Season 19/20 - Page 201 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, slasher said:

I'm curious as to why you would want Motherwells best season in years voided, bizarre unless..... 

Because I don't think that an incomplete season is deserving of award or punishment... 

... For what it's worth, I'd have been amazed if my team had finished in the top 4 if the season was allowed to finish. 

58 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Because I don't think that an incomplete season is deserving of award or punishment... 

... For what it's worth, I'd have been amazed if my team had finished in the top 4 if the season was allowed to finish. 

It's a difficult one for sure and I'd much rather see it played to a finish. If that's not possible, well, after 30 games void seems wrong to me but everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

Can't say I agree on where Motherwell would have ended up though, I fancied them for 3rd from early doors and don't think they'd have been any lower than 4th 🙅‍♂️

I’d bet Motherwell to win the league (without Celtic and Rangers) at 16/1 pre-season.

I didn’t fancy us latterly, Aberdeen tend to hit a wee run of wins a couple of times a season, although we are pretty streaky too. I was hopeful of at least 4th and a back door into Europe.

Edited by sbcmfc

3 hours ago, slasher said:

It's a difficult one for sure and I'd much rather see it played to a finish. If that's not possible, well, after 30 games void seems wrong to me but everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

Can't say I agree on where Motherwell would have ended up though, I fancied them for 3rd from early doors and don't think they'd have been any lower than 4th 🙅‍♂️

I'm going on the basis of 'it's not over until the fat lady sings' and believe that if it's mathematically possible to avoid relegation or slip up and lose the title, but the games can't be completed due to the current situation, then its a null and void... For what it's worth, I can understand the opposing viewpoint but there are clearly scenarios that don't sit well with either argument. 

As for Motherwell, we weren't playing particularly well and are notoriously shite when we play teams in the top 6.

42 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I'm going on the basis of 'it's not over until the fat lady sings' and believe that if it's mathematically possible to avoid relegation or slip up and lose the title, but the games can't be completed due to the current situation, then its a null and void... For what it's worth, I can understand the opposing viewpoint but there are clearly scenarios that don't sit well with either argument. 

As for Motherwell, we weren't playing particularly well and are notoriously shite when we play teams in the top 6.

Bollocks. Celtic would have won the title. No way on earth that shower of shite would have caught us. They are pish, and Gerrard is a moaning tit.. The title must be awarded to us. It's the right thing to do. We deserve it. To void it would be a travesty. Just sayin like..  Bevies, singing, parades, yassssssssss..  YALDY. Drinky Drinky...🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Bollocks. Celtic would have won the title. No way on earth that shower of shite would have caught us. They are pish, and Gerrard is a moaning tit.. The title must be awarded to us. It's the right thing to do. We deserve it. To void it would be a travesty. Just sayin like..  Bevies, singing, parades, yassssssssss..  YALDY. Drinky Drinky...🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Remember helicopter Sunday 👍... 

... Different circumstances, but had corona virus struck that season, celtic wouldn't have lost that title 

2 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Remember helicopter Sunday 👍... 

... Different circumstances, but had corona virus struck that season, celtic wouldn't have lost that title 

This. The unwashed have fluffed it before, stranger things have happened.

Anyway...give them the league today. Getting sick of this us us us shite from them in the background. It's been said a billion times whatever info has to be released has got he haw to do with them winning the league. That way we can get on with releasing whatever this is we hold. 

Hopefully it drops a bombshell which blows apart the shambles that is our game enabling us to fix it from the top down. We (collectively TAMB) have been voicing our opinions about the dire state of our governing bodies for years. We should all be hopeful of the same thing!

47 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

This. The unwashed have fluffed it before, stranger things have happened.

Anyway...give them the league today. Getting sick of this us us us shite from them in the background. It's been said a billion times whatever info has to be released has got he haw to do with them winning the league. That way we can get on with releasing whatever this is we hold. 

Hopefully it drops a bombshell which blows apart the shambles that is our game enabling us to fix it from the top down. We (collectively TAMB) have been voicing our opinions about the dire state of our governing bodies for years. We should all be hopeful of the same thing!

In general terms I couldn't agree more with hoping for something that blows our entire game apart. However, Rangers aren't doing this to revolutionise the game in everyone's favour, they're doing it for their own ends so any phoenix from the flames will look a lot like what we've already got.

It'll never, ever happen but what's really needed is a complete burning down of the existing structure - including the teams themselves - and a brand new start with community-owned and led clubs starting from the ground up. And that goes for the game globally just as much as it does for Scotland.

17 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Keep telling yourself that ya fucking helmet

Exactly why the league should be ended prior to any forthcoming information. To shut deluded wee morons like you up.  

The issue raised is to do with the process and the shoddy characters running our game but you knew that already right?

3 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Exactly why the league should be ended prior to any forthcoming information. To shut deluded wee morons like you up.  

The issue raised is to do with the process and the shoddy characters running our game but you knew that already right?

It's to do with your support and their obsession with null and void, they think they can still get it if they prove some sort of "corruption"

All you hun bastards care about is stopping Celtic getting 10iar. It's absolutely consuming you. Sad, unhinged cunts.

3 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

It's to do with your support and their obsession with null and void, they think they can still get it if they prove some sort of "corruption"

All you hun bastards care about is stopping Celtic getting 10iar. It's absolutely consuming you. Sad, unhinged cunts.

