Season 19/20 - Page 121 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

33 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Think about this ladies and gentleman. Griff gets suspended for his "so called" foot stamp. He then is handed a suspension. He is not playing for Celtic then. Scotland play israel in 7 weeks.  We need this lad playing and getting as much football as he can before these qualifiers.. Think about it. Morales got away with shite even worse, so to me it's fair. Now yees can rip me a new arse. 😉😉

So any player in the Scotland squad can do whatever the want wi nae repercussions, I look forward to McKenna going right thru broon, Griffiths etc next time we play them, bet you squeal like a stuck pig for a ban then.🖕

53 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

How the fuck has Griffiths got off with that one?!

I agree, it was nasty, should have been a red, but?? This is just a theory. Maybe the SFA is seeing Griff handed a suspension is not good for Scotlands upcoming playoff matches. Scotland need him. I'm sure Griff has been told he is fuckin lucky he did not walk or got a suspension. I dont know, just an opinion.. 

3 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

So any player in the Scotland squad can do whatever the want wi nae repercussions, I look forward to McKenna going right thru broon, Griffiths etc next time we play them, bet you squeal like a stuck pig for a ban then.🖕

It's all opinions on this board, I am free to share mine.. Thanks for the insults. Classy..

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I agree, it was nasty, should have been a red, but?? This is just a theory. Maybe the SFA is seeing Griff handed a suspension is not good for Scotlands upcoming playoff matches. Scotland need him. I'm sure Griff has been told he is fuckin lucky he did not walk or got a suspension. I dont know, just an opinion.. 

Scotland don’t need him. We’ve managed to get to the playoffs without him, why do we all of a sudden need him now?

Its yet another example of Glasgow players being treated differently from other players. 

The only issue here is that the fans of those 2 teams don’t want to see it. You’d be screaming for an attempted murder charge if it was Morelos. 

Just now, dandydunn said:

Scotland don’t need him. We’ve managed to get to the playoffs without him, why do we all of a sudden need him now?

Its yet another example of Glasgow players being treated differently from other players. 

The only issue here is that the fans of those 2 teams don’t want to see it. You’d be screaming for an attempted murder charge if it was Morelos. 

Like I said, I have no idea why there was no suspension. It's only  theory. Is it wrong? Yes. If Griff was fit, he would have played in all the qualifiers. To say we dont need him is ridiculous. But hey, your entitled to your opinion as am I. 

22 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Like I said, I have no idea why there was no suspension. It's only  theory. Is it wrong? Yes. If Griff was fit, he would have played in all the qualifiers. To say we dont need him is ridiculous. But hey, your entitled to your opinion as am I. 

He’s done nothing significant for Scotland apart from score 2 goals against England. To say we need him is just pure folly. 

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

He’s done nothing significant for Scotland apart from score 2 goals against England. To say we need him is just pure folly. 

Griff is playing well now, nearly a goal every mat h and he keeps getting better. Scotland will not create alot of clear chances these 2 matches, maybe israel, but Srbia or Norway forget it. Set pieces may be our best bet. I want anyone involved, its Griff. He has proved it at International level and Champions League level. He will ran at them all game, or maybe bring him on 2nd half. Just my opinion once again. Dont think Shankland or McBurnie has the bottle yet for this type of scenario. I hope I'm proved wrong.. Naisy is another option.. 

14 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Griff is playing well now, nearly a goal every mat h and he keeps getting better. Scotland will not create alot of clear chances these 2 matches, maybe israel, but Srbia or Norway forget it. Set pieces may be our best bet. I want anyone involved, its Griff. He has proved it at International level and Champions League level. He will ran at them all game, or maybe bring him on 2nd half. Just my opinion once again. Dont think Shankland or McBurnie has the bottle yet for this type of scenario. I hope I'm proved wrong.. Naisy is another option.. 

He’s scored a goal every 5 games in 8 years at international level. He’s proven nothing there whatsoever. 

Tend to agree with DD here Ramy.  If the best we can do is Griffiths then we are fucked.  What's that game you play over in Canada where bring someone on to take a penalty or what ever you call it over there?  Griffiths is a one trick pony.  IMO of course.  And should have been sent off for that stamp as u have agreed.  Lennon thinks otherwise but I see where he is coming from.  Backing his player.  Good psychology.  

6 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Tend to agree with DD here Ramy.  If the best we can do is Griffiths then we are fucked.  What's that game you play over in Canada where bring someone on to take a penalty or what ever you call it over there?  Griffiths is a one trick pony.  IMO of course.  And should have been sent off for that stamp as u have agreed.  Lennon thinks otherwise but I see where he is coming from.  Backing his player.  Good psychology.  

One trick pony???? Oh dear..

2 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

As opposed to all our other free scoring strikers?

Correct. None of them have proven anything. Which it makes it even more bizarre to state that we need Griffiths as he’s done the same as everyone else. The square root of fuck all. 

12 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

He’s scored a goal every 5 games in 8 years at international level. He’s proven nothing there whatsoever. 

We shall see who Clarke goes with. I have  confidence in Griff. He has a few pundits and critics to shut up. I'm in the know, trust me. He is only getting started.. 

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Correct. None of them have proven anything. Which it makes it even more bizarre to state that we need Griffiths as he’s done the same as everyone else. The square root of fuck all. 

I think you're letting your dislike of him cloud your judgement, he's a very handy striker to have in the team.

11 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

I think you're letting your dislike of him cloud your judgement, he's a very handy striker to have in the team.

I have no reason to dislike him. I just think the opinion of “we need him” is a bit silly, given how we’ve gotten this far without him. 

7 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So who would you go with and why? Back up your words. I honestly think you dislike Griff, and you sure as fuck hate Celtic...

I’d go with Griffiths, if he’s fit, as he could be the best option we’ve got right now. But I wouldnt rely on him to drag us through the playoffs as he’s never done that before on the international stage, despite your claims that he has already proven himself. 

So there you go, I’ve said who and why, so now you back up why he has proven himself there? 

I can’t wait to hear this one. 

Edit: I dislike every team that’s not Aberdeen, I’ve no idea why anyone would think I’ve got a soft spot or more dislike for some more than others. Everyone of them is out to stop my team, so I’ve no reason to like any of them. 

Edited by dandydunn