Season 19/20 - Page 182 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

20 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The SPFL are not meeting till tomorrow yet a lowland chairman knows the outcome before the meeting takes place?

Yes, clearly he does. It has also now  been backed up by a chairman of a top league club and a championship clubs chairman.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Are the juniors all joining the lowland league too?

Nope, the WoSL.

I spoke to George Fraser a couple of days back, and there is absolutely no plans for reconstruction on the table, and the HL/LL Playoff may well be canned.

19 hours ago, EddardStark said:

I see Stoke City through their owners are paying staff 100% of their wages for 5 months  and donating £10m to NHS fund raising.

They've done that for their Bet365 staff too which is the biggest  employer in Stoke.  The daughter, who is the brains of the operation, paid the most in tax last year at £280m which was twice as much as second place.  Of that £125m was via her wages through PAYE which was c.£20m more in tax than Facebook, Amazon and Google combined.

So they want the prize money handed out now but they don't want to accept the table as it stands? 

Be honest, I've as much chance of riding Taylor Swift as the Huns have of catching Celtic. Hearts, well they have been in disarray all year, there is zero evidence that they are capable of stringing two games together. 

That's what get get for not paying their bills.  

Edited by Farcity

9 minutes ago, Farcity said:

So they want the prize money handed out now but they don't want to accept the table as it stands? 

Be honest, I've as much chance of riding Taylor Swift as the Huns have of catching Celtic. Hearts, well they have been in disarray all year, there is zero evidence that they are capable of stringing two games together. 

That's what get get for not paying their bills.  

Rangers case is not a good one. They are not asking for null and void though.  Clearly Hearts are being shafted.

Edited by EddardStark

9 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Rangers case is not a good one. They are not asking for null and void though.  Clearly Hearts are being shafted.

If Hearts had beaten St Mirren 1-0 in the last game to be played instead of the other way around, then St Mirren would be bottom if the league as it stands.

Wouldn't have heard a squeak from Hearts then. 

Edited by Jersey Jim

45 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Another statement from Ra Bairns 

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/04/08/clubstatement/

I didnt realise ra bairns were infamous for writing statements every 30 seconds like rangers, thanks for confirming.

My favourite part of the rangers statement was when they pretended to have the interests of the whole game at heart. That was very nice of them.

Every single football fan who isnt a complete moron knows why rangers are against the season being ended and celtic crowned champions and it has nothing to do with fairness. 

Hearts may feel like thet are being shafted, i doubt you woild hear a peep from them had they been 2nd bottom or 3rd bottom. Theyve been pish all season. The alternative is to void the season which then shafts the likes of dundee united who are practically home.and hosed as winners of the championship.

The longer this drags on, the less chance of finishing the seasons.

Persobally i think UEFA needed to show stronger and better leadership thab they have. Ive no idea how they expect smaller nations to finish with out proper guidelines regarding european competition. Qualifiers for europe tend to start in july, what are uefas intentions here?

The only choice for scotland and other similar nations is to declare or void and do it asap.

In my opinion, of the season is decledred null & void, then it has to be across the board, for all competitions. If that’s the case, how do they decide european places, the Scottish cup one in particular. I have no soft spot for hearts, but if it automatically goes to Aberdeen, then hearts have been shafted twice and that’s not right. 

Season should be played to a close, behind closed doors or whatever it takes, when there’s a safe time to do so. 

No disputes over 9iar, no disputes over promotion/relegation, who won the cup, etc etc. 

Wasn’t the challenge cup final due to be played before we broke up? Those teams and fans deserve their day out too, it’s not often they get the chance of a national cup final and it should happen. 

I guess if leagues were null and void the European places would go to the teams that were in it at start of season. So Killie would get in again. Who knows.

For the Challenge Cup final I guess that could be played at the start of the new season just before League starts, whenever that may be. Not as easy to do with the Scottish Cup being at the semi final stage. If it was just the final it could have been a curtain raiser for new season.

There is 8 games left, you cannot just end the season make us champions and relegate Hearts. The situation needs to be reasses at the end of May/start of June, the SFA have got to show patience and flexibility, no e of which they have in spades.

Anyone know the view of Hibs on this one? If I am right, under the calculations they would drop a place and also not have the benefit of an Edinburgh Derby next year?

I think the clubs will vote to end the season on the average calculation, not announce it to appease UEFA, then try to push through league reform, keeping Hearts in the league. The Sky contract starts on August the 1st, and they wont want to lose that game. Its all about TV money, remember,

27 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

I guess if leagues were null and void the European places would go to the teams that were in it at start of season. So Killie would get in again. Who knows.

For the Challenge Cup final I guess that could be played at the start of the new season just before League starts, whenever that may be. Not as easy to do with the Scottish Cup being at the semi final stage. If it was just the final it could have been a curtain raiser for new season.

That’s easy to say, but killie had their chance of making money from european games, why should they get another one for being 8th in the league. Surely money would have to be paid back to uefa that has been awarded for being there in the 1st place, which would be the same for every club and competition really. 

How can sponsors be expected to fork out prize money for a competition that never took place?