Season 19/20 - Page 26 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Colin McMenamin sacked as Stenhousemuir manager yesterday evening. It wasn't working. The club had hopes of going straight back to League One after last season's relegation but the early season form was more likely to see us involved in the trap-door game at the end of the season rather than a push for a playoff spot. Not nice to see a manager canned but I think the club have made the correct decision here. They need to get the next appointment right.

On 9/17/2019 at 8:55 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

By all accounts he's sitting up and talking now.

Best of wishes to him, longest serving Killie manager of my lifetime.

Excellent news. I was speaking to him at a funeral in April and he was looking tremendously well. 

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Excellent news. I was speaking to him at a funeral in April and he was looking tremendously well. 

We let on to each other at the City game at the weekend, and funnily enough I thought the same! Just goes to show......

Glad he seems to be recovering well 👍🏼

7 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Much better 2nd half and other than the stick on penalty they missed, the officials have had a good game. 

As soon as there's space in the game Defoe is absolutely lethal. 

The officials had a shocker. Missed a stonewall penalty from 5 yards, St Johnstone had the ball over the line and Defoe was offside at the 4th goal. Stunningly poor officiating. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

The officials had a shocker. Missed a stonewall penalty from 5 yards, St Johnstone had the ball over the line and Defoe was offside at the 4th goal. Stunningly poor officiating. 

Penalty - agreed. 

St Johnstone "goal" - whole ball did not cross the line. Ref and linesman got it right. 

Defoe offside - very marginal decision, although he probably was off. The kind of mistaken decision that can be explained by officials being human. 

Not the worst game from them. Not great but not the worst. 

7 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Penalty - agreed. 

St Johnstone "goal" - whole ball did not cross the line. Ref and linesman got it right. 

Defoe offside - very marginal decision, although he probably was off. The kind of mistaken decision that can be explained by officials being human. 

With respect RB, you said the officials had a good game.

The evidence demonstrates comprehensively that they had nothing of the kind.

16 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Penalty - agreed. 

I've seen an angle where the whole ball was across the line and by a decent margin. 

29 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I've seen an angle where the whole ball was across the line and by a decent margin. 

Linesman has to be 100% certain to give a goal, despite only having a fraction of a second of evidence. 

Hopefully soon a goal decision system will be cheap enough to be used in our league, it's made a huge difference. 

7 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Linesman has to be 100% hun to not give a goal, despite only having a fraction of a second of evidence. 

Hopefully soon a goal decision system will be cheap enough to be used in our league, it's made a huge difference. 

I couldn't resist - apologies to all.