every 2 days. Virtually no tackling nowadays either. Modern footballers are a bunch of wimps.

It's funny how some folk get their knickers in a twist when I post sometimes. I'm one of the good lads. The rangers supporters on here are decent lads, it's a fuckin wind up. I used to get wound up anaw, but I'm cool as a cucumber noo..Just enjoy the board for what it is. I'll be the first one to buy any of yees a pint should we cross paths. 🍺🍺👍👍🙂🙂

8 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

It's funny how some folk get their knickers in a twist when I post sometimes. I'm one of the good lads. The rangers supporters on here are decent lads, it's a fuckin wind up. I used to get wound up anaw, but I'm cool as a cucumber noo..Just enjoy the board for what it is. I'll be the first one to buy any of yees a pint should we cross paths. 🍺🍺👍👍🙂🙂

Tbf, you've went from windup, to decent to walloper.  Don't try as hard mate.

27 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

If it's a wind up is people getting wound up about it not exactly what you want? :unsure:  For what it's worth, I don't think it's a wind up.  I think you probably post most of your pish without thinking then when called out on it hide behind the banter/wind up excuse.  It gets a bit tiresome from time to time when it seems you think this place is an extension of whatever Celtic board you post on.  Try and mind this is a Scotland board and maybe tone some of the Rangers are cunts stuff down a bit?

42 minutes ago, Debian said:

Murdoch Maclennan - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52472020

This guy is the Chairman of the SPFL 😂

I don't have a problem with him. Its the clubs we should be aiming at. The SPFL is the clubs and they seem happy with this type of practice until a vote doesn;t go the way one of them want, thens its calls for restructuring and sackings. 

28 minutes ago, Debian said:

Tbf, you've went from windup, to decent to walloper.  Don't try as hard mate.

agreed

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

If it's a wind up is people getting wound up about it not exactly what you want? :unsure:  For what it's worth, I don't think it's a wind up.  I think you probably post most of your pish without thinking then when called out on it hide behind the banter/wind up excuse.  It gets a bit tiresome from time to time when it seems you think this place is an extension of whatever Celtic board you post on.  Try and mind this is a Scotland board and maybe tone some of the Rangers are cunts stuff down a bit?

agreed but can we still call you huns? or hun bastards?😉

23 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'm not on any Celtic boards genius. I will also post whatever I like. Like I said, the rangers supporters on this board are decent lads, it's the other moaning cunts that I am referring to. We all know to well what I'm talking about. Cheers..🙂

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I'm not on any Celtic boards genius. I will also post whatever I like. Like I said, the rangers supporters on this board are decent lads, it's the other moaning cunts that I am referring to. We all know to well what I'm talking about. Cheers..🙂

Macy?

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't have a problem with him. Its the clubs we should be aiming at. The SPFL is the clubs and they seem happy with this type of practice until a vote doesn;t go the way one of them want, thens its calls for restructuring and sackings. 

This is absolutely spot on.

Same when teams have a pop at the SFA over rules that they agreed to before the season started (like the ability to overturn yellow cards for example).

Funnily enough, it tends to be the same teams that this comes from. It’s almost like they know if they shout loud enough and long enough people will believe they are in the right.

The SFA/SPFL is the teams. Rangers have a director on the SPFL board. They were involved in putting these people in position, involved in setting the rules....

This is not some “tarrier cabal” that meet up in the local Hibs club to plot Rangers downfall.

17 hours ago, Orraloon said:

We used to do that every season and we weren't exactly athletes. It's 90 minutes every 2 days. Virtually no tackling nowadays either. Modern footballers are a bunch of wimps.

I don't disagree.  I think we played 64 games in one particularly busy season.  Included about 10 games in the Scottish Cup alone.