Season 19/20 - Page 190 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Big Dundee on the wind up 😂😂😂

So were rangers just full of shite or do they have something to present that justifies their Trumpion drama?

Nah, just desperate to get some cash in 😜

1 hour ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Big Dundee on the wind up 😂😂😂

So were rangers just full of shite or do they have something to present that justifies their Trumpion drama?

Folowing statment number 851, it appears that Rangers made the SPFL aware of evidence, and in return the SPFL threatened them with legal action. Now the SPFL want again to be presented with the evidence, in order that they can have an inhouse enquiry.

Given the seriousness of this all, the least that any enquiry needs to be, is independent.

19 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Folowing statment number 851, it appears that Rangers made the SPFL aware of evidence, and in return the SPFL threatened them with legal action. Now the SPFL want again to be presented with the evidence, in order that they can have an inhouse enquiry.

Given the seriousness of this all, the least that any enquiry needs to be, is independent.

I know it’s a different organisation (by name anyway), but in-house enquires weren’t particularly effective after the 2016 Scottish cup final. 😂

Absolute whitewash of any SFA responsibility from the same folk that dragged Motherwell and rangers and fir park security arrangements over the coals.

46 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Their principled stance is borne out of pure self interest

As is pretty much every club involved in this. And those who have no self interest (e.g. those who voted to end the season in order to release funds to help other clubs) have done so on information that wasn't true. 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

While I agree with Rangers to an extent. Their principled stance is borne out of pure self interest and I would like to see this smoking gun they allege to have.

Or is it an Ally Mccoist list of names....

Im sure Rangers would like to see it too. 

59 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

As is pretty much every club involved in this. And those who have no self interest (e.g. those who voted to end the season in order to release funds to help other clubs) have done so on information that wasn't true. 

Oh yeah, 100%. I don’t think others are so blatantly at it, other than probably Hearts. Likes of thistle, raith rovers are t trying to hide what they want and why. 😂

Edited by sbcmfc

4 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Ha, what a drama. If it's as Rangers say then an enquiry wont be needed. They should put the evidence in the public domain and that will compel the resignations they desire. 

Its definitely the opposite of serious 😂

15 minutes ago, slasher said:

How strange. Now no one is talking about the huns apparent lack of funds or their abject failure in 6 domestic competitions under Slippy 🤔

Oh that's not true.  Hunners upon hunners of Celtic supporters are.

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Altogether now "the cry was null and void". 

Just desperate, desperate stuff 🙈

I'm sure it would be exactly the same if it were the other way round.  For what it's worth I don't think it should be null and void, they should find a way to complete this season.  If that means shortening next season, scrapping the winter break or the league cup then so be it.  No one should be handed a league they haven't won and no one should be relegated without completing a full season but likewise these teams should be given the opportunity to win their respective leagues fair and square.

15 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'm sure it would be exactly the same if it were the other way round.  For what it's worth I don't think it should be null and void, they should find a way to complete this season.  If that means shortening next season, scrapping the winter break or the league cup then so be it.  No one should be handed a league they haven't won and no one should be relegated without completing a full season but likewise these teams should be given the opportunity to win their respective leagues fair and square.

I don't know a Celtic fan who would disagree, we've the chance of a quadruple treble.... but as far as I understand it the new TV contract stipulates the season must start in August if not the penalties could be severe. There are other contractual reasons that a delayed or constricted term next season may not be possible. 

So against that background they may have to call it. You can't null and void 30 odd games and then take the fuckin money. There's only one option here and the time for fannying about is just about up. 

5 minutes ago, slasher said:

I don't know a Celtic fan who would disagree, we've the chance of a quadruple treble.... but as far as I understand it the new TV contract stipulates the season must start in August if not the penalties could be severe. There are other contractual reasons that a delayed or constricted term next season may not be possible. 

So against that background they may have to call it. You can't null and void 30 odd games and then take the fuckin money. There's only one option here and the time for fannying about is just about up. 

I'm pretty sure under the circumstances a deal could be struck with Sky.

League reconstruction all but confirmed, asking Hearts to look into it kinda confirms it 😂

There will be no relegation, and a 14-10-10-10 league setup probably, so no club loses out, well except the bitters.

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Unless the new TV deal was signed in the last three weeks, there should be a force majeure clause - rendering the contractual August start unenforceable. Then, legally there can’t be any penalties.

I’m involved in renegotiating several contracts at the moment and you also mention ‘other contractual reasons’. What are they?

IMO... This season should be concluded - whenever that is.