Season 19/20 - Page 79 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

18 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

It's genuinely embarrassing that pitch being in the top flight. I've played on better amateur pitches.

Anyway, always good to take 3 points off them. 2 goals going on 4 or 5.

We could have absolutely spanked that lot on that gluepot pitch last night and without hitting 2nd gear. On the debit side Griff still looks miles off it 😕

Not that I'm doubting a fans perspective on their own teams performance but the stats indicate a tight game

52% possession to hearts

12 shots hearts and 13 to celtic

Edited by vanderark14

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

We could have absolutely spanked that lot on that gluepot pitch last night and without hitting 2nd gear. On the debit side Griff still looks miles off it 😕

How long did griffiths get? 

At this point it's very hard to see him playing in the playoff against israel

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Not that I'm doubting a fans perspective on their own teams performance but the stats indicate a tight game

52% possession to hearts

In the brief spell we clicked we could have scored about 5 😀

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

He only got about 15 mins to be fair, hopefully see a bit more of him over the next few games 👍

Edited by slasher

58 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

52% possession to hearts

One of those games where stats don't give a true reflection.

Hearts were a bit fired up for first 20-25 mins and made it difficult for Celtic. Celtic went 1-0 and then quickly 2-0 and that was it as a contest. A heavy touch from Edouard and a poor finish from Forrest were all that stopped it being 4-0 HT. In the 20 before HT and 20 after it Celtic cut Hearts open at will. McGregor failed to finish a great chance second half and there was a couple that on another day Edouard would have finished easily. Hearts had a wee flurry in the closing 10 mins but nothing to really worry about. As others have said, if that had finished 5-0 it wouldn't have been unexpected. 

I watched Kelty Hearts beat Vale of Leithen 11-0 on Saturday. It was a mismatch both physically and footballing ability wise. Last night reminded me of the weekend. Hearts seemed to be unable to do the basics, such as pass the ball to each other, consistently. Celtic, especially in about the 40 min spell in the middle of the match, took the ball off Hearts when they wanted to. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Too long, he's absolutely rotten. He's been a cheerleader and nothing more for about two years. I know it's difficult given his own issues, but you've got to be ruthless, let him go wherever he wants for no fee and let him try and enjoy his football elsewhere.

49 minutes ago, Mox said:

Too long, he's absolutely rotten. He's been a cheerleader and nothing more for about two years. I know it's difficult given his own issues, but you've got to be ruthless, let him go wherever he wants for no fee and let him try and enjoy his football elsewhere.

That's a bit harsh, lennon and the coaching staff at celtic must see something in training to keep him on the bench. 

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

That's a bit harsh, lennon and the coaching staff at celtic must see something in training to keep him on the bench. 

Never even made the bench in the final, with Eduard about 50% fit at most and Morgan up top himself.

There is zero chance of Griffiths playing (or being in the squad I think) against Israel.

3 hours ago, slasher said:

In the brief spell we clicked we could have scored about 5 😀

He only got about 15 mins to be fair, hopefully see a bit more of him over the next few games 👍

We were the better team for the first 20 odd minutes and the last 20. Never really looked like scoring though but a much better performance then the last few weeks. Much more important game on Saturday

23 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It’s hard to tell what’s going on with Griffiths? Is he physically fit? At least as far as not injured, rather than match fit? His come back seems s bit stop start...

Bring him home! Not a fan of ex players returning to the Hibernians but this is of national importance. We can't be going into the play offs with a half fit Naismith as our only option up front

39 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Bring him home! Not a fan of ex players returning to the Hibernians but this is of national importance. We can't be going into the play offs with a half fit Naismith as our only option up front

He’s half fit on a good week....

15 hours ago, macy37 said:

Griffiths will be gone in January. 

He won't be going anywhere until we get at least another forward or two in.

Bayo looks worse every time I see him and Édouard will probably be away in the summer as the rich clubs of Europe look for quality forwards they can get fairly cheaply.

There is no way we can let Griffiths go unless we have some quality replacements coming in.  

On 12/18/2019 at 7:53 PM, dan cake said:

Why are the hertz fans dressed as seats?

Love when a post comes back to haunt you. At least it will be easy for the polis to catch the bottle throwers, about the only two hibs fans left in the stadium