Season 19/20 - Page 134 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 minute ago, Jim Beem said:

Good post. Is there not enough Rangers fans of the opinion that Traynor is a total embarrassment ? Someone routinely coming out with such ridiculous and provocative stuff on behalf of my club,  I’d want them punted immediately. . 

Never liked the guy when he was at the Daily Record, and dont like him now. Most are probably neutral on him to be fair.

4 hours ago, Stu101 said:

not sure what age you are, but that would have been classed as rascism under the 1965 Act (apologies if you are in your 70's)

Anyway I doubt the guy has been charged because of that. It merely an example of what happened at the time, and obviously enough evidence exists the Crown thinks a court would convict (going on previous convictions, many of these have come from the home teams monitoring systems)

As I said before, there was a worse video at the time that was quickly taken down- so obviuosly more than a solitary video.

Much younger thankfully.

Never realised there was an another video, makes sense because is pointing out Morelos is an immigrant even racist?

4 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Much younger thankfully.

Never realised there was an another video, makes sense because is pointing out Morelos is an immigrant even racist?

I'd say calling him an immigrant im a derogatory manner would be classed as racist but I don't hear it from that video, and as for the other video that was "taken down", why would they take such a piece of evidence down? 

I heard the other one and it clearly says hun bastard. Which is factually correct and not racist. They're desperate for their own player to be racially abused. A bigger bunch of fucking weirdos you will not meet. 

9 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Agreed. And I wish our club would put half the effort into sorting out the issues in our support as they do with making statments.

Thats the problem. How are people meant to take any statement from rangers.seriously when rangers have the biggest problem with racism and sectarian singing? Its hard to take rangers moral stance seriously.

A 12 year old has been arrested for racially abusing morelos whilst thousands of grown men who should know better continue to spew racist and sectarian filth every week yet this somehow vindicates traynor and his pals at ibrox. Give me strength

If aberdeen issued statements like yesterday.id be embarrassed and lose even morw interest

9 hours ago, Stu101 said:

What for pointing out the law?

No I meant the law itself. None of the individual words used are racist but somehow together they become so. It seems very subjective. It is possible to be offensive without being racist but I suspect now that will interpreted as the same thing. Calling anyone a 'wee fucking anything' is going to give it an offensive tone but is it racist to use the word immigrant. I don't know... seems a bit OTT to me especially given the age of the boy, 12 years old, it is all bit ridiculous but hey ho welcome to Scotland.

13 hours ago, Debian said:

Perhaps there might be a bout of contrition and one or two may feel a pang of guilt now that the evidence some of them so loudly demanded is there in the form of this charge.

Strange entry. Is Traynor suggesting that if someone calls your support racist that you just sit back and accept it? Of course anyone would be asking for evidence to back it up. Thankfully, and not in the least bit surprising, the evidence isn't quite as severe and as widespread as was being suggested at the time.

Disappointing that a young person has been involved in this as you can only really pick up that sort of nonsense in so many places, however he is young enough to be educated on it. Thankfully his education on the wrongs of racism will not be coming at the hands of Rangers though.

42 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Only just read the full statement, they're actually inviting a 12 year old to one of their anti bigotry (no laughing at the back) courses before he's even been found guilty? They really are a truly despicable bunch. 

Did they invite the union bears after their section was closed for being scumbags?

13 hours ago, Debian said:

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/police-charge/

I believe that is what they call a headshot.  

You for real? It's an absolute riddy. 

Couldn't give you lot a red neck with a blow torch.

Lookin forward to hearing this new songbook Rangers have tomorrow night gjven the nonsense spouted in that statement. 

Pathetic. 

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

Only just read the full statement, they're actually inviting a 12 year old to one of their anti bigotry (no laughing at the back) courses before he's even been found guilty? They really are a truly despicable bunch. 

There's such a long waiting list that he'll actually be 60 by the time he goes.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Screenshot_20200211-081300_Chrome.jpg

Monday, 10 February 2020, 19:00

by Rangers Football Club

6.4K498

Now that the Police have charged an individual with racially abusing Alfredo Morelos at the Old Firm game on 29 December, it is necessary to state yet again that racist abuse, indeed abuse of any form, must never be condoned or dismissed.

The first thing to be made clear is that even though many others commented on the issue of abuse (racial and sectarian) directed towards Alfredo Morelos, Rangers had a duty of care not to say anything that might compromise a live Police Scotland investigation. What none of us should ever do, however, is dismiss, or trivialise abusive behaviour as too many media outlets, journalists, and pundits have done in this instance.

Perhaps there might be a bout of contrition and one or two may feel a pang of guilt now that the evidence some of them so loudly demanded is there in the form of this charge.

If enough of our media had been of a mind to treat the issue with the gravity required from the outset, as normally happens with these issues, there would have been none of the dismissive comments which have helped pollute social media, newspapers and broadcast platforms. Social media is, of course, largely lawless but some of the pieces written and broadcast around Alfredo Morelos in mainstream media were and remain disgraceful.

He has been described as a waster, a cheat, an angry brat and one columnist/pundit actually wrote that if you can’t take the vitriol you are in the wrong city. The implication seems to be that the fault lies not with those who choose racism and abuse, but with a young immigrant who chose to come to our country. This is a deeply disturbing attitude and that it was actually expressed in a national newspaper defies belief.

When a player is at the centre of an abuse claim he is treated with respect and sensitivity and given support. That is certainly the case in England, but not here and most certainly not with Alfredo Morelos, who is actually being demonised in many quarters of the media.

A number of factually incorrect stories have been written and published about Alfredo recently causing a great deal of stress and anxiety within his family at a time when his heavily-pregnant wife should be calm and relaxed.

A river of negative and hurtful attention has been flowing towards the Morelos family without thought or concern for the individuals involved and the way they have been treated is shameful. Especially vulgar is the manner in which claims of abuse, racist and sectarian, have been dismissed in some quarters – BBC Scotland in particular – where the overall situation has been mocked amid outrageous claims that Rangers were behind the leaking of certain stories. None of this shows our media and country in a good light.

Perhaps now some people will take a long and honest look at themselves and who knows, they might even apologise, but all of this serves only to make Rangers even more committed to our Everyone Anyone campaign. We will not stop or slow our efforts to make Ibrox a place open and welcoming to all.

Finally, Rangers would be more than happy to accommodate the young person involved in this latest incident on one of our courses designed to help people understand why racist and sectarian abuse is unacceptable. Indeed, if any of those journalists/pundits who got it so badly wrong would like to attend we’d also welcome and help them.

Does Jim Traynor actually believe his own press releases? The guy is a complete nut. 😄