Season 19/20 - Page 34 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

24 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

It is becoming increasingly obvious why Celtic fans felt like the wind had been taken right out of their sails on the day the treble treble was secured and why Rangers fans were boosted on the same day.

On a day in which Celtic fans should’ve been over the moon and Rangers fans hiding from the world, only the Celtic board could’ve created the opposite feeling for both.

I said it then and I will repeat it now - Celtic will not win ten in a row with Lennon at the helm. Whether it is it’s season (very possibly and looking increasingly more likely each week in my opinion) or next, Rangers will win the title.

And it won’t be genius management from Gerrard or wondrous decision making by King that will be the chief cause. That will be the reserve of the Celtic board.

Its plain for all to see.

Not that I'm not enjoying the last couple of weeks but what makes you think this? 

After all he did beat Rangers this season at Ibrox, something Rodgers failed to do last season and he's doing OK so far in Europe bar the one game. 

12 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Not that I'm not enjoying the last couple of weeks but what makes you think this? 

After all he did beat Rangers this season at Ibrox, something Rodgers failed to do last season and he's doing OK so far in Europe bar the one game. 

I just don’t think he’s a very good manager and without suggesting Rodgers was some kind of Guardiola figure, Lennon is without doubt a step down the way. He’s tactically naive and his man management is less than stellar.

It was clear back in May that when Celtic won the Cup and the bar I was in (when the local CSC meet) was bouncing then when the news came through it took seconds for the place to become as flat as a witch’s tit. Something which, as I understand it, was repeated in Celtic bars up and down the country. In addition most Rangers fans I am friendly with were pretty happy and immediately feeling confident about the forthcoming season.

There must be a reason for that and for me the appointment was made in the same vein as that of Solskjaer at Man Utd - knee jerk and made with emotion rather than with the head.

The board made a massive mistake appointing Lennon and the GB banner about gambling 10IAR to save a few quid was spot on.

44 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

It is becoming increasingly obvious why Celtic fans felt like the wind had been taken right out of their sails on the day the treble treble was secured and why Rangers fans were boosted on the same day.

On a day in which Celtic fans should’ve been over the moon and Rangers fans hiding from the world, only the Celtic board could’ve created the opposite feeling for both.

I said it then and I will repeat it now - Celtic will not win ten in a row with Lennon at the helm. Whether it is it’s season (very possibly and looking increasingly more likely each week in my opinion) or next, Rangers will win the title.

And it won’t be genius management from Gerrard or wondrous decision making by King that will be the chief cause. That will be the reserve of the Celtic board.

Its plain for all to see.

Celtic are laying down and don’t want 10 in a row. At the board level I would consider rangers and Celtic as the same entity. One hand washes the other. The appointment of Lennon told you this. Rangers winning the league is good for the independence movement. So let’s hope they win it and 9 more.

1 minute ago, DaveyDenoon said:

I just don’t think he’s a very good manager and without suggesting Rodgers was some kind of Guardiola figure, Lennon is without doubt a step down the way. He’s tactically naive and his man management is less than stellar.

It was clear back in May that when Celtic won the Cup and the bar I was in (when the local CSC meet) was bouncing then when the news came through it took seconds for the place to become as flat as a witch’s tit. Something which, as I understand it, was repeated in Celtic bars up and down the country. In addition most Rangers fans I am friendly with were pretty happy and immediately feeling confident about the forthcoming season.

There must be a reason for that and for me the appointment was made in the same vein as that of Solskjaer at Man Utd - knee jerk and made with emotion rather than with the head.

The board made a massive mistake appointing Lennon and the GB banner about gambling 10IAR to save a few quid was spot on.

That made me laugh. 

Lennon has good players at his disposal and they will cover up his inability as a manager more often than no, particularly in the league. However, teams require direction and an identity, we have none of those and a decent start to the season doesn't disguise that.

We've got a striker up front who is sensational with his feet and we've spent all season lumping the ball upto him.

There's a title race on this season, make no mistake and it's primarily down to the fact we are being managed by a complete fucking idiot and it will all come to a head at some point this season.

1 minute ago, Mox said:

Lennon has good players at his disposal and they will cover up his inability as a manager more often than no, particularly in the league. However, teams require direction and an identity, we have none of those and a decent start to the season doesn't disguise that.

We've got a striker up front who is sensational with his feet and we've spent all season lumping the ball upto him.

There's a title race on this season, make no mistake and it's primarily down to the fact we are being managed by a complete fucking idiot and it will all come to a head at some point this season.

You’ve hit the nail on the head.

If we get 9 it’ll be despite Lennon not because of him. We won’t get 10.

As good as Motherwell have been this season, all this talk of a title race is a bit premature. 😜

(Getting more and more disappointed at losing to Ross county at home from a winning position as the weeks go on. Could cost us the title)

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

As good as Motherwell have been this season, all this talk of a title race is a bit premature. 😜

(Getting more and more disappointed at losing to Ross county at home from a winning position as the weeks go on. Could cost us the title)

It’s early days for everyone mate. Just enjoy the present and deal with the current as it happens. Life’s too short.  That’s what all footy fans on the crest of a wave should do. 

