Season 19/20 - Page 66 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Once again, Aberdeen were fucking horrific. 

The bairn met Big Doog in the corporate lounge though, another legend aff the list 🔴

Horrific and still 3rd. Cant wair till we aren't horrific 😂

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Horrific and still 3rd. Cant wair till we aren't horrific 😂

There lies the problem. People think that kind of performance and ones from the last 2-3 seasons are acceptable, as long as we’re 3rd best. 

I don’t, it’s fucking disgraceful. 

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

There lies the problem. People think that kind of performance and ones from the last 2-3 seasons are acceptable, as long as we’re 3rd best. 

I don’t, it’s fucking disgraceful. 

3rd is hardly disgraceful. Its where you.would expect Aberdeen to challenge and probably be based on budget and squad size.

It's not what we want but theres next to nothing can be done. The duopoly is returning and the fawning over it has returned too. 

Apathy will rule again

35 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

3rd is hardly disgraceful. Its where you.would expect Aberdeen to challenge and probably be based on budget and squad size.

It's not what we want but theres next to nothing can be done. The duopoly is returning and the fawning over it has returned too. 

Apathy will rule again

There in lies the problem, people accept that 3rd best is all that is possible, so they’re happy to accept it. I’m not, I believe in trying to be the best you can, but it’s a disease running through the club that 3rd is good enough. 

The club needs people like you to go, ah well, no point in trying, because we won’t win anyway as it plays right into their hands at winning fuck all  

I don’t remember fergie having that attitude, Bayern, Madrid & Hamburg all had far bigger budgets, but it didn’t stop him from telling the players and showing the world that we were better than anyone expected. 

Nevermind though, we’ve won one cup in 24 years, I’m sure you’re delighted with that. 

That’s where the real apathy has set in, within the clubs own support. It’s a fucking joke. 

Edited by dandydunn

It's the manner of the performances, it's eye bleeding. Very little football on offer at all and it's not an enjoyable watch.  McInnes time has come and gone and this "game management" pish can fuck off anaw. Yes Aberdeen will finish third by a distance, miles behind the Huns but similarly a good distance ahead of fourth. Maybe Cormack can breathe new life into things as something needs to happen. 

32 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

There in lies the problem, people accept that 3rd best is all that is possible, so they’re happy to accept it. I’m not, I believe in trying to be the best you can, but it’s a disease running through the club that 3rd is good enough. 

The club needs people like you to go, ah well, no point in trying, because we won’t win anyway as it plays right into their hands at winning fuck all  

I don’t remember fergie having that attitude, Bayern, Madrid & Hamburg all had far bigger budgets, but it didn’t stop him from telling the players and showing the world that we were better than anyone expected. 

Nevermind though, we’ve won one cup in 24 years, I’m sure you’re delighted with that. 

That’s where the real apathy has set in, within the clubs own support. It’s a fucking joke. 

Yeah I'm happy with one trophy in 24 years. Youd know what I'm happy with.

32 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I doubt VA is accepting.

You have the choice to vote with your feet, I'd suggest you do until the club's application (not that we expect to win every game, but by fuck we should be trying to) match your own.

It may change, but this looks like the 1st time in 50 years that I'll not have been to AB24.

7 minutes ago, Farcity said:

It's the manner of the performances, it's eye bleeding. Very little football on offer at all and it's not an enjoyable watch.  McInnes time has come and gone and this "game management" pish can fuck off anaw. Yes Aberdeen will finish third by a distance, miles behind the Huns but similarly a good distance ahead of fourth. Maybe Cormack can breathe new life into things as something needs to happen. 

We would need a bigger budget, this isn't the 80s where we can compete, the squad size and playing budget plays a massive part.in modern football and that gulf between us and the old firm are hugely different to back then. A supposedly fucked rangers can pay 9m for one player and they're not even the best team in the country. We couldn't spend that on an entire squad.

The kind of passions, drive, determination and management we had in the 80s only gets you so far, sure theres the odd Leicester here and there but the chances of that are slim. That's not me accepting 3rd, I believe we should have at least one more cup in the cabinet under mcinnes but he is weak when we play tougher or so called better teams. That's me accepting the reality of the challenge. I want to see us do better but I cant see how it will happen without significant investment. 

27 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Some people actually wanted this guy as Scotland manager ? :rollsmile:

The thing about McInnes though, is that generally his teams win the games they should win but very rarely punch above their weight. I think he would do a decent enough job with Scotland but it would be similar, we would finish where we should finish. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Dandydunn would be a shite manager.😜

He’d look cool as fuck on the touchline though. Snazziest dressed loon I’ve ever seen. He comes complete wae pink shirts, turn ups on the bottoms of his breeks and a haircut that widnae look oot of place at Easter Road. 😂🙈

28 minutes ago, WCTA said:

How much more time are Saints going to waste by not punting Wright? Each week we creep towards relegation. 

As long as Ralston plays relegation is a certainty. I said on here months ago he is one of the worst players i have ever seen. He wouldn't get a game for Jeanfield. 

1 minute ago, Farcity said:

As long as Ralston plays relegation is a certainty. I said on here months ago he is one of the worst players i have ever seen. He wouldn't get a game for Jeanfield. 

Aye, he seems to be the fans whipping boy going by the Saints forums. Not a lot of confidence in him. 

3 hours ago, WCTA said:

How much more time are Saints going to waste by not punting Wright? Each week we creep towards relegation. 

Are you sure you want to replace Wright considering that these clowns will probably apply for the job ?

Image result for mark mcghee

image.jpeg.a57261043871dd6b35d5442e25d6f1c4.jpeg

image.jpeg.c5299c3cc2a22262c4856b004e98684e.jpeg

Could the appeal of fly fishing, restoring vintage tractors and the sultry women folk of Perth help persuade Mauricio Pochettino to take the St Johnstone job ?

Edited by ErsatzThistle

6 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

It's kind of a pity that McInnes never got to become Rangers manager.

That would have been quite entertaining.

Not if you were a Rangers fan.

I've never been so happy to be turned down by someone. When you think back to the midfield Aberdeen had 3 years ago, they should've done a lot better than they did.

5 hours ago, Farcity said:

I said the same and got slaughtered, he is never a player.