Season 19/20 - Page 35 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, Farcity said:

Most of them are cunts, I agree. All this "we" and ending correspondence with YNWA and coming out with "Manc scum". Cringeworthy.

It's a team who play in a foreign league for fuck sake and the majority of them have never been to a game in their life. 

Cunts. 

So similar to Celtic fans using YNWA or HH then? Or calling themselves Bhoys? 

Or Rangers fans with WATP and calling themselves Bears? 

Or Aberdeen fans with their Stand Free and their over ambitious expectations? 

Or basically any football fan group essentially. 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Was all a bit tongue in cheek. I’d say the fact we can lose at home to Ross County is an indicator of how little their is between 3rd-12th in league. We’ve ground out a couple of wins already, but winning these scrappy games is why Motherwell and St Mirren are where they are.

I’ve not seen a lot of Maguire, but he’s been good anytime he’s been brought in. Certainly not looked out his depth.

James Scott looks like he could do well, has all the attributes and enough ability to make it. Has actually been doing really well since he was put out wide.

*times

😜

Yeah, be interesting to see where we are at the end of October, we’ve got Aberdeen (h), Rangers (a) then Killie (h) could easily take 6 points from those three, but equally take none...

I watched Rangers v Livi and think Devante Cole can get at the Rangers centre halves.

Aberdeen will get better, and Killie are obviously very hard to beat....

Any direct and quick striker can get at our CBs. 

The trick is to get enough midfield possession to create the chances. 

We've dominated the midfield against everybody bar Celtic this season and the results speak for themselves. 

12 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Are Barry Maguire and James Scott worth keeping an eye on ?

James Scott is going to be a smashing player.   He has everything, but needs to be more ruthless(greedy) in front of goal which will come. 

I've seen Maguire seamlessly alternate between centre half and defensive mid since he broke through at reserve/U20 level.  Certainly the manager sees him in the def mid role for the first team as he is a terrific footballer, but maybe just a bit slight for centre half.   

Both are excellent footballers with another batch of promising youngsters waiting in the wings at Fir Park.

Edited by BremnerLorimerGray

10 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

No, not at all. They are a club that competes in a foreign league, not the same at all. 

13 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Ambitious expectations. One of the staple ambitions I have for my team is not having fellow supporters stand and pay homage to wife beaters. That's always been a minimum standard of mine. 

8 minutes ago, BremnerLorimerGray said:

Both are excellent footballers with another batch of promising youngsters waiting in the wings at Fir Park.

There’s still a bit of debate over whether it’s by luck or design, but Robinson has done a great job of gradually introducing all these boys into the 1st team.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We're a Greg Stewart away from being a better team than last year IMO.

Goals are a problem as we can't keep Brophy fit but we rarely look like conceding. We've had 7 clean sheets in our last 8 games.

I reckon we'll be top 6 but getting a striker in Jan will make or break whether we can push for Europe.

Fans are 100% behind the manager though - the xenophobic Scottish press have created a real siege mentality both on and off the pitch. Would be lying if I said I'm not enjoying it!

Missed Tynecastle at the weekend as I was on holiday but just under 1,000 away fans paying £29 a ticket shows the fans are right behind him.

Whats been said in the scottish press? I haven't been paying much attention over the last few weeks

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Whats been said in the scottish press? I haven't been paying much attention over the last few weeks

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kirk-broadfoot-savages-angelo-alessios-19390017

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17878785.outcast-greg-kiltie-refuses-39-rot-39-angelo-alessio-kilmarnock/ (AA played him a lot more than SC did)

Just a couple of examples.

There was an article by Gordon Parks who said he should be sacked after 3 games into the season!

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

So a couple of disgruntled players who were not part of his plans and one journalist, I am not saying you shouldn't enjoy ramming their words down their throat but to say the "xenophobic" scottish press is a bit harsh.

anyway, all the best to Killie now that Kris Boyd is not with you 🤣

32 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

So a couple of disgruntled players who were not part of his plans and one journalist, I am not saying you shouldn't enjoy ramming their words down their throat but to say the "xenophobic" scottish press is a bit harsh.

There were umpteen articles of the same ilk, not to mention the gimps on Sportsound like Gordon, Miller, Preston etc giving it the same shite.

If I can be arsed tonight i'll find some more articles.

Scottish Media is xenophobic, especially when it comes to foreign managers who don't fit into their wee cliques. Exactly why Levein is being given an easy ride and so will Mcinnes if Aberdeen's form continues.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

59 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

There were umpteen articles of the same ilk, not to mention the gimps on Sportsound like Gordon, Miller, Preston etc giving it the same shite.

If I can be arsed tonight i'll find some more articles.

Scottish Media is xenophobic, especially when it comes to foreign managers who don't fit into their wee cliques. Exactly why Levein is being given an easy ride and so will Mcinnes if Aberdeen's form continues.

Most if not all ex players will back managers like levein. Kenny miller is the worst, his default position is always to give a manager under pressure more time.

I'd be surprised if Richard gordon had an issue with a foreign coach but not surprised with ex players. 

15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'd be surprised if Richard gordon had an issue with a foreign coach but not surprised with ex players. 

There was one programme in particular when he laying into AA, can't remember when. Think it was after we'd lost to Hamilton.

Anyway, hopefully he's a success. Seems a cracking guy with the right ideas. He's coached at the top with guys like Pirlo singing his praises so i'll not lose too much sleep over what Allan Preston says.

Doubt Preston will ever manage this mob!

Image result for angelo alessio juve pirlo

2 hours ago, Farcity said:

No, not at all. They are a club that competes in a foreign league, not the same at all. 

So you're talking about Scottish Liverpool "supporters" then? 

I thought you meant all Liverpool fans. Now you've clarified that you can widen that to everyone that supports a foreign team. 

I used to look for the Liverpool results when I was a boy because of the Scottish players. Stopped when they stopped having Scots in the team, but never supported them. 

I have looked for loads of teams results over the years, normally because there's a player at the club I really like but that is about it. 

2 hours ago, Farcity said:

Ambitious expectations. One of the staple ambitions I have for my team is not having fellow supporters stand and pay homage to wife beaters. That's always been a minimum standard of mine. 

I totally agree. Wife beaters are utter cunts and normally pathetic wee cowardly bullies. I'd happily cut their knackers off as punishment. 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Wouldn't say you dominated the midfield vs us.

Aye but we have different coloured specs on. 😉

To be fair, I can't remember that much about that game. More than a couple of days and my memory is buggered these days. 🤔

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Kirk Broadfoot said the training was rubbish. All about tactics and other foreign nonsense.

"Whit's this new Killie manager ken aboot Scottish fitba eh ? Has he ever played away to St Mirren on a pishing wet Tuesday night ? Naw, but I huv !" 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Not get them to do the half time draw?

😂

Nope. I wouldn't have had him in the door.

He may have mental health issues but I don't think parading him at half time is a sensible thing to do. 

I also suspect that he's not the only wife beater to be held in high regard by his clubs general support. Obviously Jinky Johnstone springs to mind but he won't be the only one. Most will have gone undetected unfortunately.