Season 19/20 - Page 191 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

18 minutes ago, min said:

Unless the new TV deal was signed in the last three weeks, there should be a force majeure clause - rendering the contractual August start unenforceable. Then, legally there can’t be any penalties.

I’m involved in renegotiating several contracts at the moment and you also mention ‘other contractual reasons’. What are they?

IMO... This season should be concluded - whenever that is.

Allegedly Sky can walk away from the deal if it doesn't start in August. That I imagine would be a major problem for Scottish football. I don't care what contracts you've been negotiating, you know fuck all about this one and neither do I, I'm just passing on information that may or may not have some credence. 

As for your other question, there are umpteen contracts I can think of that could be adversely affected by a delayed start to next season eg player, sponsorship, UEFA contracts to name but a few. 

At the end of the day UEFA will decide the final outcome not Neil Doncaster or Peter Lawwell no matter what the orcs have to say. 

As others have said, there’s no problem that’s insurmountable.

The whole Sky deal thing, if the worst case is Sky walk away in August, good! Their coverage will set us back years. Motherwell will be on 4 times all at home, with alternating Kris’s depending which team we’re playing.

There has to be some forbearance (got that word from Martin Lewis) on all sides. The negative PR from pulling the plug on Scottish football would be disastrous. Nobody is going to do that unless they’re already deep in shit themselves. I suspect the bookies will bounce back quick enough and ethically their days as title sponsors are numbered in my opinion....

14 minutes ago, slasher said:

Allegedly Sky can walk away from the deal if it doesn't start in August. That I imagine would be a major problem for Scottish football. I don't care what contracts you've been negotiating, you know fuck all about this one and neither do I, I'm just passing on information that may or may not have some credence. 

As for your other question, there are umpteen contracts I can think of that could be adversely affected by a delayed start to next season eg player, sponsorship, UEFA contracts to name but a few. 

At the end of the day UEFA will decide the final outcome not Neil Doncaster or Peter Lawwell no matter what the orcs have to say. 

There would also be the small matter of Sky looking like absolute cvnts if they reneged on a deal, given the circumstances, just because it didn’t start on the exact date they wanted it to.

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

As others have said, there’s no problem that’s insurmountable.

The whole Sky deal thing, if the worst case is Sky walk away in August, good! Their coverage will set us back years. Motherwell will be on 4 times all at home, with alternating Kris’s depending which team we’re playing.

There has to be some forbearance (got that word from Martin Lewis) on all sides. The negative PR from pulling the plug on Scottish football would be disastrous. Nobody is going to do that unless they’re already deep in shit themselves. I suspect the bookies will bounce back quick enough and ethically their days as title sponsors are numbered in my opinion....

I hate Sky but Bt plainly weren't interested and virtually pulled the plug. I don't imagine too many chairmen want to risk them walking away or trying to negotiate a lesser deal? 

Just now, Dalgety Bay TA said:

There would also be the small matter of Sky looking like absolute cvnts if they reneged on a deal, given the circumstances, just because it didn’t start on the exact date they wanted it to.

They won't give a fuck about that if it suits them and if it's in the contract there's not a thing anyone can do about it. It'll be a business decision no more or less and frankly we're small fry to them 🤷‍♂️

16 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The chief of the club that stood to lose the most asked to steer the possibility of reconstruction. You actually couldn’t make it up but anyone could see what was going to happen weeks ago. 

I don't think Rangers should pursue this any further and they should let events run their course. If however they do have real substantial evidence about wrongdoing and that is going to stand up to scrutiny then they need to get it out there. I can't believe Anne Budge is falling for the reconstruction morsel. She and Hearts will be shafted. The SPFL  putting Hearts and Hamilton in charge of a task force on reconstruction is quite funny, Hats off to them for taking the piss......

Edited by EddardStark

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

I don't think Rangers should pursue this any further and they should let events run their course. If however they do have real substantial evidence about wrongdoing and that is going to stand up to scrutiny then they need to get it out there. I can't believe Anne Budge is falling for the reconstruction morsel. She and Hearts will be shafted. The SPFL  putting Hearts and Hamilton in charge of a task force on reconstruction is quite funny, Hats off to them for taking the piss.....

They aren't really being shafted though,they are bottom of the league on merit. Four wins in over a calendar year means they thoroughly deserve to go down and it's pretty much certain they would have. 

4 minutes ago, Farcity said:

They aren't really being shafted though,they are bottom of the league on merit. Four wins in over a calendar year means they thoroughly deserve to go down and it's pretty much certain they would have. 

This is the perfect situation for budge. It gives her the opportunity to blame others for hearts being relegated when the vote on reconstruction fails. 

I know what u guys are saying but still I believe in a bigger premiership.  Not to save hearts. And we survived before sky came along. We will again when this is over. Cut our cloths and all that. Maybe people will lose the greed factor. Both rangers and Celtic should stop their self interest and be better and fairer for the good of the game up here. 

16 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I'm sure it would be exactly the same if it were the other way round.  For what it's worth I don't think it should be null and void, they should find a way to complete this season.  If that means shortening next season, scrapping the winter break or the league cup then so be it.  No one should be handed a league they haven't won and no one should be relegated without completing a full season but likewise these teams should be given the opportunity to win their respective leagues fair and square.

I couldn't agree more. If football starts back in August as seems to have been suggested, then surely we can compete those 8 league games and start next season a little later? There has to be a way round this.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

This is the perfect situation for budge. It gives her the opportunity to blame others for hearts being relegated when the vote on reconstruction fails. 

I've not really been paying much attention this, why would a vote on reconstruction fail? Has there been suggestion from clubs that they wouldn't be in favour?

Edited by Mox

13 minutes ago, Mox said:

I've not really been paying much attention this, why would a vote on reconstruction fail? Has there been suggestion from clubs that they wouldn't be in favour?

Wouldn't it mean sharing the tv money between more clubs, meaning each one gets less?

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

Wouldn't it mean sharing the tv money between more clubs, meaning each one gets less?

Plus sacrificing one OF visit per season at moment you get 3 pre-split and a 4th if you’re top 6 (normally).

To Motherwell, Killie, Livi. St Johnstone it’s a lot of money I’m not sure any of them would fancy it?

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

Plus sacrificing one OF visit per season at moment you get 3 pre-split and a 4th if you’re top 6 (normally).

To Motherwell, Killie, Livi. St Johnstone it’s a lot of money I’m not sure any of them would fancy it?

According to the looneys on FF then we'll all be getting starved of the blue pound from next season anyway so it might not make any difference....

1 hour ago, Mox said:

any reconstruction needs to be agreed via a vote of 11-1

tv money split between 14 instead of 11 for a start

potentially less games against the OF for the likes of St Johnstone who turn their ground into a mini celtic park or ibrox unless they get rid of the split. 

I can't see hibs voting for something saves hearts, all it needs is one more team to vote no, then its bye bye hearts

Just now, Terry Munro said:

According to the looneys on FF then we'll all be getting starved of the blue pound from next season anyway so it might not make any difference....

my favourite was from radio clyde, some dafty is boycotting hamden and selling his beyonce and jay-z tickets for next year 😂