Season 19/20 - Page 200 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

8 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

I don't see why they'd call it so early if there's a chance to play the remaining games at some point.

Wouldn't feel like a proper victory either tbh. Although it's obviously a better option than null and voiding a season that's nearly finished

Behind closed doors is the way forward. Other nations are looking to go down this route. Its the only way the season finishes. they can play Saturday and Wednesday each week till its over.

Every game live on TV with BT and Sky or via each clubs website. 

Fair on everyone

I was im favour of voiding but not anymore.

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Why we're you in favour of voiding? It seems the most unfair option by an absolute mile. 

Agreed, voiding rewards those who have been sh!te and punishing those who have done well.

It's a horrible proposal for a sporting contest. 

29 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

I don't see why they'd call it so early if there's a chance to play the remaining games at some point.

Wouldn't feel like a proper victory either tbh. Although it's obviously a better option than null and voiding a season that's nearly finished

I'm only on the wind up mate, I would rather win it properly as you would never hear the end of it fae those fucks. The null and void is a good point though, and a wee bit concerning..

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Does it matter? its no longer the opinion I hold

Was just asking. Always good to understand the reasoning of others. Never mind though. 

24 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Behind closed doors is the way forward. Other nations are looking to go down this route. Its the only way the season finishes. they can play Saturday and Wednesday each week till its over.

Fair on everyone

👍. Dont see any other option..

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Was just asking. Always good to understand the reasoning of others. Never mind though. 

There was no reasoning, it was the wrong opinion to have but it may still happen if time goes on and games behind closed doors id declined by the government or the clubs. 

33 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Fair on everyone

I hope the season can be played out but I honestly don't see it happening. Money will be the driving force and if calling the season now rather than kicking the can down the road is more profitable then that's what will happen 🙅‍♂️

5 minutes ago, slasher said:

I hope the season can be played out but I honestly don't see it happening. Money will be the driving force and if calling the season now rather than kicking the can down the road is more profitable then that's what will happen 🙅‍♂️

The biggest issue will be the SKY and BT contract. I can;t see them allowing clubs to stream games online, they will want to have exclusivity and they won't pay more than they currently have to. This will leave clubs losing money to finish the season. 

I think the bigger issue in playing behind closed doors is the amount of fuckwits we have in the uk. There’s no chance that Celtic/rangers fans will stay away from Ibrox/parkhead when the of game is on, Liverpool fans staying away from grounds when they’re about to win the league for the first time in 30 years, no chance, quite likely every team will have clowns turning up. 

As I said, the place of full of fucking morons and it would turn into a security nightmare, even more so if games aren’t televised. 

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I think the bigger issue in playing behind closed doors is the amount of fuckwits we have in the uk. There’s no chance that Celtic/rangers fans will stay away from Ibrox/parkhead when the of game is on, Liverpool fans staying away from grounds when they’re about to win the league for the first time in 30 years, no chance, quite likely every team will have clowns turning up. 

As I said, the place of full of fucking morons and it would turn into a security nightmare, even more so if games aren’t televised. 

That and folk gathering in large groups to watch the games.

Completely agree, it’s not dissimilar to the reason(s) it’s highly unlikely we’ll ever see alcohol in Scottish grounds.

4 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Why would Hibs want Hearts to go down? It’s each other’s biggest games of the season. They might get a wee laugh out it initially but over a season the derbies would be greatly missed. 

Hibs would be stupid to vote against Hearts. Hospitality wise they make a wee fortune out of them never mind gate wise.

The French government have taken the decision away from the football authorities and announced that season 19/20 is over. The league body will however get to decide whether to call or void  the season.

Not sure how UEFA will like the political involvement.

44 minutes ago, min said:

The French government have taken the decision away from the football authorities and announced that season 19/20 is over. The league body will however get to decide whether to call or void  the season.

So thats the dutch and french ending the season so far

I can see it happening in Scotland, it just depends on whether its void or called

5 hours ago, dandydunn said:

True that. 

2 hours ago, min said:

Any truth in the rumour that Peter Lawell is considering putting in a bid for Celtic to be named as champions of another league they didnae win? 

22 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Any truth in the rumour that Peter Lawell is considering putting in a bid for Celtic to be named as champions of another league they didnae win? 

I'm curious as to why you would want Motherwells best season in years voided, bizarre unless..... 

Look they must have evidence so it’s win win. They’re calling for jobs to go so it must be serious evidence that they have. We can all look forward to those that are exposed losing their positions which will be a great plus for our game. It’s just a shame we have to wait a couple of weeks for it.