Season 19/20 - Page 39 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

20 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

BlueGaz.

Image result for angry rangers fan

I have Renfrew down as that older chap that plays the bairn’s keyboard thingy whilst singing We Don’t Do Walking Away. Whereas Fairbairn I think would be one of the very few normal Huns with a full set of teeth and a bit of decent chat about him. 😄

48 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Hearts played OK today. No more than that, but deserved at least the draw. Rangers look to have spunked  millions on a bunch of bang average journeymen. Again.

In that starting team only Katic (1-1.5 mil), Goldson (3 mil I think?), Barisic (1.5-2 mil) and Morelos (1 mil) cost more than 300k.

Our other players not starting today.

Kent 6.5 mil (I do think we overpaid)

Murphy 1 mil

Helander 3 mil (not been impressed so far)

Edmundson 600k

Grezda 2 mil (now that was a fucking waste of money)

The rest where all frees or nominal fees.

While we've spent a bit, the team has improved and truthfully you can't judge players based on one or 2 games.

26 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

In that starting team only Katic (1-1.5 mil), Goldson (3 mil I think?), Barisic (1.5-2 mil) and Morelos (1 mil) cost more than 300k.

Murphy 1 mil

Edmundson 600k

While we've spent a bit, the team has improved and truthfully you can't judge players based on one or 2 games.

That's still an alarming amount of money spent by a team with such fragile finances.

2 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Murphy 1 mil

Edmundson 600k

You paid 3m for Goldson. Really? Almost any other club I’d think that couldn’t be true. Taking account of signing fees and wages, extraordinary amount of money wasted on an ordinary squad of players.

Edited by Pool Q

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

That's still an alarming amount of money spent by a team with such fragile finances.

It is but we've made over 22 million from our European runs over the last 2 years and Kent was funded with a 7 million share Issue.

These are similar amounts to what we spent the season before under Pedro without any European football, it will be interesting to see how the finances look for the 18/19 season next month. I think it will still be a loss but probably not as bad as the year before.

28 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

You paid 3m for Goldson. Really? Almost any other club I’d think that couldn’t be true. Taking account of signing fees and wages, extraordinary amount of money wasted on an ordinary squad of players.

I mean the squad is far superior to what it was 2 years ago. The season before Gerrard we where getting knocked out of Europe by pub teams, now we are making it to the group stages regularly and giving half decent teams a game. Obviously with a few, i feel we've over paid, but the truth is, it is the market we live in now. We are competing with championship teams, European teams for these players and most of them can outspend us

13 hours ago, WCTA said:

I have Renfrew down as that older chap that plays the bairn’s keyboard thingy whilst singing We Don’t Do Walking Away. Whereas Fairbairn I think would be one of the very few normal Huns with a full set of teeth and a bit of decent chat about him. 😄

Don’t let my online persona fool you. I’m a right khunt in real life. 

On 10/19/2019 at 7:07 PM, Mox said:

We were excellent today, it could have been 6 at half time. In saying that Ross County played some good stuff in the first half and then fell apart. Gardyne had Frimpong on toast in the first half but seco d half the young man played very well.

I'll keep repeating it but Edouard is the best we've had since Larsson, he's absolutely magnificent.

Frimpong was excellent in the 2nd half.

There will be bids for Edouard in January.  If I was at Man Utd, I'd be looking at him very closely.

Bayo is not going to be good enough.  

23 hours ago, WCTA said:

Can't believe I missed this post yesterday. Older chap, ya cheeky whippersnapper? I'll box yer ears. 

You've pretty much got me 100% wrong. I don't and can't sing (court injunction prohibits it) and I can't play any musical instruments at all. That's my sons thing. 

And I've already walked away. I can't be arsed with Ibrox at the minute. 

But it was really close other than that...   

2 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Rules are rules. Laws are laws. Both Morelos and the alleged racist(if found guilty) should be dealt with accordingly. 

I agree but the ref was hopeless yesterday. He let the Ikpeazu foul at will in the first 45 but booked him for bugger all in the second half. 

Tavernier was booked for being fouled. Although I'd have booked him for being total shite earlier on. 

All of that pales into insignificance with the resurgence of racism and bigotry at the football.