Season 19/20 - Page 105 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Derek Mcinnes(Aberdeen) 2019/20
is

Stuart McCall(Motherwell) 2014

Motherwell were utter dog shit to watch latterly, but were still grinding out results.

The one difference being Motherwell were over achieving for most of his tenure, whereas you could make a case Aberdeen had underachieved for 20+ years pre mcinnes and he’s only really got them where they should be, and now he’s struggling to even maintain that. It’s all very School of Walter Smith safety first...

22 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Hearts had a great win today. Sorry to take this thread off topic by talking about football. you can get back to your primary school arguments now, what a farce this board is, take it the mods have just given up

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Briliant win by the Jambos. Run along now and let us all enjoy.. ..  And grab a set of balls on  your way out...

14 hours ago, XB52 said:

Hearts had a great win today. Sorry to take this thread off topic by talking about football. you can get back to your primary school arguments now, what a farce this board is, take it the mods have just given up

Thought Naismith had a cracking game. Encouraging for March

25 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Rangers a bit toothless without Morelos?

Celtic seem to have goals across their team and on the bench.

Thats why they’ll win the league.

Our defence is still a concern and if Eduoard gets injured we could struggle in attack too. I make it probably about 60/40 in favour of us for the league but don't have a great deal of confidence in us at the moment

21 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Our defence is still a concern and if Eduoard gets injured we could struggle in attack too. I make it probably about 60/40 in favour of us for the league but don't have a great deal of confidence in us at the moment

From a selfish Scotland point of view I hope Eduoard gets injured pretty soon. Israel at home has Griffiths written all over it and if he plays and does well I think his ‘swagger’ could be an asset in the final. 

2 minutes ago, WCTA said:

From a selfish Scotland point of view I hope Eduoard gets injured pretty soon. Israel at home has Griffiths written all over it and if he plays and does well I think his ‘swagger’ could be an asset in the final. 

He started both up front in the previous two games, and they linked up pretty well, then went back to one up front on Saturday. I'd like to see two of them together more. 

59 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Rangers a bit toothless without Morelos?

Celtic seem to have goals across their team and on the bench.

Thats why they’ll win the league.

Definitely.  And not unexpectedly Defoe seems to have lost half a yard of pace.  In fact our whole team looked quite leggy yesterday.  We could do with getting some goals from someone other than Morelos but doubt that'll be in the shape of any new arrivals this window so the likes of Kent, Aribo and Arfield will need to up their games.  I think the remaining 2 OF games are going to be absolutely critical in deciding the title.  In saying that, I've got a bad feeling about Pittodrie at the weekend....

55 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

He started both up front in the previous two games, and they linked up pretty well, then went back to one up front on Saturday. I'd like to see two of them together more. 

There is no scenario in which I ever wish to see the two on the pitch at the same time again. Griffith's may well prove to be decent for the run in terms of coming on and scoring the odd goal but I've seen nothing from him in the last three games that suggests he should be in our long term plans. It would also mean dropping Christie, Ntcham, Rogic, Johnson or Forrest to accommodate Griffiths, all of whom are better and far more important players for us.

I reckon on Saturday he had more touches taking corners and free kicks than he did in open play.

You're right regarding the defence and I think we're lacking some creativity at the minute bar Edouard. On Saturday, Bauer and Hayes just flung balls into the box to no one on a pretty regular basis, we struggle to create chances for long periods of games unless it's set pieces, which is all down to Lennon.

Edited by Mox

8 minutes ago, Mox said:

There is no scenario in which I ever wish to see the two on the pitch at the same time again. Griffith's may well prove to be decent for the run in terms of coming on and scoring the odd goal but I've seen nothing from him in the last three games that suggests he should be in our long term plans. It would also mean dropping Christie, Ntcham, Rogic, Johnson or Forrest to accommodate Griffiths, all of whom are better and far more important players for us.

I reckon on Saturday he had more touches taking corners and free kicks than he did in open play.

You're right regarding the defence and I think we're lacking some creativity at the minute bar Edouard. On Saturday, Bauer and Hayes just flung balls into the box to no one on a pretty regular basis, we struggle to create chances for long periods of games unless it's set pieces, which is all down to Lennon.

Forrest has been anonymous for months. I'd happily see him rested for a bit. Rogic is probably finished as well and Ntcham only turns up when he feels like it

27 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

That's actually his daughter haha.

Seen him on Saturday and my son asked why he was wearing a bagpipers hat- I didn't have answer for him other than "no idea"

What’s funny is he’s wearing a hat and hackle from the British army and the hackle is in the colours of those who fought against. 😂