Season 19/20 - Page 73 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I doubt this will change your mind on mcinnes and I'm not actually trying to but I got sent this tonight.

we are 4 points better off at this stage than the 16/17 season when we had mclean jack hayes rooney shinnie and maddison in the team. Mental. Despite the poor performances we still have more points at this stage of the season compared to any other under mcinnes. 

IMO he should have one more cup in the trophy cabinet, there was one scottish cup final where I felt we should have won it. 

I wont shed tears if he left but I'm not going to he jumping for joy either. Theres a few fans on the forums who hate him and cant wait to get rid of him, I'm not really seeing the need for that level of hatred.........yet 😂😂

I look at the wider angle of a manager, the stubbornness, the shambolic tactics, the poor record in the transfer market, the way he tells us he has great youngsters and never plays them. His time was up a long time ago, Wednesday was a perfect example of letting the players go and play football, but he won’t always allow that to happen. 

We played 2 up top at home to Kilmarnock and murdered them, after that, we’re playing 1 up top, dropping points to St Johnstone and struggling to beat St Mirren. 

He keeps harping on about being 4 points better off, but being 3rd in the league and aiming no higher is no success in my eyes, it’s a losers mentality. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

I look at the wider angle of a manager, the stubbornness, the shambolic tactics, the poor record in the transfer market, the way he tells us he has great youngsters and never plays them. His time was up a long time ago, Wednesday was a perfect example of letting the players go and play football, but he won’t always allow that to happen. 

We played 2 up top at home to Kilmarnock and murdered them, after that, we’re playing 1 up top, dropping points to St Johnstone and struggling to beat St Mirren. 

He keeps harping on about being 4 points better off, but being 3rd in the league and aiming no higher is no success in my eyes, it’s a losers mentality. 

Ok 😂😂😂

30 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Ok 😂😂😂

Which part is wrong? Or is it just that you’re happy to start safe in the knowledge that we won’t win it, but we won’t be relegated. It’s all I can assume as you can’t ever seem to come up with any decent counters apart from emojis. 

15 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Which part is wrong? Or is it just that you’re happy to start safe in the knowledge that we won’t win it, but we won’t be relegated. It’s all I can assume as you can’t ever seem to come up with any decent counters apart from emojis. 

You seem to be so certain we can do better? What is better in your mind? And how would it be achieved  

He has had some poor signings but also a some good signings, I've yet to encounter a manager who has a perfect record or even a close to being perfect transfer record. To use someone you used as an example recently, fergie made some absolutely honking signings. Hes had to replace players every season on a similar budget whilst rangers and celtic have upped the spending and wages rise in england. 

I'd be interested to know what you see as success? For what its worth I've already said in here that mcinnes should have at least one more trophy in the bag IMO.

Edited by vanderark14

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

You seem to be so certain we can do better? What is better in your mind? And how would it be achieved  

He has had some poor signings but also a some good signings, I've yet to encounter a manager who has a perfect record or even a close to being perfect transfer record. To use someone you used as an example recently, fergie made some absolutely honking signings. Hes had to replace players every season on a similar budget whilst rangers and celtic have upped the spending and wages rise in england. 

I'd be interested to know what you see as success? For what its worth I've already said in here that mcinnes should have at least one more trophy in the bag IMO.

Success would be striving to be the best that you can be, coming out before a ball has been kicked and saying 3rd is the target is ridiculous. I can imagine my gaffers reaction if I said to him, “well I’ll do my best to rewire this house, but Ryan is a better sparky than me, so it won’t be great”, I would be out the door before my feet could touch the ground. 

Ive never said he should have a perfect record in the transfer market, but his bad signings far outweigh his good ones. 

He shits it every other week and it’s ridiculous we’re playing the formations that we are, everyone and their dog knows we can’t play 3 at the back, for that to be effective, you need a minimum of 2 good centre halves, we don’t have any, yet he still persists with it over the years. 

October/November time is usually the time he trots out the night sense that he doesn’t yet know his best team, why the fuck not, there’s 1/3rd of the season already gone. 