30 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Are Barry Maguire and James Scott worth keeping an eye on ?

5 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Cheers Davey. I do think Lennon is a downgrade from Rodgers but is he really that bad? 

Gerrard makes plenty of tactical mistakes too, so it might be a bit of a topsy turvy season for a while yet. 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

If you finish top you should forfeit it to make up for the time when you were wrongly allowed to get away with relegation. 😁

10 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Big game at Fir Park at the end of the month!

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Killie seem to have recovered from a slightly dodgy start to the season. How do you rate them compared to last season? 

I've not seen them other than when we played you and I didn't think either team looked good that day. 

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Killie seem to have recovered from a slightly dodgy start to the season. How do you rate them compared to last season? 

I've not seen them other than when we played you and I didn't think either team looked good that day. 

We're a Greg Stewart away from being a better team than last year IMO.

Goals are a problem as we can't keep Brophy fit but we rarely look like conceding. We've had 7 clean sheets in our last 8 games.

I reckon we'll be top 6 but getting a striker in Jan will make or break whether we can push for Europe.

Fans are 100% behind the manager though - the xenophobic Scottish press have created a real siege mentality both on and off the pitch. Would be lying if I said I'm not enjoying it!

Missed Tynecastle at the weekend as I was on holiday but just under 1,000 away fans paying £29 a ticket shows the fans are right behind him.

17 hours ago, WCTA said:

I actually really like Scousers. I feel more in common with a Liverpool resident than most other English cities.

They’ll be the Everton fans then.

As mentioned earlier Liverpool supporters have this sense of entitlement, I work beside 3 of them and several drink in my local pub.

Horrible blinkered self pitying tw@ts every single one of them.  

As JJ says, Everton fans are good guys, Liverpool fans are absolute scum. Whenever I’ve been down to Liverpool, and it’s a great city, but their supporters really let themselves down with their misplaced arrogance and self entitlement. 

Most of them are cunts, I agree. All this "we" and ending correspondence with YNWA and coming out with "Manc scum". Cringeworthy.

It's a team who play in a foreign league for fuck sake and the majority of them have never been to a game in their life. 

Cunts. 

11 hours ago, Emoji said:

It’s early days for everyone mate. Just enjoy the present and deal with the current as it happens. Life’s too short.  That’s what all footy fans on the crest of a wave should do. 

Was all a bit tongue in cheek. I’d say the fact we can lose at home to Ross County is an indicator of how little their is between 3rd-12th in league. We’ve ground out a couple of wins already, but winning these scrappy games is why Motherwell and St Mirren are where they are.

11 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Are Barry Maguire and James Scott worth keeping an eye on ?

I’ve not seen a lot of Maguire, but he’s been good anytime he’s been brought in. Certainly not looked out his depth.

James Scott looks like he could do well, has all the attributes and enough ability to make it. Has actually been doing really well since he was put out wide.

10 hours ago, WCTA said:

If you finish top you should forfeit it to make up for the time when you were wrongly allowed to get away with relegation. 😁

*times

😜

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Yeah, be interesting to see where we are at the end of October, we’ve got Aberdeen (h), Rangers (a) then Killie (h) could easily take 6 points from those three, but equally take none...

I watched Rangers v Livi and think Devante Cole can get at the Rangers centre halves.

Aberdeen will get better, and Killie are obviously very hard to beat....

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Was all a bit tongue in cheek. I’d say the fact we can lose at home to Ross County is an indicator of how little their is between 3rd-12th in league. We’ve ground out a couple of wins already, but winning these scrappy games is why Motherwell and St Mirren are where they are.

I’ve not seen a lot of Maguire, but he’s been good anytime he’s been brought in. Certainly not looked out his depth.

James Scott looks like he could do well, has all the attributes and enough ability to make it. Has actually been doing really well since he was put out wide.

*times

😜

Yeah, be interesting to see where we are at the end of October, we’ve got Aberdeen (h), Rangers (a) then Killie (h) could easily take 6 points from those three, but equally take none...

I watched Rangers v Livi and think Devante Cole can get at the Rangers centre halves.

Aberdeen will get better, and Killie are obviously very hard to beat....

Our two before then are Livi at home and St Mirren at home.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We're a Greg Stewart away from being a better team than last year IMO.

Goals are a problem as we can't keep Brophy fit but we rarely look like conceding. We've had 7 clean sheets in our last 8 games.

I reckon we'll be top 6 but getting a striker in Jan will make or break whether we can push for Europe.

Fans are 100% behind the manager though - the xenophobic Scottish press have created a real siege mentality both on and off the pitch. Would be lying if I said I'm not enjoying it!

Missed Tynecastle at the weekend as I was on holiday but just under 1,000 away fans paying £29 a ticket shows the fans are right behind him.

Good stuff. I'd hate to see Killie slide back after coming so far. I know what you mean about the xenophobic media. They always want to punt one of their pals into jobs despite the fact they're generally utter shite managers.