Season 19/20 - Page 98 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

What's boyd said now? 

He was having a go at Griffiths playing record for Celtic. He said Griffiths had only "played 34 of last 135 league games for Celtic" and then mentioned something about what Rodgers said when he joined and suggested Griffiths was not pulling his weight.

For a start he has the numbers wrong, probably a simple mistake on his part. Griffiths has started 34 and played in 71 of last 135 league games. And there are pretty well known reasons why Griffiths hasn't played in more games. Which Boyd seems to have ignored. Which is daft because anyone who has seen the make up of the Celtic squad over the last 4 years knows that Griffiths would be in the match day squad if available. 

11 hours ago, macy37 said:

Fucking pathetic from you. Nothing wrong with the tackle? So now making no contact with the ball and assaulting players is fair game? As fair game as abusing players then greetin like a kid when they give it back. You’ve made a cunt of yourself Here.

I don't know what game you were watching you thicko but he took the ball. Took the player too after it  but won the ball.

Now back to your Daily Mail comment section and write some abuse to a lesbian or something you bellend.

pic.twitter.com/i1W44LOvn8

Where does that big haddie get the ball btw?

Boyd is a retard, of that there’s no doubt, but if he is telling a guy with mental health issues to man up, then he is a disgrace and should be sacked.

Did his brother not commit suicide a while back? You’d think he would be less of a cunt after something like that. 

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I was shocked Griffiths had apparently played so few league games. Is it league starts Boyd is quoting or just complete made up nonsense?

I always felt Boyd was at his best when he was trying to prove someone wrong. He had a great run after he chucked Scotland, he’d have probably got a few more caps if he’d shown the same commitment before he chucked it as he did for a spell after. Which made his comments a bit hypocritical other than the other obvious problems with it.

Given that Boyd comes across as thick as mince, I'm willing to gamble on made up nonsense.

Just look at this threadLast posts have all been about Boyd and he is mentioned on here time and time again.  He is cuntroversial (there's a new word for the board) like Sutton.  Both doing their jobs and making good money then.  The more they are cuntroversial, the more people complain about them and the viewing figures...………… Need I say mair?

24 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

He's the Rangers version of Sutton. Both are idiots who should be nowhere near a panel of a game.

Lazy comparison. Sutton has been excellent in talking the game up since he stated and you can tell puts in the work with what he's talking about. If Kris Boyd told me it was April then I'd still check my calendar.

Sutton is obviously easily dislikeable for some given the fact he's clearly pro-Celtic, however is still miles more qualified to talk about a game of football compared to Boyd.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

What's boyd said now? 

Griffiths appeared to be aiming a “shoosh” gesture at Boyd after his goal, as Boyd had said something a few weeks ago. Along the lines of Griffiths having 4 weeks to save his Celtic career, which is a fair comment I think. Griffiths has grabbed his opportunity with both hands and can understand why he’d want to GIRU Boyd.

Boyds rant in response was very ironic, given despite all the records he broke, he could undoubtedly have made more of his ability, but appeared happy to be a big fish in a small pond and never kicked on to the next level. (Apparently he scored the same amount of goals in old firm games as Lee Naylor, El Kadouri or Ugo Ehiogu 😂 ).

His twisted stats and ignorance to Griffiths off field issues also show him up as a hypocrite. It seems that old firm one upmanship is more important to Boyd than anything else. Otherwise I’d have expected him to have empathy And support for Griffiths.

1 minute ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Lazy comparison. Sutton has been excellent in talking the game up since he stated and you can tell puts in the work with what he's talking about. If Kris Boyd told me it was April then I'd still check my calendar.

Sutton is obviously easily dislikeable for some given the fact he's clearly pro-Celtic, however is still miles more qualified to talk about a game of football compared to Boyd.

I don't think its lazy. Sutton along with Hartson do become celtic cheer leaders like Mccann and Boyd are with Rangers. The only difference between Sutton and the rest is he does like and stick up for scottish football. 

Boyd on the other hand would belittle the game and fellow professionals. Boyd is nothing more than a mouth piece looking for a reaction, he got his name in the papers again so its job done as far as he is concerned. The only reason he gets a job as a pundit with sky is because he played for rangers and he is controversial. I reckon he is too thick to understand the irony of him commenting on a players work ethic. 

2 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

He basically, in a long winded way, said that Griffiths needs to man up.

Bit worrying that someone who runs a mental health charity would do that.

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

He was having a go at Griffiths playing record for Celtic. He said Griffiths had only "played 34 of last 135 league games for Celtic" and then mentioned something about what Rodgers said when he joined and suggested Griffiths was not pulling his weight.

For a start he has the numbers wrong, probably a simple mistake on his part. Griffiths has started 34 and played in 71 of last 135 league games. And there are pretty well known reasons why Griffiths hasn't played in more games. Which Boyd seems to have ignored. Which is daft because anyone who has seen the make up of the Celtic squad over the last 4 years knows that Griffiths would be in the match day squad if available. 

Just another day in the old firm circus, I guess they needed some drama since Morelos isn't around to play the victim

I’ve also come round to Sutton, yes he rubs people up the wrong way, but he genuinely tries to big up the Scottish game, even when he’s doing English stuff like BTs Saturday afternoon results show.

Apparently Sutton has always been a wind up merchant, I think most folk have learned how to take him, it’s all a bit of panto.

15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Just another day in the old firm circus, I guess they needed some drama since Morelos isn't around to play the victim

They’re a strange breed the old firm fan, permanently raging at everyone and everything.

Your old firm twitter snowflakes tagging every mental health charity, the police, CSI Vegas and Tom English into their rants like a school kid telling the teacher. 😂

17 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

They’re a strange breed the old firm fan, permanently raging at everyone and everything.

Your old firm twitter snowflakes tagging every mental health charity, the police, CSI Vegas and Tom English into their rants like a school kid telling the teacher. 😂

How fucking dare you.