Season 19/20 - Page 185 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How can a club who are out of both domestic cups and 13 points behind in the table be presenting themselves as the victims in all this carry on? We are the real losers out of all of this. Denied the chance of a historic quadruple treble, unlikely to ever be seen again.

Police should be involved the shambles is that dodgy, Doncaster cannot survive this shit show.

27 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Football in Scotland is suspended until June 10. I think we will be playing in June at some point. Why the rush to settle outcomes now? Money can still be distributed.

Only way we will be playing in June will be behind closed doors! Lots of sporting events in July already cancelled! There is no way restrictions re mass gatherings will be removed by then.

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

How can a club who are out of both domestic cups and 13 points behind in the table be presenting themselves as the victims in all this carry on? We are the real losers out of all of this. Denied the chance of a historic quadruple treble, unlikely to ever be seen again.

Police should be involved the shambles is that dodgy, Doncaster cannot survive this shit show.

Police involvement? Explain why.

9 hours ago, slasher said:

Just withold everything till the matter becomes clear.... until then if anyone is struggling they can apply to the bank of Celtic.

All applications to

P. Lawell 

Paradise  

G1888

You shouldn’t be so smug,  if it wasn’t for Fergus McCann Celtic would have died before the original rfc, show some class for a change especially with what’s going on in the wider world, there ain’t no paradises at the moment 👏👏👏

I thought when all this started getting serious they would play out the games in empty stadiums with only a skeleton crew to run it and the TV cameras. That way they could have kept the sky subscription money flowing (probably see a huge surge in demand in fact) which in turn could pay wages and keep the clubs financially above water. They have their own doctors and could have just tested everyone regularly to isolate anyone who does have it. I think it would have been a useful distraction but alas you would have got a lot of arseholes gathering outside the grounds instead in defiance. 

The way this has been handled further devalues a 'competition' which has all the class and integrity of an Epstien bunga bunga party. In the current lense we're viewing this through the level of self interest leaves a bad taste plus Celtic could win ten quadruples but seem to lack the self awareness the achievement gets cheaper and cheaper.  I'm pretty sure I could beat my five year old at chess, trivial pursuit and scrabble for years as she's not currently got facility to compete.  However, the first time she does beat me it'll be worth far more than all my victories combined.

Then we have Rangers riding in on their white steed  of virtue spinning a yarn they're concern is for the Jambos and that sporting integrity demands completion of the season with all the believablity of Prince Andrew reviewing Wokings's Pizza Express whilst trying to stuff their saddle bags with the prize money for second place.  

Imagine on the other hand the impact on Scottish football, and society in general, if Rangers came out and conceded the title to Celtic with some dignity and decorum.  It's obvious they have no chance of catching Celtic but equally obvious they would not even contemplate doing this which essentially in a nutshell sums up Scottish football. 

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Football in Scotland is suspended until June 10. I think we will be playing in June at some point. Why the rush to settle outcomes now? Money can still be distributed.

I agree that there is no reason to be making a decision this soon. They should just wait until more information is available. I don't think they will be playing football in June, though. I actually think they will be struggling to get enough fixtures played to have a meaningful 2020/21 season. To me, with what little information we have at present, we should be thinking about the possibility of using any playing time in 20/21 to finish off this season and canceling the 20/21 season altogether. UEFA competitions start up again in summer 2021. I think that is a more realistic target at present. But, there is no reason to make any decision at present, just wait and see when games are to be allowed again, and see what UEFA decide.

12 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

The way this has been handled further devalues a 'competition' which has all the class and integrity of an Epstien bunga bunga party. In the current lense we're viewing this through the level of self interest leaves a bad taste plus Celtic could win ten quadruples but seem to lack the self awareness the achievement gets cheaper and cheaper.  I'm pretty sure I could beat my five year old at chess, trivial pursuit and scrabble for years as she's not currently got facility to compete.  However, the first time she does beat me it'll be worth far more than all my victories combined.

Then we have Rangers riding in on their white steed  of virtue spinning a yarn they're concern is for the Jambos and that sporting integrity demands completion of the season with all the believablity of Prince Andrew reviewing Wokings's Pizza Express whilst trying to stuff their saddle bags with the prize money for second place.  

Imagine on the other hand the impact on Scottish football, and society in general, if Rangers came out and conceded the title to Celtic with some dignity and decorum.  It's obvious they have no chance of catching Celtic but equally obvious they would not even contemplate doing this which essentially in a nutshell sums up Scottish football. 

It's also what keeps it interesting, though. If it wasn't for these petty rivalries it would be about as boring as watching bowls.

I think it would be quite funny if Dundee voted the way they did,  just to keep United down. If it works, it's the sort of petty stuff that will be talked about for years to come. Some Dundee fans will enjoy that just as much as when they beat United to send them down in the first place. :lol:

29 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

It's also what keeps it interesting, though. If it wasn't for these petty rivalries it would be about as boring as watching bowls.

I think it would be quite funny if Dundee voted the way they did,  just to keep United down. If it works, it's the sort of petty stuff that will be talked about for years to come. Some Dundee fans will enjoy that just as much as when they beat United to send them down in the first place. :lol:

For me it's a bit WWE in that the sideshow is needed to maintain interest due to the lack of much of anything meaningful happening at the main event.

Stoke and Vale is as vicious a rivalry as I've seen with the games in the nineties usually involving Stone Island minks smashing stuff up.  However, when Vale were going out of business Stoke fans chucked loads of money in the buckets to help save their derby.  When I went to the Dundee derby and United were chucking fake notes in it was an alien concept to me. 

At some point the good of the overall game supercedes individual rivalries or the game will only continue to go backwards.

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

That would be too much like common sense.

They're not going agree pay out two loads of prize money for one season though which would be the main stumbling block.  Player contracts too but could just treat it as a transfer window I suppose.

3 hours ago, EddardStark said:

They said that no matches would be allowed to play until after 6 about weeks of training and medical conditioning, which is on recommendation from medical advice. That would take us until nearer August, assuming government restrictions stay as they are. 

Unfortunately, there may not be matches for months yet. 

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

They said that no matches would be allowed to play until after 6 about weeks of training and medical conditioning, which is on recommendation from medical advice. That would take us until nearer August, assuming government restrictions stay as they are. 

Unfortunately, there may not be matches for months yet. 

And yet players make returns from injury lay offs in quicker time. Bizarre.

17 minutes ago, macy37 said:

And yet players make returns from injury lay offs in quicker time. Bizarre.

But do they? There’s light training, contact training then full training. Don’t have the match fitness right away, probably trying to prevent further injury, but I see what you’re saying. 

It’s all just a clusterfuck that no one has really put any thought into and now we’re being asked to punt more money into football clubs without knowing what we’re going to get for it. 

5 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

You shouldn’t be so smug,  if it wasn’t for Fergus McCann Celtic would have died before the original rfc, show some class for a change especially with what’s going on in the wider world, there ain’t no paradises at the moment 👏👏👏

I didn't realise jokes had been outlawed in the current guidelines. I'm well aware of what's going on in the wider world, I'm living it same as everyone else 🙄

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

I didn't realise jokes had been outlawed in the current guidelines. I'm well aware of what's going on in the wider world, I'm living it same as everyone else 🙄

Have to say, I think Scottish Football is doing a great job of distracting people from the horrors of the real world at the moment. A particular skill, when no games are even being played.

Interesting that 3 of the clubs who have voted this down have 4 administrations and a liquidation between them. I'm not sure football should be taking any financial advice from the likes of The Rangers, Hearts and Dundee 🤔