Season 19/20 - Page 195 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Douglas Park has written to the SPFL. In the letter includes the following ;

• says he WON’T provide evidence unless MacLennan, Doncaster and McKenzie aren’t involved.
  • wants a copy of the league’s
 official whistleblower policy.

The narrative has moved beyond Rangers grievances I think. There are plenty of SPFL clubs now questioning the vote process. 

So, in short, fuck all.

The manner in which Rangers released their statement suggested that they had video footage of Doncaster walking up the Cleppie Road with a shiv to the throat of John Nelms' pet Labrador,  shouting

" do as I say or the pooch gets it". 

And yes Debs, im still alright. 

Edited by Farcity

1 hour ago, Farcity said:

So, in short, fuck all.

The manner in which Rangers released their statement suggested that they had video footage of Doncaster walking up the Cleppie Road with a shiv to the throat of John Nelms' pet Labrador,  shouting

" do as I say or the pooch gets it". 

And yes Debs, im still alright. 

Thanks for the mention pal.

The evidence (tbc) Rangers have is from a whistle-blower and they rightly need protected.  

If however Cormack was called by Doncaster and told his vote didn't matter that's now another reason for an enquiry.  

16 hours ago, macy37 said:

What was the smoking gun evidence? Sure it was you that said “keep up”....apologies if it wasn’t but still I’d appreciate it if anyone can tell me what it was. 

No worries. I understand how hard it can be to follow this- especially with the number of Rangers statments.

On 11 April Rangers attempted to discuss the evidence with the SPFL (see Rangers statement of that same day). The SPFL, via Neil Doncaster,  refused to do so by phone, with the SPFL following this up by email, allegedly containing a legal threat (reported in the Times and Guardian).

Rangers then released a statement at 3pm on the 11th to state that (i) they held the evidence, (ii) they would only hand it over as part of an indepdent investigaton. 

The following day, the SPFL then demanded that this evidence be handed over in order that they could carry out their own in house enquiry. Nothwithstanding they more than likley know what this evidence is (after all, the SPFL took it seriously enough to threaten Rangers with legal action over), then if they have nothing to hide, then why not investigate it independently? It would call Rangers out. Yet, seemingly, they dont want to do this. One wonders why?

Further, as widely reported, if the evidence has come from a whistleblower, then it's more than likley protected under law. Not something you'd want to leak if you held the cards. 

38 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

No worries. I understand how hard it can be to follow this- especially with the number of Rangers statments.

On 11 April Rangers attempted to discuss the evidence with the SPFL (see Rangers statement of that same day). The SPFL, via Neil Doncaster,  refused to do so by phone, with the SPFL following this up by email, allegedly containing a legal threat (reported in the Times and Guardian).

Rangers then released a statement at 3pm on the 11th to state that (i) they held the evidence, (ii) they would only hand it over as part of an indepdent investigaton. 

The following day, the SPFL then demanded that this evidence be handed over in order that they could carry out their own in house enquiry. Nothwithstanding they more than likley know what this evidence is (after all, the SPFL took it seriously enough to threaten Rangers with legal action over), then if they have nothing to hide, then why not investigate it independently? It would call Rangers out. Yet, seemingly, they dont want to do this. One wonders why?

Further, as widely reported, if the evidence has come from a whistleblower, then it's more than likley protected under law. Not something you'd want to leak if you held the cards. 

If it’s true then legally they’re fucked so I don’t understand why threaten legal actions. Bluff and bluster? Surely not if they know they are fucked and Huns hold the aces? What an embarrassing mess for the game.

43 minutes ago, macy37 said:

If it’s true then legally they’re fucked so I don’t understand why threaten legal actions. Bluff and bluster? Surely not if they know they are fucked and Huns hold the aces? What an embarrassing mess for the game.

Agreed. The whole thing is a mess. Without giving the evidence to an independent third party to look at, then I can't see how else you deal. If Rangers are wrong, then they get hammered for the costs, made to apologise, etc.

44 minutes ago, Debian said:

Les Gray on BBC Sportsounf hanging Cormack and Doncaster out to dry today. 

What did he say? Didn’t hear the programme at all. 

edit: just seen bits of it online. He’s suggesting that the clubs alleging any misdoing are the ones that voted no, yet Aberdeen claim to have voted yes to the proposal? Seems a strange way of explaining it all. 

