Season 19/20 - Page 171 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

17 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Anyway, good win for The Famous today, horrific 1st half, but owned the 2nd half when the daft sending off changed the whole complexion of the game. 

A muh needed win yesterday. Did mcinnes stick with 3 at the back throughout the whole match?

Great to see main get a goal. Weve looked better with him up top

22 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

A muh needed win yesterday. Did mcinnes stick with 3 at the back throughout the whole match?

Great to see main get a goal. Weve looked better with him up top

It almost looked like we went 2 at the back at one point, took off Logan and put on Anderson, got the 2 goals and then took on Devlin for McLennan. I’ve actually no idea what formation we were playing to start with, never mind finish 🤣

22 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

It almost looked like we went 2 at the back at one point, took off Logan and put on Anderson, got the 2 goals and then took on Devlin for McLennan. I’ve actually no idea what formation we were playing to start with, never mind finish 🤣

Ryan Kent was equal with the mighty andy considine for assists and goals this season until.today.

£7m 😂😂😂

Edited by vanderark14

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Found out today that the dons were closer to celtic at the same time in 15/16 season when delia was in charge.

I hope gerrard stays 😂😂

This from the fan of a team who are currently 22 points behind Rangers and played a game more. 🙂

5 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

This from the fan of a team who are currently 22 points behind Rangers and played a game more. 🙂

And your going to win as much as us this season 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Spent millions and youre further away from celtic than we were in 15/16. Title challenge😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

7m spent of a guy who has less assists and only 1 more goal than our left back.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

And your going to win as much as us this season 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Spent millions and youre further away from celtic than we were in 15/16. Title challenge😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

7m spent of a guy who has less assists and only 1 more goal than our left back.

Beaten twice by the teams at the bottom of the league within 4 days, and a deflected sclaff to beat RC today

TATP 

7 hours ago, EddardStark said:

The dip in form is a unexplainable.  However I am happy to give the current management team another chance at it. I don't think  we are far off them at all. 

While nobody could have predicted how spectacularly Rangers would’ve fallen off a cliff, I think while Rangers fans brought in the new year believing they would win the league...

Most neutrals could see they were overly reliant on Morelos, who while on very good form was far from reliable, whilst Celtic have 5 or 6 players chipping in with goals from all over the park.

Rangers fans citing the league cup final as a sign of their impending dominance was laughable, given Celtic ultimately went home with the trophy....

Utter delusion.

As I said, nobody could’ve predicted the title challenge collapsing so quickly, but anybody not wearing blue tinted specs knew Celtic would ultimately be too strong over the season and have enough to lift it if/when they have to.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

While nobody could have predicted how spectacularly Rangers would’ve fallen off a cliff, I think while Rangers fans brought in the new year believing they would win the league...

Most neutrals could see they were overly reliant on Morelos, who while on very good form was far from reliable, whilst Celtic have 5 or 6 players chipping in with goals from all over the park.

Rangers fans citing the league cup final as a sign of their impending dominance was laughable, given Celtic ultimately went home with the trophy....

Utter delusion.

As I said, nobody could’ve predicted the title challenge collapsing so quickly, but anybody not wearing blue tinted specs knew Celtic would ultimately be too strong over the season and have enough to lift it if/when they have to.

I said it earlier in the thread, Rangers recruitment is terrible. They have signed dozens of players. Not one would get in Celtic's team.

Signing mediocre players in bulk and expecting a rookie manager to fashion them into a league winning side was never going to work.

If the next window mirrors the previous ones then Celtic will stroll the league. 

6 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Utter delusion.

Eh we had two strikers on form albeit Defoe was injured. There was no reason to think both would continue in the scoring vein. In December the stats the stats for the league showed:

Rangers 5 Hearts 1 , Morelos scored 1.

Aberdeen 2 Rangers 2. Morelos didn't score. 

Motherwell 0 Rangers 2, Morelos scored 1.

Hibs 0 Rangers 3 , Morelos didn't score.

Rangers 1 Kilmarnock 0, Morelos scored.

Celtic 1 Rangers 2 , Morelos didn't score.

Hardly a reliance on one player. And we did think we had a great chance in the league. Our run of fixtures after the winter break was not the most challenging. We should have had plenty to deal with that. We made basis errors at the back. I would say that was one of the prime causes. 

Edited by EddardStark