Him and his negativity are the reason that he hasn't won more trophies, nothing else. 

13 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Success would be striving to be the best that you can be, coming out before a ball has been kicked and saying 3rd is the target is ridiculous. I can imagine my gaffers reaction if I said to him, “well I’ll do my best to rewire this house, but Ryan is a better sparky than me, so it won’t be great”, I would be out the door before my feet could touch the ground. 

Ive never said he should have a perfect record in the transfer market, but his bad signings far outweigh his good ones. 

He shits it every other week and it’s ridiculous we’re playing the formations that we are, everyone and their dog knows we can’t play 3 at the back, for that to be effective, you need a minimum of 2 good centre halves, we don’t have any, yet he still persists with it over the years. 

October/November time is usually the time he trots out the night sense that he doesn’t yet know his best team, why the fuck not, there’s 1/3rd of the season already gone. 

Him and his negativity are the reason that he hasn't won more trophies, nothing else. 

Aberdeens target every year is 3rd, that doesnt mean they and mcinnes aren't striving to beat that target.

I never said you said he should have a perfect record in the market. I've pointed out the conditions he is up against and that many managers fail with transfers including the best. I doubt theres much in scotland whove seen the majority of a managers signings turn out to be successful.

I agree with your regarding 3 at the back, it doeant work with Aberdeen. What formation and tactics would you employ? 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Aberdeens target every year is 3rd, that doesnt mean they and mcinnes aren't striving to beat that target.

I never said you said he should have a perfect record in the market. I've pointed out the conditions he is up against and that many managers fail with transfers including the best. I doubt theres much in scotland whove seen the majority of a managers signings turn out to be successful.

I agree with your regarding 3 at the back, it doeant work with Aberdeen. What formation and tactics would you employ? 

Mcinnes states in the press every year that we can’t get any better than 3rd, the target should be for the treble every year. I’m the 10-12 golf competitions I enter every year, my aim is to win them, despite there being much better players ahead of me. 

I would play 4-4-2, it was a good enough formation for 100+ years, I have no idea why that has changed now, albeit being a world football problem, not one exclusively to Aberdeen. With the so called weaker teams, I would be playing a high press, don’t let them get time on the ball, make them play it, especially at home. Many teams come to pittodrie and dictate the pace of the game and we try to hit them on the break, that’s just ridiculous. 

6 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I get your first point.

Don't really get the 2nd bit? Is it the bad ones that go to the games? Or is it the bad ones that are vile angry bams online? Or both? Or neither? 😂

The 2nd bit wasn't really linked to the first bit. I was just pointing out that only 45000 can go to Ibrox for any game but there are far more supporters than that. 

Generally I'd suggest that it's the more "devout" ones that buy season tickets and that they would be the more vocal and potentially more extreme folk too. 

6 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

they are not supporters then. nor are they fans. unless by not going to the game, they are supporting the team and club through other endeavours - money raising ventures etc

Only so many fans can get into Ibrox at a game. Are you saying that the vast majority of folk who either cannot get to the games or cannot afford it aren't real fans? 

These are the folk that probably buy more merchandise than anyone else simply because they can't get to games. 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

We can become more watchable for a start. We are third, we will finish third. No Biggie. Most folk want a bit of entertainment. Winning matters obviously, but this "seeing out" matches against St Mirren, St Johnstone etc is a nonsense. That's not arrogance, that's fact. 

Finishing below third/fourth is almost beyond possible. Okay Hearts might recover but I'd still expect to be ahead of them. Hibs? They are a bit of a myth, they have, largely, been shit all my entire life and im 42 now. They see themselves  as something of  a Barcelona in disguise but Aberdeen own them. Finishing behind Kilmarnock is bordering on sackable when taking into account the budget and playing staff available. 

I'd argue that McInnes record in the transfer market is honking. The odd hit but mostly massive misses. 

Fans are bored, pure and simple. 

9 hours ago, Farcity said:

We can become more watchable for a start. We are third, we will finish third. No Biggie. Most folk want a bit of entertainment. Winning matters obviously, but this "seeing out" matches against St Mirren, St Johnstone etc is a nonsense. That's not arrogance, that's fact. 