Edited by dandydunn

19 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

I doubt Jim Beem is his real name, but if it is then I'm surprised you haven't heard of him.

Oh and "Tartan Army legend"?  Cringe.

If you hae been where I have been.  And Wee Andy.  Then you might have a real opinion on Tartan Army legends.  He is one and I know a few others.  Kid.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

How did Davy get on?  Fell asleep and watched Andy.  Davy is good as well pal.  Scotland Forever.

Aye he was good he does 6 nights a week. Fair shift fae Andy last night, really enjoyed it.

I listen to the BBC podcast, the guy from Aberdeen was on yesterdays BBC Scotland program, and he came across as absolutely confused and completely lost IMO. Theres no one in our game that looks even remotely competent now.

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

I listen to the BBC podcast, the guy from Aberdeen was on yesterdays BBC Scotland program, and he came across as absolutely confused and completely lost IMO. Theres no one in our game that looks even remotely competent now.

Was just about to say the same thing. Rambled on for ages and didn’t make one concise point. Totally clueless. 

16 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Was just about to say the same thing. Rambled on for ages and didn’t make one concise point. Totally clueless. 

The only person from a club who has sounded coherent recently IMO was the guy from Forfar, he was on last week I think.

I say coherent, but he was a two faced liar and a charlatan. He wanted the season finished now, not for the £3700 his club would receive now, but so they could have clarity for next season. So it wasn't a financial decision for him, it was all about planning for next season, which, we don't know when it will start, so clarity my arse.

He was also happy to relegate Partick, screw Falkirk and get Cove up, as those three would provide good gate receipts for next season, certainly much better than Qos and Raith. So it absolutely was financial for him.

On 4/19/2020 at 12:34 PM, Stu101 said:

Thanks for the run down.

I would imagine the SPFL would struggle to establish the remit of an independent investigation without knowing what the charge is to be fair. Whether Doncastor is a bully or not seems far too vague and subjective. 

I certainly question the intelligence of this so called whistle blower's decision to choose Rangers as their preferred whistle blowing outlet. They are almost the last people in the world I'd trust to handle something like this for me! If there is one organisation capable of outperforming the SPFL in terms of incompetentence, lack of professionalism, bullying and idiocy it's those guys! Bizarre choice to say the least.

Safe to say both the SPFL and Rangers look like total diddies at this point. Scottish football - the never ending comedy!

28 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I would imagine if you are a Hun working for ICT then you are auditioning for a job under the guise of whistleblowing.

Scott Gardiner has already worked for Rangers, then went on to bigger things. Do you think he might fancy a return to one of his old stomping grounds?

2 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Thanks for the run down.

I would imagine the SPFL would struggle to establish the remit of an independent investigation without knowing what the charge is to be fair. Whether Doncastor is a bully or not seems far too vague and subjective. 

I certainly question the intelligence of this so called whistle blower's decision to choose Rangers as their preferred whistle blowing outlet. They are almost the last people in the world I'd trust to handle something like this for me! If there is one organisation capable of outperforming the SPFL in terms of incompetentence, lack of professionalism, bullying and idiocy it's those guys! Bizarre choice to say the least.

Safe to say both the SPFL and Rangers look like total diddies at this point. Scottish football - the never ending comedy!

What a very bizarre post.

2 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I do.

Here's another one. Scott Gardiner also worked for Dundee. I think he took them out of administration, or maybe into administration. Maybe both? Can't remember. 

But that's not the interesting bit. The guy who now does that job. Well, it's not quite the same job, but he was in charge of delivering the "NO" vote that "went missing", is a life-long Raith Rovers supporter. 16 years as CEO and full-time director at Starks Park.

Conspiracy??????

I also fancy a go at doing Jim Traynor's job. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Here's another one. Scott Gardiner also worked for Dundee. I think he took them out of administration, or maybe into administration. Maybe both? Can't remember. 

But that's not the interesting bit. The guy who now does that job. Well, it's not quite the same job, but he was in charge of delivering the "NO" vote that "went missing", is a life-long Raith Rovers supporter. 16 years as CEO and full-time director at Starks Park.

Conspiracy??????

I also fancy a go at doing Jim Traynor's job. :lol:

Even Traynor wouldn't run that story.

Scot Gardiner was Chief Executive at Dundee, a position that no longer exists. We have a Managing Director / Dictator in John Nelms in charge, and the Club Secretary Eric Drysdale who put in our vote, or didnt, or maybe did, maybe...