Season 19/20 - Page 87 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

58 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

I’d happily have taken a draw before kick off yesterday, but so bad were Aberdeen (Cosgrove really is vital to their hoof ball) that it felt like two points dropped in the end. Hearts are still a mess, and it will be a struggle for the rest of the season, but a relatively young team played some nice stuff at times. 

Irving impressed me - Motm too I think?

I think Rangers will go on to win the league now. From what I saw of them that is two games in a row Celtic have been dominated, the Huns must still be wondering how they lost that cup final. The Celtic board seem to be almost laying down for them with the appointment of Lennon. The difference in hunger levels must be astronomical at this point. Celtic need to change something and quick. If they stumble at all now I doubt they will ever get their noses in front again. 

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

I think Rangers will go on to win the league now. From what I saw of them that is two games in a row Celtic have been dominated, the Huns must still be wondering how they lost that cup final. The Celtic board seem to be almost laying down for them with the appointment of Lennon. The difference in hunger levels must be astronomical at this point. Celtic need to change something and quick. If they stumble at all now I doubt they will ever get their noses in front again. 

I’d go as far as saying unless Celtic sack Lennon  before the window closes and appoint  a top ( or at least good)  manager,  Rangers will definitely  win the league 

24 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Statement from Rangers....

😂😂😂

”See, we don’t only complain when we lose”

https://rng.rs/2sm6kKB

Three players offside  

Clearly offside (ignoring hidden Helander)  

Alfredo Morelos victimisation

Sporting integrity

Referee apology

Why do you care sooo much about the Rangers?  It's touching in a kinda way mind.

48 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Statement from Rangers....

😂😂😂

”See, we don’t only complain when we lose”

https://rng.rs/2sm6kKB

Three players offside  

Clearly offside (ignoring hidden Helander)  

Alfredo Morelos victimisation

Sporting integrity

Referee apology

I don't see it as a bad thing.  VAR is desperately needed and will come in.

Some of the decisions have been baffling in the OF games alone. Remember, Celtic managed to cause a referees strike all those years ago. Referees need assistance to ensure all clubs are on a level playing field.  Just think of the 50/50s thatgo against Well, this corrects them.  

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

I’d go as far as saying unless Celtic sack Lennon  before the window closes and appoint  a top ( or at least good)  manager,  Rangers will definitely  win the league 

Celtic will strengthen a great deal in the window, rangers on the other hand are trying to clear out Deadwood before even looking at anyone. I think this window will be key and if rangers don't add better cover then we will drop points when injuries, suspension, games, etc mount up. A few injuries and we have Flannigan at rb, Haliday at lb, Ojo and Barker in the wide areas, if that happens in any of our big games we would massively struggle.

2 hours ago, Debian said:

I don't see it as a bad thing.  VAR is desperately needed and will come in.

Some of the decisions have been baffling in the OF games alone. Remember, Celtic managed to cause a referees strike all those years ago. Referees need assistance to ensure all clubs are on a level playing field.  Just think of the 50/50s thatgo against Well, this corrects them.  

The “baffling decisions” include a marginal offside. The “3 players clearly offside” line is a fallacy, but Rangers fans have stomped their feet enough that it’s now become fact. One player was fractionally offside.

ELVyD3aXsAAs6Gm.jpeg

Yes, VAR would likely have disallowed both goals. So Rangers have had 2 big decisions go against them in recent weeks.

I think VAR would be an absolute cluster fuck if we got it in Scotland. It’s horrendous in England. It would see officials bottle big decisions, and then cut to VAR, which would be like your teacher at school trying to play a VHS on a TV they’d wheeled in. I’m for a form of VAR that only looks at absolute howlers, but once you have the facility, you’re going to use it.

9 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The “baffling decisions” include a marginal offside. The “3 players clearly offside” line is a fallacy, but Rangers fans have stomped their feet enough that it’s now become fact. One player was fractionally offside.

ELVyD3aXsAAs6Gm.jpeg

Yes, VAR would likely have disallowed both goals. So Rangers have had 2 big decisions go against them in recent weeks.

I think VAR would be an absolute cluster fuck if we got it in Scotland. It’s horrendous in England. It would see officials bottle big decisions, and then cut to VAR, which would be like your teacher at school trying to play a VHS on a TV they’d wheeled in. I’m for a form of VAR that only looks at absolute howlers, but once you have the facility, you’re going to use it.

So, proves my point.  They'd be disallowed.  

VAR is only shit in England because refs are afraid to use the sideline monitor.  It works well in Germany.  I've been to a few games over there and then are quicker and better at it. 

36 minutes ago, Debian said:

So, proves my point.  They'd be disallowed.  

VAR is only shit in England because refs are afraid to use the sideline monitor.  It works well in Germany.  I've been to a few games over there and then are quicker and better at it. 

I think it also proves my point.

Rangers are pandering to the staunch Rangers da’s that want the club to “show some balls” neither of these were baffling decisions. Remove Helander from the cup final one (as Rangers and fans are happy to do) and you’ve maybe got a case.

Was it the 3rd replay you noticed the ball hit Edouard on the arm?

So yes, VAR would’ve corrected these decisions (and possibly ruled a retake on Morelos penalty at hampden).

I don’t for a second believe Rangers are interested in VAR for the greater good, they are sending a message like all their other snotty statements.

I have zero confidence it could be applied consistently or effectively in Scotland, and the cost is restrictive. We have games in this league where the officials would outnumber the travelling support. You’re talking thousands of pounds per game, on top of the initial costs which would run into millions. Are Rangers stumping up the cash to install it at Fir Park, Livi, Hamilton....

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I think it also proves my point.

Rangers are pandering to the staunch Rangers da’s that want the club to “show some balls” neither of these were baffling decisions. Remove Helander from the cup final one (as Rangers and fans are happy to do) and you’ve maybe got a case.

So yes, VAR would’ve corrected these decisions (and possibly ruled a retake on Morelos penalty at hampden).

I don’t for a second believe Rangers are interested in VAR for the greater good, they are sending a message like all their other snotty statements.

I have zero confidence it could be applied consistently or effectively in Scotland, and the cost is restrictive. We have games in this league where the officials would outnumber the travelling support. You’re talking thousands of pounds per game, on top of the initial costs which would run into millions. Are Rangers stumping up the cash to install it at Fir Park, Livi, Hamilton....

No, literally most people saw it hit his hand yesterday.  

Even including Helander, he was offside. 

Why should rangers stump up to install. Uefa have already funded it all around Europe and find ongoing software costs.  The additional costs weekly are for 3 x VAR refs. Based on the SFA costs that works out at £1.5k a game.  

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Maybe you should be a ref then. At least you spotted it :ok:

Thought it was pretty obvious at the time. Both Rangers players between Clancy and the ball raise their hands straight away. Clancy is looking right at it.

10 minutes ago, Debian said:

No, literally most people saw it hit his hand yesterday.  

Even including Helander, he was offside. 

I must’ve been in the minority. I can certainly see how the ref couldn’t be sure at full speed, which does back your case for VAR.

My point on Helander is that we are being sold the image of 3 Celtic players in a line a yard plus ahead of the last defender, which is not the case. This was a marginal decision, which the officials got wrong, not a “baffling decision”.

So both instances would make a case for VAR. I’m not saying they don’t. I’m questioning the whole tone and content of Rangers latest statement.

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

I expect Rangers to be down to 10 men every week, assuming that Morelos is actually punished as he should be, and not treated leniently as he is currently. RFC really are utterly pathetic, they are a disgrace to Scotland. 

You're actually disabled.