Season 19/20 - Page 197 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

46 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think this bit might be a bit ambitious.

"Developing a fixture programme which fulfils all remaining Premiership and Scottish Cup matches as well as a full 38-game season calendar for 2020-21 before the commencement of Euro 2021. "

Any effort to complete 2019/20 would have to be at the expense of a 38 game 20/21, in fact a 38 game 20/21 seems pretty ambitious at the moment regardless.

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Any effort to complete 2019/20 would have to be at the expense of a 38 game 20/21, in fact a 38 game 20/21 seems pretty ambitious at the moment regardless.

Yep. If it's to be a 14 team league just make it a 26 game season. 

This is where the problem lies i think 

The new Sky deal,sarting in August,  worth loadsa money will be wanting 4  celtic/Rangers games....

Everything will revolve qround that. 

On 4/20/2020 at 8:12 PM, Stu101 said:

I dont think you've quite followed what I've said. Put it this way, if you were Rangers, what would you have done differently?

Not made a statement calling for resignations without offering supporting evidence? And probably advised the whistle blower to contact the SPFL, SFA, UEFA, the media, the police or the most sensible body depending on exactly what he was concerned about - if I was not comfortable releasing the information to the public myself (e.g. if I thought doing so was unlawful). 

1 hour ago, stocky said:

The new Sky deal,sarting in August,  worth loadsa money will be wanting 4  celtic/Rangers games....

Just let the old firm play a couple of challenge match's to satisfy sky. They have the Aberdeen v Dundee United as well.

1 hour ago, stocky said:

38 minutes ago, hoofitharder said:

Just let the old firm play a couple of challenge match's to satisfy sky. They have the Aberdeen v Dundee United as well.

End of season 2 leg play off for the champions league spot. 😂

1st v 2nd, unless rangers finish 3rd, then 1st v 3rd. 👍🏻

Would depend on the terms of the contract - ie do they run from season to season or from a specific date - but if we're not finishing this season until eg autumn 2020, they could get two leftover OF games from this season, plus the two from the 20/21 season, thereby giving them their four.

Or the rest of Scottish football could grow a pair and get rid of this monotonous four games a season pish.

17 minutes ago, slasher said:

So, where are all the huns today with their whistleblowers and smoking guns? Or has their club just been lying through their teeth again? 🤔

Presumably the Dutch declaring the Eredivisie null and void is all part of the big Orange conspiracy.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Whats the issue now? Are they looking for an investigation into the investigation that found no wrong doing?

Deloitte - did you do everything correct?

SPFL - Of course.

Deloitte - Ok, cool.  Heres yer bill

So, I assume Rangers didn't give their damning evidence to the independent investigation. 

Rangers as the champions of integrity in the Scottish game is laughable. The only outcome they want is null and void to get it up Timmy. Celtic are/were miles ahead of them both on and off the pitch.

They just come across as small time. 

4 hours ago, beardy said:

So, I assume Rangers didn't give their damning evidence to the independent investigation. 

Rangers as the champions of integrity in the Scottish game is laughable. The only outcome they want is null and void to get it up Timmy. Celtic are/were miles ahead of them both on and off the pitch.

They just come across as small time. 

How can you give evidence to something if you were not aware it was happening and they didn't reach out to anyone outside of the SPFL?

Hence the members resolution.