Season 19/20 - Page 37 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, Redz said:

Of course it isn't

These 'expectations' never ever come from Aberdeen fans

I expect to be aiming to win the league and both cups. It’s unrealistic, but if we’re not starting the season to be the beat we can, then we are as well packing up and going home. 

People saying that we’re aiming for 3rd place and hopefully a semi or final really piss me off. 

Unfortunately, that’s all we hear coming from pittodrie, so we know exactly what the ambition is, to fail, but be a better failure than most of the others. 

5 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

If rangers get to the League cup final, it is something like 7 away games out of our next 8 league games. The Ross county game would be rearranged, if we make it.

What ever happened to the good old days of one at home, then one away and so on. The random generated fixture list, just makes a convoluted mess.

The “fixture computer” throws up some strange anomalies...

😂

Yet Rangers have never had to play Celtic away 3 times or vice versa. 🤷‍♂️

At least they’ll all be in the telly... 👍🏻

On 10/8/2019 at 7:17 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Coming soon to a Scottish football club near you .............

Image result for jack ross

Sacked today by Sunderland.

Any jobs in Scotland that he might soon be linked with ?

Aye, probably.

Although his Sunderland sacking I felt was incredibly harsh. They got to two finals last year - albeit lost them both - and hadn't started amazingly well this year ; they are 6th and only 3 wins away from top spot. Surely they should have given him til Christmas to see how it was going.

Ipswich are storming that league under Paul Lambert. He goes - a bit like Paul Hartley - from either being really successful to shite to shite to shite to successful it seems.

Regarding Alessio, there's definitely a cliquey element from the BBC Scotland types.

Compared to McInnes and Levein too. Levein even more so, he's filled his squad with absolute bog standard foreign players who are probably not even that much better than the youngsters or squad available. McInnes and Levein signing some amount of shite. Think the only one who openly is critical of Levein is Michael Stewart.

Willie Miller who was saying you can't sack McLeish after a year or so in charge, yet he said Alessio should go after 4 games? And the irony of some of these pundits commentating on his level of English.

Alessio after a tough start, has certainly turned it around. It seems from the outside looking in, Killie are missing a clinical goal scorer.

Edited by weekevie04

On 10/8/2019 at 8:17 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Coming soon to a Scottish football club near you .............

Image result for jack ross

Sacked today by Sunderland.

Any jobs in Scotland that he might soon be linked with ?

Dundee could be looking for a manager soon. Doubt they can afford him though?

6 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Aye, probably.

Although his Sunderland sacking I felt was incredibly harsh. They got to two finals last year - albeit lost them both - and hadn't started amazingly well this year ; they are 6th and only 3 wins away from top spot. Surely they should have given him til Christmas to see how it was going.

Ipswich are storming that league under Paul Lambert. He goes - a bit like Paul Hartley - from either being really successful to shite to shite to shite to successful it seems.

His Sunderland teams drew far too many games. Their defence was as leaky as Scotland's.

Sunderland's budget I think is the biggest for any club in that division, so the manager there has to be winning week after week in League One.

The big complaint from the Sunderland supporters online is that Ross didn't have a "Plan B" and was far too loyal to certain players.

That said many were impressed with his post sacking interview where he accepted the decision, didn't moan about it, graciously praised the supporters and wished the team all the best for the future. 

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

His Sunderland teams drew far too many games. Their defence was as leaky as Scotland's.

Sunderland's budget I think is the biggest for any club in that division, so the manager there has to be winning week after week in League One.

The big complaint from the Sunderland supporters online is that Ross didn't have a "Plan B" and was far too loyal to certain players.

That said many were impressed with his post sacking interview where he accepted the decision, didn't moan about it, graciously praised the supporters and wished the team all the best for the future. 

Well they’re gonna fucking love Mcinnes then 🤣🤣

23 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Dundee could be looking for a manager soon. Doubt they can afford him though?

McPake has just been charged with nutting a random in a boozer. Judging by the way serial Ned McGowan was treated by the Dees after multiple charges and court cases, McPake probably has a job for life 👍

19 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

McPake has just been charged with nutting a random in a boozer. Judging by the way serial Ned McGowan was treated by the Dees after multiple charges and court cases, McPake probably has a job for life 👍

I was reading ex Saints player Gary Irvine was involved also. Did McPake nut him or were they both together attacking someone else?

Busy, busy day today with one son playing in the Spiegeltent in Paisley, AA nephews 21st and my friend has passed me his tickets for the St Mirren game as he's in Florida. So youngest wants to do that and sod the rest! 😂

Might need an early night to recover. 😴

41 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Busy, busy day today with one son playing in the Spiegeltent in Paisley, AA nephews 21st and my friend has passed me his tickets for the St Mirren game as he's in Florida. So youngest wants to do that and sod the rest! 😂

Might need an early night to recover. 😴

I’m playing father & son today against a bunch of 10 year old whippets. 

Ive already claimed the sweeper role and I tend shoving anyone that intends taking me on off the ball 🤣

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Ive already claimed the sweeper role and I tend shoving anyone that intends taking me on off the ball 🤣

St Johns Ambulance on stand by I presume?

Edited by Mox

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Good luck with that. I've got another 2 weeks before any running again, so I'd be a lamppost in a game like that. 😂