Season 19/20 - Page 68 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

Wednesday night will not be pretty for any Dons fan.  Absolute humping on the cards. I'd bite your hand off for a 0-0 right now.  Sad times.

This usually means the exact opposite!  We've been in too good form of late so I'm expecting the wheels to come off at some point.  Suppose I'd rather it was tomorrow night than Sunday.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

This usually means the exact opposite!  We've been in too good form of late so I'm expecting the wheels to come off at some point.  Suppose I'd rather it was tomorrow night than Sunday.

This isn't an attempt at reverse psychology or expectation management by me, we are genuinely a bit shit at the moment. If you score early it will be a stroll. 

The only thing McInnes could try is to play two up front and he just won't do that (he wouldn't do it at home to St Mirren (no disrespect intended) on Saturday)

Edited by SMcoolJ

2 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

St Mirren were better than Aberdeen on Saturday. Played some really good football.  They should feel completely aggrieved at not taking all 3 points let alone a draw.  McInnes continues to make backing him very difficult.  The selections of Campbell and Gallagher (the latter of which played 90 minutes) were just absolute nonsense. Fair enough we've got £13k a week of midfielders in the treatment room (that's another issue altogether) but surely anyone can see those two just aren't good enough. 

Wednesday night will not be pretty for any Dons fan.  Absolute humping on the cards. I'd bite your hand off for a 0-0 right now.  Sad times.

I thought Campbell was OK but yes, even if everyone was fit we'd lose tomorrow. However hardly any midfielders are fit, and it's hard to tell what formation we're playing a lot of the time, so sadly this will be a humping. We'll be lucky to cling onto 4th, let alone 3rd, by New Year when you see our fixture list this month.

26 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

This isn't an attempt at reverse psychology or expectation management by me, we are genuinely a bit shit at the moment. If you score early it will be a stroll. 

The only thing McInnes could try is to play two up front and he just won't do that (he wouldn't do it at home to St Mirren (no disrespect intended) on Saturday)

That's not what I meant.  Just that often when we go in to games where we're expected to win and in good form the wheels tend to come off.  Suppose it's just the eternal pessimist in me!  Pittodrie is always a tough place to go and regardless of form we rarely get it easy so I'll be expecting a tough game.  I'd gladly take a 0-1 right now.  

3 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

St Mirren were better than Aberdeen on Saturday. Played some really good football.  They should feel completely aggrieved at not taking all 3 points let alone a draw.

We’ve got St Mirren on Wednesday and this worries me. Heard a few reports that they are playing well, but not getting results, and are due a bit of luck.

Hopefully the luck/results don’t kick in until the weekend. Chance for Motherwell to go 3rd if we win and Aberdeen lose.

24 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Scottish cup TV games announced.

Dundee v Motherwell 720pm on the Saturday. :shocked:

Dundee Utd Hibs 3pm on Sunday.

Both on BBC Scotland

Dunno if Premier sports gave announced Thistle v Celtic for 530 on the Saturday yet? 😂

Premier have picked up rangers and celtic. This was always going to happen. Rangers v stranraer will be the friday evening kick off.

29 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Unfortunately it just adds to the myth. The old firm is all that matters. Scottish football will never flourish this way. 

To be fair, who’s subscribing to Premier to watch Dundee v Motherwell. 😂

I kind of get it.

Anybody see Kris Boyd’s comments at the weekend. 😱

That’s who will be selling Scottish football after this season when we go from BT to sky only.

7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I kind of get it.

That’s who will be selling Scottish football after this season when we go from BT to sky only.

He's a thick, fat, prick.

1 hour ago, jailender said:

The problem is that outside Scotland, 9and in Scotland as well), there really isn't much of an audience for Scottish football, apart from the ugly sisters.That's not going to change soon.

It's a vicious circle, the old firm get every headline, every tv slot and the bulk of the cash coming in therefore they continue to attract more fans. 

If People are led to believe the old firm is all that matters, that's all they will want to watch. 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I kind of get it.

I doubt I'll be watching any of the sky coverage. Itll be worse than BT and I've no interest in watching either of the OF every week. 

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It's a vicious circle, the old firm get every headline, every tv slot and the bulk of the cash coming in therefore they continue to attract more fans. 

If People are led to believe the old firm is all that matters, that's all they will want to watch. 

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I doubt I'll be watching any of the sky coverage. Itll be worse than BT and I've no interest in watching either of the OF every week. 

Jim White would be in tears if someone told him that :-))

13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I’ve got BT, but couldn't justify sky.

Motherwell only really on at home v old firm anyway, and I’m usually there.

22 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Yeah, exactly this.

As much as we might mock the attendance at Livi v Hamilton last week, a fortnight ago you had a big Union Jack at the tony macaroni with Livi Loyal on it. Probably belting out “what a shitey home support” between UVF songs without a hint of irony. 😂

21 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

What a fat, flabby, smug cunt.

Bet when he goes over to Ballymena or whenever to do his guest speaker at RSC events he doesn't slag off the NIFL.

He really is a fucking dick. What a great way to promote the game in scotland. The SPFL should be demanding be is sacked from sky immediately 

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

That's not what I meant.  Just that often when we go in to games where we're expected to win and in good form the wheels tend to come off.  Suppose it's just the eternal pessimist in me!  Pittodrie is always a tough place to go and regardless of form we rarely get it easy so I'll be expecting a tough game.  I'd gladly take a 0-1 right now.  

i knew what you meant. I just wanted to re-emphasise my point!  To emphasise yet further again, McInnes will fudge his Huggies tomorrow.