Season 19/20 - Page 55 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 10/30/2019 at 11:14 PM, sbcmfc said:

This still from behind the other goal looks like long touches the ball away from Bruce....

Hold my hand up having watched Sportscene,  Bruce doesn't get the ball.

Always wait til you've seen HD footage is the moral here...

Edited by Toepoke

16 hours ago, Dapo Mabude said:

Someone's rattled hahaha. I get you love Clarke but he's not that good a manager at international level. Just my opinion and I expect we will look back at the Strachan time with more clarity realising we made a mistake getting rid.

Has nothing to do with his team's performances against us which were good and admirable I will admit. Gerrard did put Killie out of both cups though which you didn't mention.

Erm, I did mention the cup game when we got the goalie sent off.

Clarke took more points off Slippy than any other manager during his time at Killie. I get why you lot hate him.

Clarke DOES rate Jack. He called him up in two of his 3 squads and Jack got injured during one squad and pulled out injured before the games in the other. 

And yet somehow Clarke is a clown? Yeesh. 

Jack is playing really well and completely controlled the game against Ross County. 

However, as has been said, I want to see him do that more often and against better teams. 

He's definitely worth a squad place and is probably 4th in line for the midfield 3 places behind McTominay, McGinn and McGregor. Possibly because his name isn't Scottish enough? 😉

But assuming everyone is fit and playing well he'd probably be better at right back. He's better than all of our other options there. 

6 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Hold my hand up having watched Sportscene,  Bruce doesn't get the ball.

Always wait til you've seen HD footage is the moral here...

I’ve not seen the sportscene highlights yet, but saw on Twitter they concluded it was a red.

The video posted on here and highlight teasers favoured Killie to be fair.

By coincidence the angles the fans would’ve seen at the game both backed up their player.

2 hours ago, AndyDD said:

Clarke DOES rate Jack. He called him up in two of his 3 squads and Jack got injured during one squad and pulled out injured before the games in the other. 

And yet somehow Clarke is a clown? Yeesh. 

Scotland's performances and results under Clarke have been woeful so far. I hope he turns it round but that's what his tenure as Scotland manager will be judged by.

2 minutes ago, Dapo Mabude said:

Scotland's performances and results under Clarke have been woeful so far. I hope he turns it round but that's what his tenure as Scotland manager will be judged by.

Besides the point. You said he was a clown. You didn't say Ryan Jack was showing up 'That scotland manager who has not gotten off to a good start, Clarke' you said 'that clown Clarke'. 

He's a very decent coach who is 6 games in to his tenure. 

28 minutes ago, Dapo Mabude said:

So what’s it got to do with him not picking Ryan Jack? Even though he has...

🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, Mox said:

Scrap the League cup ASAP, a fucking awful competition.

Fuck no. Love the two cups in Scotland. Its one of the few things that separates us from the modern football cluster fuck in England.  In my experience, every half wit under the sun turns out for a cup tie away day. Its fucking magic. 👍

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

Fuck no. Love the two cups in Scotland. Its one of the few things that separates us from the modern football cluster fuck in England.  In my experience, every half wit under the sun turns out for a cup tie away day. Its fucking magic. 👍

And it's the only realistic chance of glory for clubs outwith celtic

'sWalk in the park for Rangers. Jack's level of consistency is a real bonus but more important we at last seem to have a settled back 4. Tavernier had his best game for a while. We need to keep Morelos beyond the January transfer window and Gerrard has stated today he is going nowhere. 

Edited by EddardStark

35 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

'sWalk in the park for Rangers. Jack's level of consistency is a real bonus but more important we at last seem to have a settled back 4. Tavernier had his best game for a while. We need to keep Morelos beyond the January transfer window and Gerrard has stated today he is going nowhere. 

Serious question, do you think Morelos will be at Ibrox after the new year?

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Wasn't expecting much yesterday with two centre mids at centre half.

Doubt we were either to be honest. 

Quite how we are sitting where we are in the league says more about the rest far more than what we offer.

At least my eyes and ears didn't bleed as much as they usually do watching the tripe on offer yesterday....