Season 19/20 - Page 36 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

There were umpteen articles of the same ilk, not to mention the gimps on Sportsound like Gordon, Miller, Preston etc giving it the same shite.

If I can be arsed tonight i'll find some more articles.

Scottish Media is xenophobic, especially when it comes to foreign managers who don't fit into their wee cliques. Exactly why Levein is being given an easy ride and so will Mcinnes if Aberdeen's form continues.

Agree with this. ‘Johhny Foreigner’ is usually looked on with utter disdain. Quite surprising as I can guarantee these half wits will have usually have no idea of their background or pedigree.

Its a mixture of being totally fucking stupid and casual racists/xenophobes

3 hours ago, Debian said:

Kevin Harper got the Albion Rovers gig and there's also ex Aberdeen player Phil McGuire who also is a wife beater.  

Neither of whom were wheeled out to great rapture at any of their former clubs and treated like heroes returning home. 

21 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Rumours that Griff is done. Contract getting ripped up. Hope it’s untrue however it wouldn’t surprise me at all. 

Why wouldn't it surprise you? What's hes been up to?

20 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Rumours that Griff is done. Contract getting ripped up. Hope it’s untrue however it wouldn’t surprise me at all. 

I assume if that's the case it would be a mental issue as he looked decent fitness/sharpness wise at the start of the season?

50 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Saw something on twitter that looked like a rehashed version of the story’s from the end of last season.

Suspect it’s bollocks, but wouldn’t be surprised either way.

56 minutes ago, macy37 said:

It'll be made up shite.

Probably as reliable as your source about Del Boy taking the Huns job and Gary Holt getting interviewed for the Killie one!

Edited by Squirrelhumper

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It'll be made up shite.

Probably as reliable as your source about Del Boy taking the Huns job and Gary Holt getting interviewed for the Killie one!

Hopefully. From a selfish point of view Scotland needs a fully fit Griffiths. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The expectations of always being in the top 2 or 3 and of challenging for a trophy every season. 

Surely it isn't overly ambitious of Aberdeen fans to want to achieve this?  I'd expect 7 or 8 teams in the SPFL to have these ambitions....

7 hours ago, macy37 said:

I seen a WhatsApp message last night saying he had trashed the dressing room and fell out with Lennon. The source was apparently a youth  coach who told someone’s gaffer, who told his worker, who told his pals on the group chat for “Magaluf 2020”

Oh and the coach is also for Ryan’s wee niece, who plays for Celtic, I’m not sure why that part is relevant, but I guess we all know it’s a 100% legitimate source. 

15 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I seen a WhatsApp message last night saying he had trashed the dressing room and fell out with Lennon. The source was apparently a youth  coach who told someone’s gaffer, who told his worker, who told his pals on the group chat for “Magaluf 2020”

Oh and the coach is also for Ryan’s wee niece, who plays for Celtic, I’m not sure why that part is relevant, but I guess we all know it’s a 100% legitimate source. 

Ha, Griffiths posting pics from the Gym at Lennoxtown earlier so looks like Macy's sources are on the ball as per.

10 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Coming soon to a Scottish football club near you .............

Image result for jack ross

Sacked today by Sunderland.

Any jobs in Scotland that he might soon be linked with ?

Aberdeen.

Edit: Or bloody us in fact! 🙈

Edited by WCTA

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

Time for Wright to go ?

It’s been time for a while. Many calls for it last season and while I think he’s a good manager, things have just become really stale at McD. That’s bugger all tae dae wae the harvest season either afore Mr. Dunn or Kumnio comment. 😄

On 10/7/2019 at 1:12 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

There were umpteen articles of the same ilk, not to mention the gimps on Sportsound like Gordon, Miller, Preston etc giving it the same shite.

If I can be arsed tonight i'll find some more articles.

Scottish Media is xenophobic, especially when it comes to foreign managers who don't fit into their wee cliques. Exactly why Levein is being given an easy ride and so will Mcinnes if Aberdeen's form continues.

Spot on, it's been the case for years.

6 hours ago, slasher said:

Griffiths will be back shortly. We need him back doing what Defoe does for the huns.... and so do Scotland 👍

I'd let him go to be frank. He's nowhere near the level of Edouard and Bayo looks decent, I see no reason to keep a nearly 30 year old striker as a third choice.

I've never been his biggest fan but he's been part and contributed to an amazing period of success, so pay up his contract and let him walk.

8 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Surely it isn't overly ambitious of Aberdeen fans to want to achieve this?  I'd expect 7 or 8 teams in the SPFL to have these ambitions....

Of course it isn't

These 'expectations' never ever come from Aberdeen fans

11 minutes ago, WCTA said:

It’s been time for a while. Many calls for it last season and while I think he’s a good manager, things have just become really stale at McD. That’s bugger all tae dae wae the harvest season either afore Mr. Dunn or Kumnio comment. 😄

The auld Massey-Ferguson ain't what it used to be ....

Image result for massey ferguson