Season 19/20 - Page 88 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 minute ago, Stu101 said:

Maybe you should be a ref then. At least you spotted it :ok:

Thought it was pretty obvious at the time. Both Rangers players between Clancy and the ball raise their hands straight away. Clancy is looking right at it.

Allan McGregor appeals for everything and he didn’t notice.

😜

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I must’ve been in the minority. I can certainly see how the ref couldn’t be sure at full speed, which does back your case for VAR.

My point on Helander is that we are being sold the image of 3 Celtic players in a line a yard plus ahead of the last defender, which is not the case. This was a marginal decision, which the officials got wrong, not a “baffling decision”.

So both instances would make a case for VAR. I’m not saying they don’t. I’m questioning the whole tone and content of Rangers latest statement.

I was at the game and I'll be honest it was more blind faith thinking armbit within minutes I had messages.  The ref from images I seen had a perfect view. 

As for the final, I could see Helander but still seen offside. There was still 3 players offside from all Images i seen.  Even if it was one, as there was definitively, it is still a decision Var gets right.  

I actually believe that it is a political way to influence refs but also knowing they wont stump up for it hencing refs now influencing us.  Which is bullshit

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

Allan McGregor appeals for everything and he didn’t notice.

😜

Goldson and Katic have their hands up straight away. Not sure on McGregors view- havent seen any photos from behind the goal.

Anyway, not like the previous seasons rules where if its not intentional, the goal would have stood. If it plays his arm at all, it cant stand. Simple physics tells you it must have played his arm- otherwise why does the ball go in that direction?

Its just poor refereeing, from a referee that is consistantly below standard.

On the plus side it didn’t ultimately affect the outcome of the match.

I’m not convinced Rangers want VAR, they just want to appease their support by loosely suggesting they’re being victimised as a couple of decisions have been given against them.

7 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Maybe you should be a ref then. At least you spotted it :ok:

Thought it was pretty obvious at the time. Both Rangers players between Clancy and the ball raise their hands straight away. Clancy is looking right at it.

Defenders raising their hands means nothing, they do it even when the player isnt offside. 

It's a marginal decision not an obvious one IMO. A still photograph doesnt make it an obvious decision. 

I'm with sbcmfc here. Rangers are pandering again  nothing more. In saying that, I say bring in VAR if its affordable to all clubs in our top tier, it would create drama beyond what we see already. Crayola would make a fortune with the amount of statements traynor would write. 

As for the racist stuff, where is this video and is it morelos doing the accusing? 

Edited by vanderark14

9 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Goldson and Katic have their hands up straight away. Not sure on McGregors view- havent seen any photos from behind the goal.

Anyway, not like the previous seasons rules where if its not intentional, the goal would have stood. If it plays his arm at all, it cant stand. Simple physics tells you it must have played his arm- otherwise why does the ball go in that direction?

Its just poor refereeing, from a referee that is consistantly below standard.

I’m sorry but why does “simple physics” tell you it had to be off his arm? Why can’t it come of his hip or his side or some other part in the middle of his body? He’s slightly ran across the path of the ball. Any deflection of him is going to deflect the ball in the direction it went.

We all know it was of his arm, now. After having the chance to see replays of it. Rangers seem to be heading down the road of implying it was the worst and most obvious error ever made in an OF game. I wonder why that is?

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Slippy G’s got all the answers to Scotland’s football ills, pity he wasn’t so vocal about some of the major ones which his club if not encourage certainly don’t try to cure. Well said Mcinnes 👍

You still wet the bed, don't you. 

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Well manager charged with assaulting a woman. If found guilty surely they’ll be looking for a new gaffer? Nobody wishes to employ a wife beater. 

I would think he might fall on his sword IF found guilty.

Not a good look for a family club.

All a bit inconvenient if I’m honest. 😬

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

Well manager charged with assaulting a woman. If found guilty surely they’ll be looking for a new gaffer? Nobody wishes to employ a wife beater. 

I'd have thought nobody would want to employ folk who threatened to knife their bit on the side either but you just never know, the world is a strange place but aye, I think he'd have to be punted. 

Edited by Farcity

23 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Do you know if he is still with his partner? 

I presumed so, but don’t know.

Pure speculation on my part, but it sounds like he was restraining her rather than assaulting her.

Did Robinson not get in a fight in a taxi on the M74 a couple of years back? Or have I mixed him up? Can’t find the story.

Was Scott Leitch who left “by mutual consent” shortly after.

Craigan also left under similar circumstances.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2005336/motherwells-scott-leitch-departs-weeks-after-admitting-heated-barny-with-cabbie/

Edited by sbcmfc

4 hours ago, Farcity said:

I'd have thought nobody would want to employ folk who threatened to knife their bit on the side either but you just never know, the world is a strange place but aye, I think he'd have to be punted. 

Who was convicted of such a thing? I'd have thought that would be big news.

2 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

Who was convicted of such a thing? I'd have thought that would be big news.

There was no such mention of any conviction was there? Big news, well the story I refer to was pretty big news, certainly in all the leading tabloids. 

I believe everything I read in the papers me. 

9 minutes ago, Farcity said:

There was no such mention of any conviction was there? Big news, well the story I refer to was pretty big news, certainly in all the leading tabloids. 

I believe everything I read in the papers me. 

YouTube or it didny happen. 👍🏻😜