Season 19/20 - Page 47 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

20 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It was called the Pondy because its original name was The Ponderosa

I never drank regularly anywhere in Linwood bar the Tavern and even that was only over 1 Winter when they ran a special on Becks and had a fruit machine I knew how to empty. 😂

Enjoyed a few Amateur Boxing nights in the St Brendans Club. Always a cracking atmosphere. 

Yeah was aware of this. I thought most locals of a certain age referred to it as the Pondy.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

CV's from John Hughes and Owen Coyle will already be in the post.

Even I wouldn't wish that on the farmers.

John Hughes works for the SFA coaching the young/new coaches, no wonder we are shite.

Surely Hibs and Hearts need to punt their useless managers.

6 minutes ago, kumnio said:

John Hughes works for the SFA coaching the young/new coaches, no wonder we are shite.

Hearts in Perth on Wednesday. Massive game already for both sides.

7 minutes ago, kumnio said:

WTF :blink::blink:

Why the feck are proponents of industrial football like Hughes and Stark employed by the SFA ? Get rid of those cunts.

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

WTF :blink::blink:

Why the feck are proponents of industrial football like Hughes and Stark employed by the SFA ? Get rid of those cunts.

Whenever he is on the BBC Sportsound podcast, he tries to portray his style of football as the right way of doing things, he genuinely thinks he plays Barca style. He is an absolute dinosaur, and comes across as a moron.

Edited by kumnio

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

Whenever he is on the BBC Sportsound podcast, he tries to portray his style of football as the right way of doing things, he genuinely thinks he plays Barca style. He is an absolute dinosaur, and comes across as a moron.

This "auld boys network" which is alive and well in Scottish football needs an atom bomb dropped on it.

6 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Absolutely spot on. If it doesn't work, why bother trying to fix it.

The usual excuse for it is "aye but (insert name here) is a good fitba name who kens the game well".

That's always intrigued me that phrase "good fitba man" that they use. What does that even mean ? To me, it's code for "he's my auld teammate who really needs a job and we should go easy on him".

Maybe if these fannies lived a bit more modestly and didn't need the big hoose, the flash cars and designer clothes they wouldn't be in such a desperate scrum for managerial or coaching jobs when they quit playing.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Absolutely spot on. If it doesn't work, why bother trying to fix it.

When Hughes was whoring himself for the United job he did an interviewing along the lines of ‘ the boys just need some bonding and that....togetherness and that... few nights out.....golfing and that..........

The man is an utter simpleton 

6 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

When Hughes was whoring himself for the United job he did an interviewing along the lines of ‘ the boys just need some bonding and that....togetherness and that... few nights out.....golfing and that..........

The man is an utter simpleton 

Don't know if this is true or not but I did once read that the Falkirk players had a wild party when they heard Hughes was no longer their manager :-))

Considering the amount of jobs he's publicly admitted to applying for in the last couple of years but ultimately never got, it would appear that chairmen have figured out what a sad, incompetent, pantomime act Hughes really is.

It's an utter disgrace that he's working for the SFA.

And Billy Stark is not much better. He's another idiot.

25 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

I would have wet myself laughing if you appointed him, but I was in absolute dread that we would.

5 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Don't know if this is true or not but I did once read that the Falkirk players had a wild party when they heard Hughes was no longer their manager :-))

He said that this record speaks for its self, and he has been a success throughout his career. 

I genuinely believe his IQ is about 85, a complete simpleton who shouldnt be allowed on the radio, and he certainly shouldnt be any where near our coaches.

11 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Considering the amount of jobs he's publicly admitted to applying for in the last couple of years but ultimately never got, it would appear that chairmen have figured out what a sad, incompetent, pantomime act Hughes really is.

It's an utter disgrace that he's working for the SFA.

And Billy Stark is not much better. He's another idiot.

I know for a fact Raith Rovers had a party 😂

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I would have wet myself laughing if you appointed him, but I was in absolute dread that we would.

He said that this record speaks for its self, and he has been a success throughout his career. 

I genuinely believe his IQ is about 85, a complete simpleton who shouldnt be allowed on the radio, and he certainly shouldnt be any where near our coaches.

Astonishingly, there were a few Arabs hoping he got the job. It got me so irate  I was ejected from a well known United fans facebook Group. 🤷‍♂️