Season 19/20 - Page 188 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish football is absolutely braw. It got a bit quiet there for a while but the recent shenanigans have been great. I would love to know if other leagues have it as good as we do.

The product can be a bit meh but the whole  package is just fantastic. It has to be one of the best banter leagues in Europe

It's a genuine soap opera. Long may it continue. 😀

I keep hearing restructuring. To what exactly? 

Unless we can come up with something that means we only play each other twice then im not really seeing the point but we won't ever move away from four games for the obvious reason though. 

16 minutes ago, Farcity said:

I keep hearing restructuring. To what exactly? 

Unless we can come up with something that means we only play each other twice then im not really seeing the point but we won't ever move away from four games for the obvious reason though. 

Who knows what the fuck they will come up with. They couldnt even get a simple vote correct.

Talk of a 14 team prem splitting in to 2x 7s after 26 games.

10 team Championship, League 1 and 2. No relegation in those leagues with 2 coming up along with Brora and Kelty from the HL and LL.

All of which doesn't benefit Dundee.

1 hour ago, Debian said:

10 team Championship, League 1 and 2. No relegation in those leagues with 2 coming up along with Brora and Kelty from the HL and LL.

I like the idea of a 14 team league with the split above but Can anyone see the likes of st johnstone giving up 2 OF matches per season? If they were to finish bottom 7 they would only have 2 old firm fixtures per season

5 hours ago, Brassrubber said:

I see the guy Mclennan who responded on behalf of spfl works for ceptics big desmond  - how the feck did he get that job ?

hopefully if ceptics grubby paws are implicated in this shitfest in any way  UEFA get involved with a lengthy ban 

Go on, just explain your statement there. Go on,  he works for who? 

2 hours ago, Debian said:

6:8 split I'd heard.

Not a fan of either idea. Best of a bad bunch for a 14 team league is playing each other 3 times like the old First Division IMO.

4 hours ago, Debian said:

Maybe not this year but Dundee would be strong favourites next season without Hearts, United or ICT in the league. 

The above set up is the way I would I thought for I while we should go 14/10/10/10. No relegation,  just promotion.

Think the bottom 2 leagues should be regionalised too. Brora are going to be loving those midweek trips to Stranraer and Annan...

Handing out the money for season's placings and a vote on reconstruction are two separate things, and should be kept as such.

Since the money is just sitting there... hand it out based on the standings as they are now.

If any games do get played (and the standings change) just correct as necessary later.

A full 28 days should be allowed for discussing and planning reconstruction.

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

6:8 split I'd heard.

Not a fan of either idea. Best of a bad bunch for a 14 team league is playing each other 3 times like the old First Division IMO.

There wouldn't be 3 games against each other, it would be 2 or 4.

Denmark, Greece and Romania all have 14 team leagues. Play each other twice, 26 games then a top 6 and bottom 8 split. Then play each other twice again so top 6 play 36 games and bottom 8 play 40. 

Bottom teams get 2 extra home games that would help with finances and the top 6 teams are generally the ones in Europe and who make the later stages of cups so less games for them is balanced out.

Sounds ok to me. Greece do 1 down and playoff between 13th and 2nd. Romania do 2 down and playoff between 12th and 3rd. Denmark have some confusing system from reading Wiki that I would have to read again!

37 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Rangers statement reminds me of the shit you see from the worst cunts you know on Facebook. 

Dafty 1 - "pure shocking so it is!! Absolutley ranging so I am!!!!!"

Dafty 2 "what's up hun"

Dafty 1 "I'll DM you"

Relationship status 'its complicated'

1 hour ago, Debian said:

Tomorrow will be very interesting ;)  Looks as if the SPFL will be doing some major u-turn

Surely going to be embarrassing for someone.

I’ve heard last nights sportsound was interesting, can anyone summarise? Can’t be bothered listening to it all. 😂

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Surely going to be embarrassing for someone.

I’ve heard last nights sportsound was interesting, can anyone summarise? Can’t be bothered listening to it all. 😂

Just listen to the 20 minutes when the guy from ICT is on- covers most of it.

12 hours ago, beardy said:

Scottish football is absolutely braw. It got a bit quiet there for a while but the recent shenanigans have been great. I would love to know if other leagues have it as good as we do.

The product can be a bit meh but the whole  package is just fantastic. It has to be one of the best banter leagues in Europe

It's a genuine soap opera. Long may it continue. 😀

Needs a fly on the wall documentary to truely capture the banter