Season 19/20 - Page 32 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

9 hours ago, WCTA said:

It’s sad as fuck that half of our country’s “fans” will be happy at an English side winning. 

personally I find it sad that people entertain this farce of a competition but I might be on my own there.

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

personally I find it sad that people entertain this farce of a competition but I might be on my own there.

I’m with you. I see it as a very destructive competition. Having said that, I was so bewildered trying to deal with Town having won that I (genuinely) never even knew that Spurs had shipped 7 until a mate messaged me. And I even had to look up who they were playing. 

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:58 PM, sbcmfc said:

You’d think Celtic fans would be appalled at the circumstances they scored under.

Hibs thought it was a drop ball, Celtic run up the park unexpectedly and score.

😜

I know you're messing around, but that is a complaint from a lot of Hibs fans, and I presume Heckingbottom at the time. I think they would all do well to learn the new rules when it comes to a drop ball.

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

I know you're messing around, but that is a complaint from a lot of Hibs fans, and I presume Heckingbottom at the time. I think they would all do well to learn the new rules when it comes to a drop ball.

Was it a drop ball? I thought it was a free kick? I think that was the confusion, Hibs were expecting a drop ball and Celtic took a quick free kick.

2 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

I’m with you. I see it as a very destructive competition. Having said that, I was so bewildered trying to deal with Town having won that I (genuinely) never even knew that Spurs had shipped 7 until a mate messaged me. And I even had to look up who they were playing. 

There's a few lads I work with down here who think similar, one Reading fan hates the EPL as well 🤣

1 minute ago, Tartan_McCole said:

It was a free kick. However, both free kick or drop ball would have resulted in Celtic starting the game the same way.

Would Hibs not have got the drop ball? I think they were in possession.

I knew they had changed that rule, but not payed much attention yet. I like a good bounce up too!

Was just at it, circumstances were different from the Celtic one, play to the whistle etc.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

There's a few lads I work with down here who think similar, one Reading fan hates the EPL as well 🤣

The EPL & CL are two cheeks of the same arse if you ask me. The one thing I took from our couple of years there is that it's an utterly corrupt league which shamelessly loads every game in favour of the bigger clubs. Whether that's through subliminal bias (refs assuming that the 'bigger' team are more likely to be in the right over 50:50s) or that the refs just want to be Facebook friends with Harry Kane I never quite worked out. But I used to witness shocking decisions week in, week out. There's a fairly clear indication as far as I can see that they want teams that are 'names' in the EPL that they can market, not plucky little underdogs that no-one in China has ever heard of.

5 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

The EPL & CL are two cheeks of the same arse if you ask me. The one thing I took from our couple of years there is that it's an utterly corrupt league which shamelessly loads every game in favour of the bigger clubs. Whether that's through subliminal bias (refs assuming that the 'bigger' team are more likely to be in the right over 50:50s) or that the refs just want to be Facebook friends with Harry Kane I never quite worked out. But I used to witness shocking decisions week in, week out. There's a fairly clear indication as far as I can see that they want teams that are 'names' in the EPL that they can market, not plucky little underdogs that no-one in China has ever heard of.

This is the exact opinion held by my colleague at work. He is a Reading fan.

I always thought different of the EPL, despite it's insane money having an adverse effect on the scottish game I always thought it was one of the few competitive leagues around europe.

As for the CL, it's a competition designed for an elite few to progress and remain at the top.

2 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

There’s nobody in Scotland who can even imagine what this is like. Thank heavens we have a governing body who is a beacon of uncorrupt fairness. 

Looks like it was an interesting game in Leith today. Don's get 2 reds and their equaliser is scored by Cosgrove after he could have been off too. 

Certainly got your moneys worth by the sound of it. 

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Looks like it was an interesting game in Leith today. Don's get 2 reds and their equaliser is scored by Cosgrove after he could have been off too. 

Certainly got your moneys worth by the sound of it. 

Nobody played in leith today mate,well maybe someone did but not hibs v Aberdeen 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Nobody played in leith today mate,well maybe someone did but not hibs v Aberdeen 

My bad, I was sure Hibs were at home. Maybe need to pay more attention in the future. 😕

Either way is looks like it was an entertaining afternoons football. 

4 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

My bad, I was sure Hibs were at home. Maybe need to pay more attention in the future. 😕

Either way is looks like it was an entertaining afternoons football. 

I hear it was crap which I suspect will be most games moving forward, apathy is setting in outside the OF.

39 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I hear it was crap which I suspect will be most games moving forward, apathy is setting in outside the OF.

I'm glad I only read the report then. Seemed like enough action, albeit possibly without the ball, to generate a decent spectacle. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I'm glad I only read the report then. Seemed like enough action, albeit possibly without the ball, to generate a decent spectacle. 

No, it was crap, Hibs played a bit when we first went down to 10 men but generally it was poor stuff all round. Between today and the last home game v St Johnstone I can't believe how bad Scottish football is right now. Although I've seen Hibs and Livi play a little bit of decent football on TV recently so maybe it's just Aberdeen games.

If their task wasnt hard enough already the famous Hamilton Accies will now most likely be a sacrificial lamb at Ibrox later :(