Season 19/20 - Page 44 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

That statement is classic Rangers shite. There are literally dozens of words I’d use to describe their fans, exemplary certainly isn’t one. Every single paragraph could be taken apart. Don’t give them an excuse to charge us, how about stop acting like cunts you cretins?

Rangers are a poison, a cancer on society. It’s sad to see people stand idly by and wave their hands, I’m sorry, but you are part of the problem. Enablers need to look at themselves.

To say it’s a societal issue, not a football issue is ridiculous. What is society but the things we undertake in our life?

Im sorry Morelos was abused, but the vast majority of Rangers fans are absolute cretins, and abuse players, managers, fans every week. 

When Rangers died more than 7 years ago, that should've been the beginning of the end of the problem.

By this time, with no Saturday/Sunday afternoon rallying point, battles with "ra feenyins" should've been the sole preserve of pub bores with young adults wondering what the hell it was all about and not really caring why it was so important to their elders.  Another 10 years and it likely would've died out altogether with the nut-jobs on the other side of the divide also fading away as they'd have nothing to hate any more.

Instead, the SFA allowed the corpse to be dug up and misidentified as the original club, so now what we've got is not just the old obnoxious behaviour, but that same behaviour given extra fuel by a sense of grievance whereby "all youse bastirts relegated the Bears."

The solution to all this crap was right there in plain sight but the footballing authorities blew it.  There's no chance of change now.

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Seriously, gonnae actually read my post. 

I said they couldn't make the SOCIETAL change. Of course there is stuff the clubs can do, and regularly don't to try and move the issue away from them but they can't get rid of Orange Lodges etc. 

However the clubs are not responsible for the root issue. That's built into the twisted culture of the country. 

Nobody is asking rangers to change society, god forbid if they did. 

What we are asking is that the club stops providing a platform for people to practice bigotory on mass. 

I dont give a fuck if somebody is a horroble bigot, so long as they keep it to themselves. Which, by and large, they do. Until Rangers football club welcomes them each week and gives them a platform to engage in criminal behaviour.

We need to focus on changing behaviour first, a change of beliefs follow that.

16 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

What we are asking is that the club stops providing a platform for people to practice bigotory on mass. 

I dont give a fuck if somebody is a horroble bigot, so long as they keep it to themselves. Which, by and large, they do. Until Rangers football club welcomes them each week and gives them a platform to engage in criminal behaviour.

Nail hit on the head.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They pander to it though and show no inclination of being at the forefront of any change.

Just saw this on Twitter. Not even a mention of the bigoted pish sung by 1000s all afternoon, seemingly the behaviour has been exemplary. Honestly defies belief. It's no wonder the fans continue to sing it as the club do fuck all about it.

Only reason they have released a statement is cos they are shit feart UEFA will do something.

I agree with you. And you're right, they are scared of UEFA. So hopefully the SFA can grow a set and use the example being set by UEFA to help force a change. 

Then again, pigs might fly. 

28 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

I understand what you are saying but if Rangers had been allowed to die and hadn't been readmitted to the league do you think these bigots would have just melted away into obscurity/silence? 

Because I don't. They would have found another focus point for their shite. It may not have been on the same scale but it would have been there and would have attracted all the scum over time. 

Rangers can and should do more but Scottish culture needs changed either first or at the same time. 

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

I agree with you. And you're right, they are scared of UEFA. So hopefully the SFA can grow a set and use the example being set by UEFA to help force a change. 

Then again, pigs might fly. 

I heard a few minutes of Sunday’s game on the radio while I was nipping out in the car.

“Fathers advice” was being belted out with add ons.

That would be enough for a UEFA sanction on its own. I’m presuming the snippet I heard was a reasonable representation of the other 85 minutes? Or every other domestic away game this season and last and the season before that....

The SFA/SPFL 100% have to look at UEFA and “grow a set” or just come out and tell them they can do what they like domestically and be done with it. 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I understand what you are saying but if Rangers had been allowed to die and hadn't been readmitted to the league do you think these bigots would have just melted away into obscurity/silence? 

Because I don't. They would have found another focus point for their shite. It may not have been on the same scale but it would have been there and would have attracted all the scum over time. 

Rangers can and should do more but Scottish culture needs changed either first or at the same time. 

I keep seeing you refer to Scottish culture

Growing up in the north east, sectarian bigotry was reserved for mutants who supported the OF and had never stepped foot in either ibrox or celtic park. Out with these selct few gumps, it practically never existed. 

any time I have encountered sectarianism its been when Celtic or Rangers play football. Even when I have visited Glasgow or the west coast I have never experienced Sectarian bigotry unless either of those clubs are playing. 

Imagine I am totally uneducated in this matter, please explain why its Scottish society that needs to change??? Everyone I know knows its wrong with the exception of OF mutants

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Nah, I just thought I'd yank your chain. Your previous incarnation showed the utter bias you have against anything Rangers related, so your opinion is always warped by that. 

It shows in your interpretation of my posts. 

Fuck all to do with bias and everything to do with your club and it’s fans as being an absolute cancer on our country. Rangers are the dog shit on Scotland’s shoe. Daviebee was right. We had a chance to get rid of you cunts but our appallingly corrupt authorities allowed you disgusting fuckers to slither on back in amongst us. Ibrox is a cauldron of filth. 

18 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Fuck all to do with bias and everything to do with your club and it’s fans as being an absolute cancer on our country. Rangers are the dog shit on Scotland’s shoe. Daviebee was right. We had a chance to get rid of you cunts but our appallingly corrupt authorities allowed you disgusting fuckers to slither on back in amongst us. Ibrox is a cauldron of filth. 

Wow

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Wow

Dinnae take his pure and utter bile to heart.  He is an utter, utter, cretin of a person.  Total sheep shagging fanny - of which there are many, I know.  Definitely not the full schilling.