I couldn't give a fuck about Celtic getting 10IAR at this stage.  I'd resigned myself to it about 2 or 3 years ago.  I'll be surprised if it stops at 10.  Would I be happy if it didn't happen?  Obviously.  Am I obsessing and frothing at the mouth about it?  Not at all.  No point worrying about the inevitable.

Just now, Fairbairn said:

I couldn't give a fuck about Celtic getting 10IAR at this stage.  I'd resigned myself to it about 2 or 3 years ago.  I'll be surprised if it stops at 10.  Would I be happy if it didn't happen?  Obviously.  Am I obsessing and frothing at the mouth about it?  Not at all.  No point worrying about the inevitable.

You're a very small exception if that's true then. Every other hun on social media seems to be using spfl corruption, supposed state aid and even fucking child abuse as to reason why Celtic  should be denied titles. Either than or looneys like Dave King saying 4 titles don't count as Rangers weren't in the league.

The crackpot behaviour just keeps getting ramped up the closer Celtic get. Also a special mention to the ones who were saying that a null and void means we have to start again at one in a row if we win it next year 🤣

But apart from all that, they all seem pretty relaxed about it and of course "there's more important things than football right now" as they keep telling us.

6 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

The crackpot behaviour just keeps getting ramped up the closer Celtic get. Also a special mention to the ones who were saying that a null and void means we have to start again at one in a row if we win it next year 🤣

I want the season finished whenever it can be but if N&V happens then obviously this is the case.....:whistling:

28 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

None more shoddy than the cunts who are pointing the fingers. 

5 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

You're a very small exception if that's true then. Every other hun on social media seems to be using spfl corruption, supposed state aid and even fucking child abuse as to reason why Celtic  should be denied titles. Either than or looneys like Dave King saying 4 titles don't count as Rangers weren't in the league.

But apart from all that, they all seem pretty relaxed about it and of course "there's more important things than football right now" as they keep telling us.

23 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

The only one mentioning null and void here is you.  

4 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Yes, because I'm explaining the real reason for your club/company wanting to "take down the SPFL" 

You already know that, of course.

No your just clarifying my original point about your clubs us us us agenda and trying to make them relevant to the SPFL issue when they are not. 

People are dying and our games fucked, all the while your club are in the background screaming for attention. 

Give them the league and leave the adults to save lives AND our game.

1 minute ago, Mazziessc said:

No your just clarifying my original point about your clubs us us us agenda and trying to make them relevant to the SPFL issue when they are not. 

People are dying and our games fucked, all the while your club are in the background screaming for attention. 

Give them the league and leave the adults to save lives AND our game.

In the background yet screaming for attention? That's a bit contradictory is it not?

This seems to be yet another hun myth that Celtic have been asking for the title, or even taking anything to do with this farce at all.

Our club's position is simply that we want to finish the season if/when it is safe to do so, and why wouldn't it be when we were on course for a fourth fucking treble in a row?🤣

Where in your deluded minds have we been screaming for attention or asking for the league title? 

2 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

In the background yet screaming for attention? That's a bit contradictory is it not?

This seems to be yet another hun myth that Celtic have been asking for the title, or even taking anything to do with this farce at all.

Our club's position is simply that we want to finish the season if/when it is safe to do so, and why wouldn't it be when we were on course for a fourth fucking treble in a row?🤣

Where in your deluded minds have we been screaming for attention or asking for the league title? 

You are aware this Rangers position too right?

That doesn't fit the agenda though eh

You and the rest of your mob go on and on about how the whistle blowing is somehow to stop Celtic winning the league despite there being zero mention of it publicly. 

That does fit your agenda though. "The huns are doing it to stop us" It's got a wee bit old now. 

Just waking up now. Few notifications. Seems some folk dont have a sense of humor when it comes to the huns. I want to win the league fair and square. It will not happen though due to this virus. Celtic have played enough of the season to possibly be crowned Champions for the 9th time, something the hunnery brigade have a problem with. They are 13 points behind, they will not catch us, they are shite. They will do everything to try and stop 10IAR the moaning cunts. I could go on and on, but we all know that is just pointless. Other leagues in Europe are calling the league and crowning g Champions. I just believe a null and void season is an injustice, especially when Celtic are chasing the historic 10IAR. A "honest" 10IAR unlike that other tax dodging shower of shite.. Just sayin like.. 🤘🙂

29 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Just waking up now. Few notifications. Seems some folk dont have a sense of humor when it comes to the huns. I want to win the league fair and square. It will not happen though due to this virus. Celtic have played enough of the season to possibly be crowned Champions for the 9th time, something the hunnery brigade have a problem with. They are 13 points behind, they will not catch us, they are shite. They will do everything to try and stop 10IAR the moaning cunts. I could go on and on, but we all know that is just pointless. Other leagues in Europe are calling the league and crowning g Champions. I just believe a null and void season is an injustice, especially when Celtic are chasing the historic 10IAR. A "honest" 10IAR unlike that other tax dodging shower of shite.. Just sayin like.. 🤘🙂

It's not good to start the day so stressed, relax.

Apologies if this has been mentioned already.

Teams have been instructed by SPFL to start training on 11 May. Games to be played behind closed doors starting 10 June.  Games will be televised on Sky, BBC and BT Sport. 9 league games and cup games to be played in 3 weeks.  Season will then finish giving teams 2 weeks off before starting pre-season again. (England starting 1 June)