Season 19/20 - Page 31 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

16 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Thoughts on where Uncle Rico may go when the Aberdeen adventure comes to an end ?

Hearts ? Hibs ? English lower leagues ? North America ? Australia ? Rangers Reserves ?

He'll get a job in the championship in England, that league is chock full of bang average managers.

Finally got to watch the highlights of the game and I have to say I'm disappointed we only scored 5. There 3 or 4 other gilt edged chances we should have buried too. 

I know Aberdeen don't have their injury worries to seek but the way they caved in was very poor. 

And both penalties were stick ons. 

I felt sorry for Lewis in the end. 

22 hours ago, Mox said:

Yesterday was a perfect example of Lennon's limitations as a manager. I've slagged McInnes on here for years but Lennon is cut from the exact same cloth. He doesn't have the ability to affect a game, he doesn't give the team any direction and his skill set essentially extends to swapping wingers and making the same substitutions every game. His hardon for constantly taking off Edouard,bwho is the best player we've had in years is fucking infuriating.

He's got a very good squad of players who will disguise his inabilities as a manager this year, but games like yesterday will become more common throughout the season. If we do win the league this year, it will be in spite of him, not because of him, he's the luckiest manager in football.

Och, on another day that game finishes 2 or 3 to 1 and we all go home happy after going behind by an own goal. To stick him up next to McInnes is hyperbolic nonsense.

On 9/30/2019 at 9:35 AM, Tartan_McCole said:

Quite the opposite. Hibs can count themselves bloody lucky!:lol: Clancy being hopeless is something we can all agree on though.

I only heard the comments on sportsound at HT on Saturday, in the car on the way Love Street, with Miller, McLean, Stewart and co. gong off on one about the Celtic goal. Didn’t hear anything about the second half.

13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm no fan of the CL and haven't watched any of it but that is an incredible scoreline at spurs

Bayern currently battering spurs 7-2 

Aye, that was an absolute fkin rogering!  :lol:  Some quality goals as well.  Pundits obviously in disbelief that any team containing Harry Kane could get such a battering!

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm no fan of the CL and haven't watched any of it but that is an incredible scoreline at spurs

And Spurs were lucky. It could and probably should have been more. 

The flick by Lewandowski in the build up to the 2nd was a thing of beauty. 

As for the Spurs defence, 😂🤣😂

Aurier is a donkey. 

HUDDERSFIELD TOWN WON. 

Just let that sink in. We actually won. A match. A football match. First one in 7 months. I had to google how you’re supposed to celebrate. 

Now all we need is to see if we can win a Saturday afternoon game. Knocking on 2 years since we last did that. 

12 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

HUDDERSFIELD TOWN WON. 

Just let that sink in. We actually won. A match. A football match. First one in 7 months. I had to google how you’re supposed to celebrate. 

Now all we need is to see if we can win a Saturday afternoon game. Knocking on 2 years since we last did that. 

I’ve news for you though, it was against Stoke. 😂

1 hour ago, Huddersfield said:

HUDDERSFIELD TOWN WON. 

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

I’ve news for you though, it was against Stoke. 😂

If you can do it at stoke on a wet Tuesday night, you can do it anywhere!

😜

23 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Liverpool adding to the entertainment tonight by going 3-0 up before half-time, and now are 3-3 after an hour.

36 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Liverpool adding to the entertainment tonight by going 3-0 up before half-time, and now are 3-3 after an hour.

Pity they won in the end. Robertson scored though so there is a plus