Edited by Emoji

2 hours ago, Emoji said:

Dinnae take his pure and utter bile to heart.  He is an utter, utter, cretin of a person.  Total sheep shagging fanny - of which there are many, I know.  Definitely not the full schilling.

Are you Austrian?

I love it when folk try to gob off and make a cunt of it. I'd suggest that you, now, are the fanny. 

10 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You mean that isn't true?

Cheeky cunt. 😂👍

While I mind, my Wife’s company is on the verge of being bought by a bigger outfit. Wabtec they are called. That outfit She has discovered, has a branch in Kilmarnock. She looks at every angle possible to move to Scotland. Nips my napper constantly about it. She might get her wish after all.
I might get a season ticket next to you at Rugby Park. After all, I do have a stand named after me there. 😄

Edited by WCTA

16 minutes ago, WCTA said:

While I mind, my Wife’s company is on the verge of being bought by a bigger outfit. Wabtec they are called. That outfit She has discovered, has a branch in Kilmarnock. She looks at every angle possible to move to Scotland. Nips my napper constantly about it. She might get her wish after all.

Is living in America a bit shit then? When I was a lad the thought of a green card was willy wonka's golden ticket but it does seem to not be the case anymore. It seems to be a bit soulless as a place to stay and yanks personally are the same. People say it is difficult to make real friends. Had a relative who had lived out there for yonks recently return and he has had not a good word to say about working with Americans. The guy is pretty wealthy from it all but binned it due to escalating health care costs of his kids who have aspergers syndrome or whatever it is. Paying silly money every month...

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

Is living in America a bit shit then? When I was a lad the thought of a green card was willy wonka's golden ticket but it does seem to not be the case anymore. It seems to be a bit soulless as a place to stay and yanks personally are the same. People say it is difficult to make real friends. Had a relative who had lived out there for yonks recently return and he has had not a good word to say about working with Americans. The guy is pretty wealthy from it all but binned it due to escalating health care costs of his kids who have aspergers syndrome or whatever it is. Paying silly money every month...

I cannae stand Yanks. It’s a struggle dealing with them daily. The level of ignorance is astounding. Much worse than anyone can imagine. She is a Yank and She hates them too. She’s the one that has nipped at me for yonks to move to Scotland but we just couldn’t afford to financially. If I had the money supply then Scotland is where I’d always be. But if her work thing happens and She can get the same money as She gets here then we’ll come back. She’s in the freight rail business here. Scotland just isn’t a big enough place for that line of work to exist though. 

6 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I heard a few minutes of Sunday’s game on the radio while I was nipping out in the car.

“Fathers advice” was being belted out with add ons.

That would be enough for a UEFA sanction on its own. I’m presuming the snippet I heard was a reasonable representation of the other 85 minutes? Or every other domestic away game this season and last and the season before that....

The SFA/SPFL 100% have to look at UEFA and “grow a set” or just come out and tell them they can do what they like domestically and be done with it. 🤷‍♂️

It may surprise you to know I don't know the song you're talking about or the add ons. In fact I barely know the names or lyrics of any of the dodgy songs because I wasn't taught them and I haven't wanted or tried to learn them. 

So I'm not the best judge of if what was sung was dodgy. 

13 minutes ago, WCTA said:

I cannae stand Yanks. It’s a struggle dealing with them daily. The level of ignorance is astounding. Much worse than anyone can imagine. She is a Yank and She hates them too. She’s the one that has nipped at me for yonks to move to Scotland but we just couldn’t afford to financially. If I had the money supply then Scotland is where I’d always be. But if her work thing happens and She can get the same money as She gets here then we’ll come back. She’s in the freight rail business here. Scotland just isn’t a big enough place for that line of work to exist though. 

Scotland ain't no utopia neither. I keep one foot there and the other foot elsewhere. If BREXIT comes to shove and I was made to chose, I'd elect for elsewhere. Scots are far too domesticated for me. I said the same a while ago... if you want to live in an independent country in your lifetime... move to one.

8 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I keep seeing you refer to Scottish culture

Growing up in the north east, sectarian bigotry was reserved for mutants who supported the OF and had never stepped foot in either ibrox or celtic park. Out with these selct few gumps, it practically never existed. 

any time I have encountered sectarianism its been when Celtic or Rangers play football. Even when I have visited Glasgow or the west coast I have never experienced Sectarian bigotry unless either of those clubs are playing. 

Imagine I am totally uneducated in this matter, please explain why its Scottish society that needs to change??? Everyone I know knows its wrong with the exception of OF mutants

I was born and brought up in Linwood on the outskirts of Glasgow. We had Orange walks, a lodge and a Rangers Supporters Club all in that wee village. There was also a Masonic Lodge too. 

The Orange Lodge membership were not all Rangers fans, in fact I know of a few that weren't into football at all and one that was a Thistle fan. Almost all Orange men were members of the Rangers supporters club though as it meant they had 2 cheap places to drink. 

I didn't go to a lot of games in my youth and the vast majority of the bigotry I saw was just in the village itself. 

My mother worked in the Rangers Supporters club and that's how I knew so many of the folk. The vast majority would probably fit the 90 minute bigot scenario apart from the fact that their bias probably also influenced all sorts of other parts of their lives. In particular one mad halfwit that was supposedly nice as anything but when he'd had a drink was basically Iain Paisley on Speed. 

Interestingly the Orange Lodge went bust first followed by the supporters club. As far as I know, the Masons are still going. 

The long and short of it is my experience is very different from yours. 

8 hours ago, WCTA said:

Get off the fence and say what you mean. 😂

As I said your opinion is set and absolutely nothing will change it. Even if Rangers became a Catholics only club you'd stick to your diatribe.