Season 19/20 - Page 82 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

23 minutes ago, Farcity said:

Are you seriously suggesting there was excessive force in that challenge?

No I’m not, as I haven’t yet seen it.

I am making the point that it is unfair to call a reporter a cock simply because he referred to the speed and force of the challenge and that to suggest these factors are irrelevant is plainly incorrect.

I'm talking generically and saying that speed and force are very much relevant.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

3 minutes ago, WCTA said:

The ball was fairly won. The ref has reached for the red straight away due to the reaction of a baying crowd. 

Possibly and as long as the tackle was made and the ball won without using excessive force then it would be wrong to send him off. If however excessive force was used then whether he wins the ball or not is irrelevant and the red would be correct.

I haven’t yet seen it so cannot comment on this actual challenge. But the reporter would not be wrong to refer to speed and force (assuming he believes they were excessive) yet you seem to suggest that these factors aren’t relevant. They very much are.

2 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Possibly and as long as the tackle was made and the ball won without using excessive force then it would be wrong to send him off. If however excessive force was used then whether he wins the ball or not is irrelevant and the red would be correct.

I haven’t yet seen it so cannot comment on this actual challenge. But the reporter would not be wrong to refer to speed and force (assuming he believes they were excessive) yet you seem to suggest that these factors aren’t relevant. They very much are.

I have seen it. The ball was absolutely fairly won. Clue is in the word fairly. To win it with excessive force would be unfairly, yes?

8 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

I am making the point that it is unfair to call a reporter a cock simply because he referred to the speed and force of the challenge and that to suggest these factors are irrelevant is plainly incorrect.

But if the ball is won fairly(pay attention to the fairly part) then how can someone then say speed and force were what got him sent off? That makes no sense. 💁‍♂️

The reporter is a cock because as has been seen a gazillion times, the media decide something needs to go pro Old-Firm in every bloody report going. 

42 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Well done the Celtic, fully deserved 3 points..

14 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I was Bagpiping a funeral this morning, so did not see the match, was there some controversy? DandyDunn no happy, whit happened?

Make your mind up 😂

39 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

But in this case the reporter has seen the incident and he is, frankly, wrong. There was not excessive force by any stretch if the imagination. So calling him a cock is valid in this case. 

WCTA appeal - Upheld. 

13 minutes ago, Farcity said:

But in this case the reporter has seen the incident and he is, frankly, wrong. There was not excessive force by any stretch if the imagination. So calling him a cock is valid in this case. 

WCTA appeal - Upheld. 

If that is the case then you can call him a cock for being wrong about the amount of speed and force. But to suggest speed and force are irrelevant is nuts.

13 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

If that is the case then you can call him a cock for being wrong about the amount of speed and force. But to suggest speed and force are irrelevant is nuts.

Okay dokey. The reporter is a cock for being incorrect. The referee is also a cock for being incorrect.