Season 19/20 - Page 51 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

13 hours ago, slasher said:

In other news, the huns have outdone themselves. From artillery guns on the pitch to a world record poppy size on a football shirt, it looks like the 'Lest we forget' trophy again is going to Govan. They can put it up alongside the coveted Ramsdens cup 👍

Why does this bother you so much? I have no idea what went on as I'm only interested in the football and I wasn't there. I also don't have Sky Sports. 

Why did you watch it? 

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Why does this bother you so much? I have no idea what went on as I'm only interested in the football and I wasn't there. I also don't have Sky Sports. 

Why did you watch it? 

They don’t show Rangers or Celtic home games on Sky Sports. 😂

(well 2 each...)

13 hours ago, slasher said:

In other news, the huns have outdone themselves. From artillery guns on the pitch to a world record poppy size on a football shirt, it looks like the 'Lest we forget' trophy again is going to Govan. They can put it up alongside the coveted Ramsdens cup 👍

They really are fucking weirdos. 

Good battling win for Rangers today against tough and worthy opponents in Motherwell. Brilliant finish for Defoe and Tavernier dusted himself off after missing the penalty to put in a great ball for the winner. Set pieces and our strength at them making a difference in tight games again!

51 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Why did you watch it? 

I didn't, seen it on twitter son

4 minutes ago, Dapo Mabude said:

Good battling win for Rangers today against tough and worthy opponents in Motherwell. Brilliant finish for Defoe and Tavernier dusted himself off after missing the penalty to put in a great ball for the winner. Set pieces and our strength at them making a difference in tight games again!

Game was yesterday Ron 👍

1 hour ago, mr mojo risin said:

Anyone can look tremendous in a training exercise against 11 cones. We gave a masterclass in how NOT to play against a team with better players. Ever since Van Dijk we've been allowing Celtic centre-half's to wander up the entire pitch at walking pace unchallenged, surely it's time to try something new next time!?

That was particularly mental, and very fortunately (for Aberdeen anyway!) did not result in a goal. Lazio showed midweek how to deal with Ajers running out of defence.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

I didn't, seen it on twitter son

Game was yesterday Ron 👍

Don't know who "Ron" is but yes you are correct. Can't see an edit function so unfortunately that can't be updated.

EDIT: Seems I can edit this post. Nice wee view of the goal yesterday for you:

Edited by Dapo Mabude

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

They don’t show Rangers or Celtic home games on Sky Sports. 😂

(well 2 each...)

I only have BT Sports so knew it wasn't on that. Just assumed Sky had it. 

I knew for certain it wasn't going to be on the BBC TV or radio though. 😁

47 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So you follow Rangers on Twitter? 

And you haven't said why it bothers you so much? 

Nope, I don't, it was reported by various outlets on social media. 

It doesn't, I was mocking it rather than being offended by it. 🙄

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So you follow Rangers on Twitter? 

And you haven't said why it bothers you so much? 

It bothers me, because I fail to believe that any cunt can be so grief mongering as they cunts appear to practice. Practice being the operative word. It’s fucking pathetic.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It looks like something out 1940s Nazi Germany.

Actually it looks nothing like that but I get the general point. Again, why should it bother you, in an enclosed stadium you aren't in and can avoid seeing very easily?

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Nope, I don't, it was reported by various outlets on social media. 

It doesn't, I was mocking it rather than being offended by it. 🙄

OK. So at least we're getting somewhere. I look forward to you accepting me mocking the next grief event at Parkhead in good grace then. 

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

It bothers me, because I fail to believe that any cunt can be so grief mongering as they cunts appear to practice. Practice being the operative word. It’s fucking pathetic.

Grief mongering? I take it you don't remember Princess Dianas death then? Now that was grief mongering. 

So you don't believe it's genuine. So what? Money gets raised for charity off of the gullible Rangers fans. Isn't that a good thing? 

6 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

OK. So at least we're getting somewhere. I look forward to you accepting me mocking the next grief event at Parkhead in good grace then. 

I think everyone else was perfectly aware what I was doing. Being thick as fuck, you failed to grasp it as usual. 

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

I think everyone else was perfectly aware what I was doing. Being thick as fuck, you failed to grasp it as usual. 

Nope. I didn't want to assume what you meant. I wanted you to say it. Not sure why it was so difficult for you. It is a board to express your opinions on, after all. 

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Nope. I didn't want to assume what you meant. I wanted you to say it. Not sure why it was so difficult for you. It is a board to express your opinions on, after all. 

No difficulty here chief 👍

27 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Grief mongering? I take it you don't remember Princess Dianas death then? Now that was grief mongering. 

So you don't believe it's genuine. So what? Money gets raised for charity off of the gullible Rangers fans. Isn't that a good thing? 

Aye I do, that was utterly vile too.

No, no it’s not. 

Rememberance Sunday was ( and still is to me) supposed to be a quiet dignified affair and a moment for private reflection. My grandad fought and survived WW2, he wasnt religious in anyway and neither am I. 

Setting off fucking cannons in a football ground with elaborate Last Night Of the proms  style displays is as far removed from quiet,  dignified reflection as you can possibly get. Anyone with any common decency should  see this as a total embarrassment. In Rangers defence, they are not alone in this fairly  recent behaviour but by fuck they seem to be revelling in it ☹️

48 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Rememberance Sunday was ( and still is to me) supposed to be a quiet dignified affair and a moment for private reflection. My grandad fought and survived WW2, he wasnt religious in anyway and neither am I. 

Setting off fucking cannons in a football ground with elaborate Last Night Of the proms  style displays is as far removed from quiet,  dignified reflection as you can possibly get. Anyone with any common decency should  see this as a total embarrassment. In Rangers defence, they are not alone in this fairly  recent behaviour but by fuck they seem to be revelling in it ☹️

This sums it up quite well.

Think my 6 year old needs to lay off the cartoons and computer games, he was asking if they were going to shoot the Motherwell players with the cannon. 🚀  😂

I tried to explain it, but every answer generates more questions.