Season 19/20 - Page 172 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How soon after the FA announce what their plans are there for their leagues that the SFA announce the exact same plan for up here?

FWIW, the leagues should be suspended immediately, reassess where we are in a month and extend the season into June.

9 hours ago, Shaundy said:

Pleasing result last night. Legal challenges? Against act of god or what ! 

Say Utd or Cove aren't allowed up, Hearts are relegated... these clubs would go to the courts against the governing body surely.  

Edited by Debian

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Rangers fans on Twitter are now desperate for the League to be scrapped hahaha

Covid-19 to win player of the year for Rangers and Hearts. 

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

This weekend games, OF included will be off.

They should be.

EPL and EFL in meeting currently and will be announcing soon.

Players at various teams confirmed cases or isolating as precaution.

Artur Boruc won’t be at Ibrox on Sunday if it goes ahead. Apparently he’s got it.

11 minutes ago, aaid said:

Just delete this thread now.  That's the season finished.  

Going be interesting to see what they do as it could be a legal clusterfuck all around.  They couldn't on the one hand award Liverpool the title then on the other hand not relegate three teams surely.  The other thing is most sides are going to be strapped for cashflow so there could be sides going to the wall left, right and centre as doubt the various leagues have enough money to bridging loan the majority of clubs. 

I  reckon they'll postpone the Euros then re-arrange for next year so they run back-to-back with the women's.  The league seasons will be postponed for three/four months until the virus has run its course and they'll finish this season before running straight in to next.    

Would seem eminently sensible to award league placings by alphabetical order and start the 2020/2021 season on that basis in August. 

12 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Going be interesting to see what they do as it could be a legal clusterfuck all around.  They couldn't on the one hand award Liverpool the title then on the other hand not relegate three teams surely.  The other thing is most sides are going to be strapped for cashflow so there could be sides going to the wall left, right and centre as doubt the various leagues have enough money to bridging loan the majority of clubs. 

I  reckon they'll postpone the Euros then re-arrange for next year so they run back-to-back with the women's.  The league seasons will be postponed for three/four months until the virus has run its course and they'll finish this season before running straight in to next.    

I don't think there's any solution that doesn't have problems associated with it.

If ultimately the season finishes as of today, ie, no more games are played, then you have to effectively write the season off.  Teams can't be promoted or relegated, no league titles can be given out.  That might seem tough on some teams and it is, but for a league season to have any validity then it has to run its course.

Theres some talk about using the summer to catch up but there's a few obvious problems with that.

its pretty safe to say that things are going to get worse before they get better and there's about two months football left.

That means so as to not impact next season, you need to be in a position at the end of May that things are at a level of normality that that can happen.  To me that seems pretty optimistic.   I think the first cases in China were about four months or so ago and they're not there yet and they've taken a lot more draconian steps than we have here to limit the spread.

You also have the added complication that a lot of players go out of contract in June, so how do you handle that?

I think the least worst option will be to just write off the season and everyone's going to have to take that on the chin.  Trying to somehow finish the season will impact much further down the line. 

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

I don't think there's any solution that doesn't have problems associated with it.

If ultimately the season finishes as of today, ie, no more games are played, then you have to effectively write the season off.  Teams can't be promoted or relegated, no league titles can be given out.  That might seem tough on some teams and it is, but for a league season to have any validity then it has to run its course.

Theres some talk about using the summer to catch up but there's a few obvious problems with that.

its pretty safe to say that things are going to get worse before they get better and there's about two months football left.

That means so as to not impact next season, you need to be in a position at the end of May that things are at a level of normality that that can happen.  To me that seems pretty optimistic.   I think the first cases in China were about four months or so ago and they're not there yet and they've taken a lot more draconian steps than we have here to limit the spread.

You also have the added complication that a lot of players go out of contract in June, so how do you handle that?

I think the least worst option will be to just write off the season and everyone's going to have to take that on the chin.  Trying to somehow finish the season will impact much further down the line. 

Whatever way they go, it will be entertaining watching either side if the old firm going ape shit at the decision.

I agree with you, the season should be null and void