Season 19/20 - Page 41 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

10 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Hundreds, probably thousands were belting out sectarianism early in the same game, that is surely a bigger issue?

Of course it is, but the SFA are scared to do anything about it, the police are spineless cunts, and the club in question actively encourage it.

Sadly things have got worse recently, various factors have seen to this, their club being liquidated, the No vote in the Scottish referendum, and the racist Leave vote in the EU Referendum. The lowlifes genuinely believe they are the people, despite them barely being human. 

Still, the Ibrox bank balance must come ahead of basic humanity. 

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Of course it is, but the SFA are scared to do anything about it, the police are spineless cunts, and the club in question actively encourage it.

Sadly things have got worse recently, various factors have seen to this, their club being liquidated, the No vote in the Scottish referendum, and the racist Leave vote in the EU Referendum. The lowlifes genuinely believe they are the people, despite them barely being human. 

Still, the Ibrox bank balance must come ahead of basic humanity. 

Kenny Miller talking about how a club could walk off the pitch if racism doesn’t stop in the very near future in Scottish football. 

How about talking about how a team should walk off of their catholic or Protestant team mate gets upset because a few thousand scumbags are belting out the party anthems?

But we can’t talk about that, this country and how it’s portrayed by the media is a fucking joke. 

16 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Kenny Miller talking about how a club could walk off the pitch if racism doesn’t stop in the very near future in Scottish football. 

How about talking about how a team should walk off of their catholic or Protestant team mate gets upset because a few thousand scumbags are belting out the party anthems?

But we can’t talk about that, this country and how it’s portrayed by the media is a fucking joke. 

Did you hear Derek Johnstone and Billy Dodd's utterly pathetic "excuses" for Rangers orange away shirt a month or two back ?

In fact their peculiar tone actually left me thinking that Johnstone and Dodds very much enjoyed the whole sash bash, GSTQ, 1690 scene. 

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Spot on. 

We need to get rid of this idea of a 90 minute bigot, and also the notion that its a small minority. If you call someone a black bastard or the n word, you will rightly be lifted and charged, but fenian bastard is both OK, and widely ignored.

Its bollocks, its utterly pathetic. Everyone in the game can get behind the anti racism stuff, but we all know that the vast majority of pundits, players and journalists don't seriously question sectarianism out of both self interest and acceptance.

The incidences of racism in our game on an average week must be between 0-5, theres probably shouts that go unheard or ignored across the country, it would be folly to say its 0 most weeks. The number of sectarian incidents will number anywhere from 2000 to 35000, depending on fixtures.

Points deductions, stadium closures & massive fines need to be introduced. The clubs are against strict liability out of nothing but sheer self interest, which is ridiculous. Do we introduce racism laws in general society, but people can say, nah, Im not signing up to that, of course not. We also need the police to arrest people in significant numbers, in addition to jail time or fines, the guilty people should be required to sign in at a police station at 4pm each Saturday, or whenever a game is played.

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Did you hear Derek Johnstone and Billy Dodd's utterly pathetic "excuses" for Rangers orange away shirt a month or two back ?

In fact their peculiar tone actually left me thinking that Johnstone and Dodds very much enjoyed the whole sash bash, GSTQ, 1690 scene. 

Wasn't it Derek Ferguson?

Michael Stewart was the only one with the intelligence, integrity or balls to call them out on it, while the other two were a couple of morons who spoke utter shite.

5 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Spot on. 

We need to get rid of this idea of a 90 minute bigot, and also the notion that its a small minority. If you call someone a black bastard or the n word, you will rightly be lifted and charged, but fenian bastard is both OK, and widely ignored.

Its bollocks, its utterly pathetic. Everyone in the game can get behind the anti racism stuff, but we all know that the vast majority of pundits, players and journalists don't seriously question sectarianism out of both self interest and acceptance.

The incidences of racism in our game on an average week must be between 0-5, theres probably shouts that go unheard or ignored across the country, it would be folly to say its 0 most weeks. The number of sectarian incidents will number anywhere from 2000 to 35000, depending on fixtures.

Points deductions, stadium closures & massive fines need to be introduced. The clubs are against strict liability out of nothing but sheer self interest, which is ridiculous. Do we introduce racism laws in general society, but people can say, nah, Im not signing up to that, of course not. We also need the police to arrest people in significant numbers, in addition to jail time or fines, the guilty people should be required to sign in at a police station at 4pm each Saturday, or whenever a game is played.

Spot on. 

Unbelievable how quickly we will jump to solve something that is barely an issue, while refusing to do fuck all about the things that matter most. 

Spineless.

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Michael Stewart was the only one with the intelligence, integrity or balls to call them out on it, while the other two were a couple of morons who spoke utter shite.

I heard Derek Ferguson; off the back of Bulgaria v England, address sectarianism the other week, and admirably held his hands up to joining in the songs etc. In the past.

He does a lot of work with kick it out I think it is, going into schools etc. to try and educate kids.

If you want a chuckle, his wee brothers take on it in last weeks record (?) was laughable, talking about taking his team off the park. 😱😂

He’d have had to take them off every away game if he extended it to sectarianism.

I don’t think anyone wants to sweep racism under the carpet here, but I think in Scottish football it’s not a big issue, and any incidents I can remember have focused on individuals or very small groups rather than entire stands. If you were to compare racism in the 80s To now and sectarianism I think we’ve made far more progress on racism.

