Season 19/20 - Page 70 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 12/3/2019 at 12:35 PM, Fairbairn said:

That's not what I meant.  Just that often when we go in to games where we're expected to win and in good form the wheels tend to come off.  Suppose it's just the eternal pessimist in me!  Pittodrie is always a tough place to go and regardless of form we rarely get it easy so I'll be expecting a tough game.  I'd gladly take a 0-1 right now.  

I’m very wise. 

Another comfortable win for Stephen Robinson’s Motherwell.

St Mirren looked pretty awful after Motherwell got the 1st goal, ‘well keeper made his only save in injury time.

Hearts at home on Saturday, so another winnable game. Think our centre halves will relish the battle. Only concern is Hearts probably turned in their best (only?) performance of the season at Fir Park in the cup.

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

Another comfortable win for Stephen Robinson’s Motherwell.

St Mirren looked pretty awful after Motherwell got the 1st goal, ‘well keeper made his only save in injury time.

Hearts at home on Saturday, so another winnable game. Think our centre halves will relish the battle. Only concern is Hearts probably turned in their best (only?) performance of the season at Fir Park in the cup.

sbcmfc, what is James Scott's best position ? Is he a winger, central midfielder (attacking) or does he play just behind the striker ?

The Aberdeen performance tonight just shows exactly why McInnes needs to leave, for his own sake too maybe. 

On the face of it a draw from being two down is a decent result but you shouldn't be going two down at home to them. He's done a decent enough job but he continues to show too much respect to teams who are perceived to be better than Aberdeen. 

The way he sets out against Celtic and Rangers is a disgrace. Rangers are not a good team, their defence is fucking rotten so why not have a pop at them from the start. 

Shameful performance from Rangers tonight. These are the games that must be won to be proper title contenders. 

With a 2-0 lead we should never get pegged back by this Aberdeen side, who are frankly not very good. 

Some players may well have played themselves out of the team for the final and quite frankly I can't see us having an earthly on Sunday. 

Far too soft at the back and not actually playing that well elsewhere. 

Ach well, time for the January transfer rumours to begin. 

1 hour ago, Farcity said:

The Aberdeen performance tonight just shows exactly why McInnes needs to leave, for his own sake too maybe. 

On the face of it a draw from being two down is a decent result but you shouldn't be going two down at home to them. He's done a decent enough job but he continues to show too much respect to teams who are perceived to be better than Aberdeen. 

The way he sets out against Celtic and Rangers is a disgrace. Rangers are not a good team, their defence is fucking rotten so why not have a pop at them from the start. 

Derek McInnes said that Aberdeen's performance against Rangers should "shut a few people up" :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50667222

There is definitely potential there at Aberdeen but they need a new manager with more confidence in the players and willing to attack.

6 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Shameful performance from Rangers tonight. These are the games that must be won to be proper title contenders. 

With a 2-0 lead we should never get pegged back by this Aberdeen side, who are frankly not very good. 

Some players may well have played themselves out of the team for the final and quite frankly I can't see us having an earthly on Sunday. 

Far too soft at the back and not actually playing that well elsewhere. 

Ach well, time for the January transfer rumours to begin. 

Huns well and truly hibs’d it 🤣🤣