Season 19/20 - Page 71 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

10 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

sbcmfc, what is James Scott's best position ? Is he a winger, central midfielder (attacking) or does he play just behind the striker ?

He’s been played mostly wide on the right, but he’s probably a centre forward?

He’s a bit raw, but he’s got everything. He’s tall and athletic, decent pace and can play.

He almost scored a perfect hat trick in 10 minutes last night. 1st goal he cut in from the right and scored with his left, 2nd ran onto a ball down the channel and dinked the keeper with his right, and had a header just past the post a few minutes later.

10 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Probably sitting on the bench in Glasgow if he keeps his form up 🙄

😂 probably. Rangers need more wingers and Celtic just like hoovering up players to gather dust.

13 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Aberdeen throwing the hammer already I see. And the fans throwing pies. 

I see the pie has some how transformed into a banana according to rangers fans on twitter and forums,I am not excusing the pie thrower but some of these idiots are absolutely desperate to be offended.

Anyway our hammer throwing worked and could or maybe should have won the game had Cosrgove remembered to head the ball😂

Jon Beaton apologised to Gerrard after the game, did mcinnes get an apology too? Rangers had many dubious fouls given their way last night. At least Gerrard didn't focus on the penalty incident, he focused on his team throwing away a two goal lead. 

Edited by vanderark14

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I see the pie has some how transformed into a banana according to rangers fans on twitter and forums,I am not excusing the pie thrower but some of these idiots are absolutely desperate to be offended.

Anyway our hammer throwing worked and could or maybe should have won the game had Cosrgove remembered to head the ball😂

Jon Beaton apologised to Gerrard after the game, did mcinnes get an apology too? Rangers had many dubious fouls given their way last night. At least Gerrard didn't focus on the penalty incident, he focused on his team throwing away a two goal lead. 

The seethe about not getting a penalty is incredible. Very short memories that lot 😂😂🤣

Well, the first 40 minutes went exactly as expected.  No fight, no system, no football and no clue only to get a goal out of nothing to go in at half time somehow still in the game.  To Mcinnes's credit, he made changes at half time (went 4-4-2) and clearly had the players wound up.  We came out a different team. Fought, passed, pressed and actually played some football in Rangers half. Beaton was arguably Rangers best player in the second half.  If Morelos spent less time rolling around on the ground and more time playing football he might actually be worth £10M.

As for Rangers defence, they aren't winning anything with a back five containing Helander, Goldson and McGregor.

McInnes needs to start with a 4-4-2 on Saturday and continue to be aggressive.  He won't.

Edited by SMcoolJ

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not entirely sure it was a penalty, the replays seemed pretty inconclusive to me. From what I could see, Ferguson foot was partly on the line and partly outside the box and if I'm unable to tell after a million replays then the ref made the right decision.

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

As for Rangers defence, they aren't winning anything with a back five containing Helander, Goldson and McGregor.

Helander and Goldson, correct, but I don't see what's wrong with McGregor, fairly sure he's saved plenty of points for Rangers this season, especially in Europe.  Still has that petulance which will get him into trouble but I've no criticism of his goalkeeping ability.

Yesterday felt like a big moment in the title race.  Considering rangers were 2-0 up and Celtic were drawing 1-1 in time added on, it is incredible that we now sit 2 points clear.

You just can't beat a last minute winner and I think both teams will go into Sunday now with quite different mindsets.  

5 minutes ago, in5omniac said:

Helander and Goldson, correct, but I don't see what's wrong with McGregor, fairly sure he's saved plenty of points for Rangers this season, especially in Europe.  Still has that petulance which will get him into trouble but I've no criticism of his goalkeeping ability.

He wasn't very clever for our first goal and he was completely lost for the corner at which Cosgrove should have scored.  I just think he's just beginning to look like an accident waiting to happen.  If it isn't an error, he'll lose you a big game by getting sent off for being an utterly despicable khunt. 

28 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

He wasn't very clever for our first goal and he was completely lost for the corner at which Cosgrove should have scored.  I just think he's just beginning to look like an accident waiting to happen.  If it isn't an error, he'll lose you a big game by getting sent off for being an utterly despicable khunt. 

Aye, for all his shot stopping ability and experience, he still has an absolute howler in him. He's also an arsehole and likely to do something erratic off the ball every so often.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

I'm not entirely sure it was a penalty, the replays seemed pretty inconclusive to me. From what I could see, Ferguson foot was partly on the line and partly outside the box and if I'm unable to tell after a million replays then the ref made the right decision.

I hold the same opinion but we would be screaming penalty if it was for either of our teams. In saying that I don;t see it as necessary for the ref to apologise to Gerrard and the press to go to town with it this morning. I guess it gives the huns victims something to moan about. 

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

That’s the second time I’ve heard of that happening.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard about another manager getting an apology. Certainly not for not giving a debatable penalty. 😂

3 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Yesterday felt like a big moment in the title race.  Considering rangers were 2-0 up and Celtic were drawing 1-1 in time added on, it is incredible that we now sit 2 points clear.

You just can't beat a last minute winner and I think both teams will go into Sunday now with quite different mindsets.  

Totally agree. I didn't think we were favourites anyway but after those games we're getting well beaten and unless there's a major reaction we won't win the league either. 

I take back my compliment to Gerrard, the guy is a fuck nugget

"We are trying to claim a foul in the box but whether it's a foul or not it's very unlikely you are going to get it here at Pittodrie so our reaction needs to be better when it drops in the box."

28 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I take back my compliment to Gerrard, the guy is a fuck nugget

"We are trying to claim a foul in the box but whether it's a foul or not it's very unlikely you are going to get it here at Pittodrie so our reaction needs to be better when it drops in the box."

😂

I’m sure the interviewer called him out on that claim.

Although it has been going on for years....

😜

It’s worth remembering that Gerrard was a bigger diver than Stilian Petrov, but Sky Sports never highlighted it because of his nationality.  He was king of twisting his body and leaving a leg in unnatural positions to make contact before falling theatrically. 

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

Seriously though why on earth did Beaton apologise?

It was not a penalty and he made the correct decision. Why is he apologising? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

To avoid the backlash of the press and the hun orcs