Season 19/20 - Page 193 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Legal action was never an option, its a members organisation, its nothing more than looking good in front of fans. Besides, they will most likely know that they arent getting relegated due to league reconstruction.

50 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

They’ll get 9 next season easy enough. Wouldn’t bet against 10 in a row achieved in 21/22 either.

That would just be 2 though. They'll have to keep going until the year 2030. And that's assuming we don't have only half a season next year because of another lockdown.

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

budge and gray talking about a temporary reconstruction vs a permanent one. 

I wonder why it would need to be temporary😂

It would be very interesting indeed if they were to call Budge’s bluff on this and agree on a 14 team top division with two up and no relegation but from the end of next season. This is the way reconstruction normally happens ie all teams know at the start of the season that there’s two up and none down before a ball is kicked.

If Budge accepted that then we’d know she was genuinely serious about introducing reconstruction for the good of the Scottish game, but if not then it would confirm that it’s merely a smokescreen and was all only ever about saving Hearts’ skin.

17 hours ago, Kirk said:

Surley Hearts should get relegated anyway just for being Hearts and the sheer rage it would bring. Bring 3 teams up if needed. Anne Budge is a tramp too

Rage? I think you'll find the majority of us will just get on with it, it's hardly as if we've just had a bad run, the season was fked as soon as it started and it's nothing to do with the league set up, one man is to blame for that and the club for being too damn stupid to punt him (IMO 6 years ago). 

You sound like a very bitter individual, strange mentality to for someone to have. Even I don't hold this level of hatred for Hibs... I pity them more than hate them.

14 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

It would be very interesting indeed if they were to call Budge’s bluff on this and agree on a 14 team top division with two up and no relegation but from the end of next season. This is the way reconstruction normally happens ie all teams know at the start of the season that there’s two up and none down before a ball is kicked.

If Budge accepted that then we’d know she was genuinely serious about introducing reconstruction for the good of the Scottish game, but if not then it would confirm that it’s merely a smokescreen and was all only ever about saving Hearts’ skin.

😂 That would be funny. 😂

Seriously, all the fowk moaning about Ann Budge looking at options, would you not expect your chairperson to do that were it your club in this position? 

She's said already she won't drag this on, if it happens it happens but if there are better ways of doing things where everyone will benefit then great! 

2 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

Rage? I think you'll find the majority of us will just get on with it, it's hardly as if we've just had a bad run, the season was fked as soon as it started and it's nothing to do with the league set up, one man is to blame for that and the club for being too damn stupid to punt him (IMO 6 years ago). 

You sound like a very bitter individual, strange mentality to for someone to have. Even I don't hold this level of hatred for Hibs... I pity them more than hate them.

Interesting to see a purple menace supporter calling someone else bitter when his fellow brethren continue to point the finger elsewhere from what was the most amusing bottle job ever in 86

50 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

They'd have to be very fucking stupid... If anything they may get something back for the games not played, however the bad publicity would be prohibitive

I'll let others compute the sheer idiocy of that statement 😂

On 4/16/2020 at 3:58 PM, kumnio said:

Legal action was never an option, its a members organisation, its nothing more than looking good in front of fans. Besides, they will most likely know that they arent getting relegated due to league reconstruction.

Legal action was an option, but with most clubs now in favour they could have just re-voted if the court had struck out. The interesting point is would Dundee have had more negotiating power had they held off from saying 'yes' for longer, or had actually said 'no'. Different views on that one.

17 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Legal action was an option, but with most clubs now in favour they could have just re-voted if the court had struck out. The interesting point is would Dundee have had more negotiating power had they held off from saying 'yes' for longer, or had actually said 'no'. Different views on that one.

Depends what he got. We might never find out. I don't think he changed his mind for no reason.

20 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

Interesting to see a purple menace supporter calling someone else bitter when his fellow brethren continue to point the finger elsewhere from what was the most amusing bottle job ever in 86

and thereafter the benchmark for all cases of hibsing it was set