Season 19/20 - Page 97 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

11 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Tim is in no way related to religion. Same as hun. The difference is that huns like to pretend it is

Agree with you regarding hun.

Tim however was used as a substitute for catholic. Back then People would ask ‘are you a Billy or a Tim?’ Due the frequency of those names in the respective groups. 

No one cares about it though so it is irrelevant but Tim is technically a bit dodgy while hun is one hundred percent not.

10 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Tim however was used as a substitute for catholic. Back then People would ask ‘are you a Billy or a Tim?’ Due the frequency of those names in the respective groups. 

No one cares about it though so it is irrelevant but Tim is technically a bit dodgy while hun is one hundred percent not.

I see what you mean and have heard that in the past too, and also about the origin it coming from a gang in Royston/Garngad, but I should have specified that I've only ever known it to mean Celtic fan in nearly 30 years of going to the games.  Like someone else said, I've never heard a catholic Killie or Morton fan called a Tim.

First time I ever heard the song in 1993 I asked my Dad what It meant and he told me it was rhyming slang for Bhoys so I've just stuck with that tbh

Edited by Terry Munro

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

I see what you mean and have heard that in the past too, and also about the origin it coming from a gang in Royston/Garngad, but I should have specified that I've only ever known it to mean Celtic fan in nearly 30 years of going to the games.  Like someone else said, I've never heard a catholic Killie or Morton fan called a Tim.

First time I ever heard the song in 1993 I asked my Dad what It meant and he told me it was rhyming slang for Bhoys so I've just stuck with that tbh

I thought Tim was in reference to the old Jungle i.e a Jungle Jim.  What do I know.  People can call me a hun or any name.  

Edit.  Excep[ Big Ron.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Tim is from Tim Malloys - a Catholic gang from Calton

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Exactly this - I've never referred to myself as being a tim, nether has any other catholic I know who supports anyone other than Celtic.

Know folk growing up who support Killie, Aberdeen, Ayr, Morton  etc who were brought up RC and none of them are Tims and never heard anyone refer to them as Tims!

I know fine well what it is. It was more to do with that eejit Macy trying to insinuate you had some anti-Celtic agenda. 

11 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Haha, given that your captain does that every single game and gets away with it, I find that rich.

Fuck all wrong with the tackle on Fringpong.

Better team won but the crocodile tears from Celtic fans about their player getting crocked in a 50/50 is hilarious.

Never heard much mentioned about this tackle last season which never even got a card. Couldn't give the cunts a red neck with a blow torch. Thankfully the sensible Celtic fans I know admitted last night the tackle, whist hard, was fair.

Image result for scott brown tackle greg taylor

Fucking pathetic from you. Nothing wrong with the tackle? So now making no contact with the ball and assaulting players is fair game? As fair game as abusing players then greetin like a kid when they give it back. You’ve made a cunt of yourself Here.

14 hours ago, macy37 said:

And by the way Kris Boyd is a cunt.

I was shocked Griffiths had apparently played so few league games. Is it league starts Boyd is quoting or just complete made up nonsense?

I always felt Boyd was at his best when he was trying to prove someone wrong. He had a great run after he chucked Scotland, he’d have probably got a few more caps if he’d shown the same commitment before he chucked it as he did for a spell after. Which made his comments a bit hypocritical other than the other obvious problems with it.

Edited by sbcmfc

9 hours ago, macy37 said:

Fucking pathetic from you. Nothing wrong with the tackle? So now making no contact with the ball and assaulting players is fair game? As fair game as abusing players then greetin like a kid when they give it back. You’ve made a cunt of yourself Here.

Hahahahahaha poor Macy 😂😂😂

7 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I was shocked Griffiths had apparently played so few league games. Is it league starts Boyd is quoting or just complete made up nonsense?

I always felt Boyd was at his best when he was trying to prove someone wrong. He had a great run after he chucked Scotland, he’d have probably got a few more caps if he’d shown the same commitment before he chucked it as he did for a spell after. Which made his comments a bit hypocritical other than the other obvious problems with it.

What's boyd said now?