Finishing below third/fourth is almost beyond possible. Okay Hearts might recover but I'd still expect to be ahead of them. Hibs? They are a bit of a myth, they have, largely, been shit all my entire life and im 42 now. They see themselves  as something of  a Barcelona in disguise but Aberdeen own them. Finishing behind Kilmarnock is bordering on sackable when taking into account the budget and playing staff available. 

I'd argue that McInnes record in the transfer market is honking. The odd hit but mostly massive misses. 

I've doubt fans are bored, I'm bored of it too but I'm bored of scottish football as a whole with exception of scotland but that because there is the tiniest of lights at the end of the tunnel and there is scope for us to improve and bring relative success. 

Without massive cash injections or radical reform in club football, nothing will change. The old firm have an even tighter grip on the game here than they did back in the 70s before aberdeen and utd took them on. 

I'm sure some will see this as defeatist, it's not its reality. 

9 hours ago, Farcity said:

This, there’s not really a buzz about going to a match at the moment, even 3/4 years ago I’d be up on a Saturday, raring to go and the bairn would be in full kit at 8am, asking when we’re leaving, he’s only 11, he should still be like that, but he’s not. 

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I've doubt fans are bored, I'm bored of it too but I'm bored of scottish football as a whole with exception of scotland but that because there is the tiniest of lights at the end of the tunnel and there is scope for us to improve and bring relative success. 

Without massive cash injections or radical reform in club football, nothing will change. The old firm have an even tighter grip on the game here than they did back in the 70s before aberdeen and utd took them on. 

I'm sure some will see this as defeatist, it's not its reality. 

It was also reality in the 80’s that we couldn’t compete, they had better players than us, Bayern, Madrid, Hamburg, Barcelona had better players with more money than us and Utd, I don’t need to remind you what happened next. 

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

This, there’s not really a buzz about going to a match at the moment, even 3/4 years ago I’d be up on a Saturday, raring to go and the bairn would be in full kit at 8am, asking when we’re leaving, he’s only 11, he should still be like that, but he’s not. 

It was also reality in the 80’s that we couldn’t compete, they had better players than us, Bayern, Madrid, Hamburg, Barcelona had better players with more money than us and Utd, I don’t need to remind you what happened next. 

Are you seriously comparing the gulf in finances then to now?

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

No, I’m comparing the fact that everyone thought they couldn’t be beaten, but if you had a go and took the game to them, they could. 

Back then they had a point. Nowadays is a completely different scenario.

18 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Try telling that to a Leicester 

Leicester never set out to win the league that year. They ended up on a run that everyone including them believed would stop until close to the end. 

It's a ridiculous comparison to use, it's a one in a million chance that will.unlikely happen again in our lifetime

Edited by vanderark14

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Leicester never set out to win the league that year. They ended up on a run that everyone including the believed would stop until close to the end. 

It's a ridiculous comparison to use, it's a one in a million chance that will.unlikely happen again in our lifetime

It’s not really, it’s a comparison that has bigger clubs, more money, better training facilities, more of an advantage to sign better players, yet the u deed of came through and proved everyone wrong. 

As you say though, that can’t happen 🙄

Maybe best we end it here, you stay in the bubble of negativity with Mcinnes and I’ll always have the want and hope than we can be better than we’ve ever been. 

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

It’s not really, it’s a comparison that has bigger clubs, more money, better training facilities, more of an advantage to sign better players, yet the u deed of came through and proved everyone wrong. 

As you say though, that can’t happen 🙄

Maybe best we end it here, you stay in the bubble of negativity with Mcinnes and I’ll always have the want and hope than we can be better than we’ve ever been. 

Fucking hell that last sentence 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Super fan dandydunn

16 hours ago, Farcity said:

Hibs? They are a bit of a myth, they have, largely, been shit all my entire life and im 42 now. They see themselves  as something of  a Barcelona in disguise but Aberdeen own them. 

That aged well :lol:

Edited by slasher

18 hours ago, Farcity said:

Well guess whose fixed odds coupon got fvcked today!