18 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Rangers might be a lot better this season as the media assures us, I can only go by the two games I’ve seen. An OF game in which they were absolutely rotten and completely outplayed. And yesterday, in which they again looked ordinary, while a lot of average players struggled to create much of anything against a team that is 10th in the league. Maybe I’ve just seen them on a couple of bad days of course, I concede that’s possible

Indeed. I was shocked to discover that Rangers hadnt  won the league already - as it certainly seemed that way from observing the frothing media and bed wetting celtic fans. 

Im pretty sure they won the league a number of times last season too...

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I heard Derek Ferguson; off the back of Bulgaria v England, address sectarianism the other week, and admirably held his hands up to joining in the songs etc. In the past.

He does a lot of work with kick it out I think it is, going into schools etc. to try and educate kids.

If you want a chuckle, his wee brothers take on it in last weeks record (?) was laughable, talking about taking his team off the park. 😱😂

He’d have had to take them off every away game if he extended it to sectarianism.

I don’t think anyone wants to sweep racism under the carpet here, but I think in Scottish football it’s not a big issue, and any incidents I can remember have focused on individuals or very small groups rather than entire stands. If you were to compare racism in the 80s To now and sectarianism I think we’ve made far more progress on racism.

I listen to the BBC podcast, both the piece that Ersatz, and yourself bring up. He came across both as an twat, and then not too bad, but he believes orange tops are insignificant, and that RFC are doing the absolute most that they can, and for that, he is clearly a fucking idiot. These people might be doing a decent job in regards to racism, but are miles off when it comes to the actual problem.

26 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Now that you mention it I think your right, it was Derek Ferguson.

Was disappointed in Billy Dodds. Really didn't expect him to be sympathetic to all that loyalist shite but I sadly got the impression that to some extent he is.

Funny thing is, when Michael Stewart was a player for Hibs and Hearts - he often came across as being a fanny on the pitch. Ten years ago I'd never for one moment have believed him to be such an articulate, intelligent individual that he actually is. I wonder who else is like that ?

I'd love to see a team walk off the park during a game against Rangers for being subjected to the songbook. 

The SFA don't give a fuck, making a statement like that would force Uefa etc to get involved and put pressure on them to tackle the problem properly. Deduct them points at the same time. 

3 hours ago, kumnio said:

Spot on. 

I totally agree with you. And the 90 minute bigot thing could surely be used as an excuse for any racism too, which shows how stupid it is as an excuse. 

The Police can help by nicking and prosecuting even just a few of the rockets every week. Publicly shaming them should also be used. Let's have their names and pictures published nationally and see if their employers are happy with their behaviour. 

I don't actually think it's something the clubs can do that much about themselves as it's a far wider societal issue. 

Unless we sort out the bigotry built into the Scottish culture anything the clubs do will fail. 

11 hours ago, Farcity said:

When you consistently don't apply the rules im not sure what else you can call it. 

So you think the refs favour the OF then? 

Because I can provide a multitude of examples where they haven't favoured Rangers. 

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I totally agree with you. And the 90 minute bigot thing could surely be used as an excuse for any racism too, which shows how stupid it is as an excuse. 

The Police can help by nicking and prosecuting even just a few of the rockets every week. Publicly shaming them should also be used. Let's have their names and pictures published nationally and see if their employers are happy with their behaviour. 

I don't actually think it's something the clubs can do that much about themselves as it's a far wider societal issue. 

Unless we sort out the bigotry built into the Scottish culture anything the clubs do will fail. 

True to form. As Renfrew as Renfrew can be. 😂😂😂

28 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Because I can provide a multitude of examples where they haven't favoured Rangers. 

I’m sure we could collectively catalogue a lot more times they did.

Old firm derbies are refereed differently from any other games. That’s a fact, and it’s unfair on other teams.

Referees are also weak, so they tend to favour the big clubs, be that being influenced by the big crowd, or worrying about the consequences of making mistakes. They regularly bottle making decisions in games involving both sides.

31 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Ehm yes. Yes they do. I don't even think that is up for discussion. 

34 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

But they could start by not actively encouraging and promoting it.

36 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You don't think the club's can do much about it? 

Your own club openly embraces it for fuck sake. 

37 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Good post apart from the highlighted part, which is entirely wrong, and simply passing the buck.

5 minutes ago, Farcity said:

You don't think the club's can do much about it? 

Your own club openly embraces it for fuck sake. 

Renfrew will now come on and say some pish like “I deplore all sectarianism and these muppets need dealt with” but then about an hour later he’ll come away with the cack about Rangers being unable to do anymore to help combat it. 

It’s the same shite day in day out. The good guy post first then comes the whataboutery skitters after from him. 🤦‍♂️

The clubs don’t have the stomach for trying to eradicate it, obviously this extends to the SFA and the media as well. 

Not sure to what extent the police should get involved when it’s (only) songs but there is a level of hypocrisy between how sectarianism is ignored compared with racism. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The clubs can’t change the people but they can stop them attending games. 

If, for example, Motherwell were to walk off the park on Sunday, then Ross County next week and so on then something will have to happen. They would have no option but to act. 

It's not a case of if it happens, these thousands of scumbags can't help themselves and the dumbfucks would continue even if it meant the loss of three points every week. 

I think most supporters of the other teams would fully support their club if they were to take this kinda stance.