Season 19/20 - Page 46 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

19 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Main was a decent keeper but fucking loved himself!

Oh, absolutely. Should’ve tried having an ale with him. Cunt thought he was Erchie.

All good ‘keepers have that about them I think. A bit of goofyness, cockiness. 
Mind that scab John Martin fae Airdrie? A total roaster but he had a great career. 

Edited by WCTA

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

Wasn't Main allegedly a bit of a shagger as well ?

Mind that secretary at Saints who tried to get Steve Lomas done for unwarranted advances? Well, I was bawing her for a while not long before that. She was a total cock gannet. Shagged everything(👀).... Anyway, She would tell me Main was bad for trying to rattle everything at McD.

7 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Not been in Linwood for about 15 years (grew up there too) but I thought the Club was still open?  I'm sure one of my old mates nips in for a pint every now and then.

It may have reopened. I haven't been near the place in about 25 or more years. 

It was the first drinking establishment I was asked to leave when I wouldn't stand for the anthem at the end of the night. And that was the last time I ever went. 

3 hours ago, WCTA said:

Mind that secretary at Saints who tried to get Steve Lomas done for unwarranted advances? Well, I was bawing her for a while not long before that. She was a total cock gannet. Shagged everything(👀).... Anyway, She would tell me Main was bad for trying to rattle everything at McD.

Whit the hell are they putting in yir water oot there in tractor land ?

Randy bastards.

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Whit the hell are they putting in yir water oot there in tractor land ?

Randy bastards.

They don't need any help. There's fuck all else to do. Hence the farm animals live in fear. 

On 10/23/2019 at 9:20 AM, Fairbairn said:

All this bickering and the only thing I can take from it is I really like the sound of Perth for a weekend break! :blink:

Based on recent developments in the conversation I’m thinking the same.

😂

21 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Not been in Linwood for about 15 years (grew up there too) but I thought the Club was still open?  I'm sure one of my old mates nips in for a pint every now and then.

Grew up in Johnstone and had mates who lived in Linwood before they moved away. Not been there in the best part of 20 yrs until a few months ago when drove through. The Venture is gone too!! 

19 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Grew up in Johnstone and had mates who lived in Linwood before they moved away. Not been there in the best part of 20 yrs until a few months ago when drove through. The Venture is gone too!! 

The Venture has been away for years.  The Clippens is now half the size it was and the St Brendan's club is away too.  I've a feeling The Tavern might be closed too leaving, from memory, only the Rangers Club and The Heritage (which I've never been in despite living in Linwood for 25 years!) for a pint.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

The Venture has been away for years.  The Clippens is now half the size it was and the St Brendan's club is away too.  I've a feeling The Tavern might be closed too leaving, from memory, only the Rangers Club and The Heritage (which I've never been in despite living in Linwood for 25 years!) for a pint.

Might be wide of the mark but was that not like the unofficial Celtic pub?! Mates always called it 'The Pondy'. The Tweedie hall still there? Asda had many nights out in there, along with a Social club in what seemed an industrial estate...

1 hour ago, shaggycoo said:

Might be wide of the mark but was that not like the unofficial Celtic pub?! Mates always called it 'The Pondy'. The Tweedie hall still there? Asda had many nights out in there, along with a Social club in what seemed an industrial estate...

I think it was unoffically which might explain why I was never in it!  In saying that, The St Brendan's club wasn't exactly staunch and I spent a few nights in there with my old man back in the day.  The Tweedie as you'll have known it was knocked down to make way for the big Tesco but I think they've reopened a new community hall and named it after the Tweedie.  Only Social club I can think of that kind of fits the bill there is the Rangers Club (Or the Welfare Club to give it it's proper name) not that far from the Heritage.  When did you work in Asda?  I was part time there in my last year of high school, 94-95.

2 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

Aye I know it as the pondy too. We pick up the Paul Lambert csc from there on away days.

2 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

It was called the Pondy because its original name was The Ponderosa. 

I never drank regularly anywhere in Linwood bar the Tavern and even that was only over 1 Winter when they ran a special on Becks and had a fruit machine I knew how to empty. 😂

Enjoyed a few Amateur Boxing nights in the St Brendans Club. Always a cracking atmosphere. 

48 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I think it was unoffically which might explain why I was never in it!  In saying that, The St Brendan's club wasn't exactly staunch and I spent a few nights in there with my old man back in the day.  The Tweedie as you'll have known it was knocked down to make way for the big Tesco but I think they've reopened a new community hall and named it after the Tweedie.  Only Social club I can think of that kind of fits the bill there is the Rangers Club (Or the Welfare Club to give it it's proper name) not that far from the Heritage.  When did you work in Asda?  I was part time there in my last year of high school, 94-95.

Aye, Welfare Club rings a bell. I was also there in 94. Twilight shift on the floor, mainly grocery/BWS. Only left the company in 2010 but had left Linwood long before then.

21 hours ago, WCTA said:

Oh, absolutely. Should’ve tried having an ale with him. Cunt thought he was Erchie.

All good ‘keepers have that about them I think. A bit of goofyness, cockiness. 
Mind that scab John Martin fae Airdrie? A total roaster but he had a great career. 

Didn't think you'd booze with a hun!

1 hour ago, shaggycoo said:

Aye, Welfare Club rings a bell. I was also there in 94. Twilight shift on the floor, mainly grocery/BWS. Only left the company in 2010 but had left Linwood long before then.

Our paths probably crossed then.  I was in the fruit and veg bit.