Season 19/20 - Page 52 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

This sums it up quite well.

Think my 6 year old needs to lay off the cartoons and computer games, he was asking if they were going to shoot the Motherwell players with the cannon. 🚀  😂

I tried to explain it, but every answer generates more questions.

Even if they did, the ref still wouldn't give a penalty...

14 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

OK. So at least we're getting somewhere. I look forward to you accepting me mocking the next grief event at Parkhead in good grace then. 

We must be due to have people dressed as bags of crisps abseil off the top of Celtic Park to remember the great famine. Seems like a fairly sensible way to remember that horrific event.

Maybe shoot McCains roast potatoes at people too?

Edited by Tartan_McCole

12 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Rememberance Sunday was ( and still is to me) supposed to be a quiet dignified affair and a moment for private reflection. My grandad fought and survived WW2, he wasnt religious in anyway and neither am I. 

Setting off fucking cannons in a football ground with elaborate Last Night Of the proms  style displays is as far removed from quiet,  dignified reflection as you can possibly get. Anyone with any common decency should  see this as a total embarrassment. In Rangers defence, they are not alone in this fairly  recent behaviour but by fuck they seem to be revelling in it ☹️

Very well put Jim. I agree and this pretty much mirrors my feelings on these things. 

Having said that there are trashy, embarrassing folk in all areas of life. 

Sometimes we have to learn to ignore folk even if it does set your teeth on edge. 

35 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

We must be due to have people dressed as bags of crisps abseil off the top of Celtic Park to remember the great famine. Seems like a fairly sensible way to remember that horrific event.

Maybe shoot McCains roast potatoes at people too?

That would be insensitive at the very least. 

We should get the RA over for a show of strength in the centre circle under the disco lights this April. Thirty foot Easter lillies each side of the tunnel. Armalites shooting into the sky as Bik McFarlane barks out some last minute instructions to the team in the huddle.

Fun for all the family

5 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

We should get the RA over for a show of strength in the centre circle under the disco lights this April. Thirty foot Easter lillies each side of the tunnel. Armalites shooting into the sky as Bik McFarlane barks out some last minute instructions to the team in the huddle.

Fun for all the family

Apart from the armalites being illegal, I wouldn't give a toss about the rest. I'm sure some other folk would be upset though. 

I have no idea who the Bik guy is. 

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

You're right.  Hopefully we can move on and I can put this sordid incident behind me!!

I have been trying to come up with a response to this but I just can't bring myself to type in puns that bad. 😂

You win. 

6 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

Fun for all the family

The Guildford 4 and Birmingham 6 could make a comeback as a vocal harmony group belting out some of U2s early stuff.

21 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Rememberance Sunday was ( and still is to me) supposed to be a quiet dignified affair and a moment for private reflection. My grandad fought and survived WW2, he wasnt religious in anyway and neither am I. 

Setting off fucking cannons in a football ground with elaborate Last Night Of the proms  style displays is as far removed from quiet,  dignified reflection as you can possibly get. Anyone with any common decency should  see this as a total embarrassment. In Rangers defence, they are not alone in this fairly  recent behaviour but by fuck they seem to be revelling in it ☹️

Spot on.

Pretty disgusting the way it has become, more so in England, but in certain quarters up here too now, almost a month long willy waving contest.