Season 19/20 - Page 23 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 hours ago, slasher said:

I seriously doubt the 'incoming abuse' you are expecting will materialise. Other than that wee touch of paranoia your post is good, you should post more often 👍

Am not playing this down at all, it was abhorrent but...... is it really an arrestable offence? I seriously doubt it would see the light of day in a courtroom. 

Agreed, the police shouldn’t be getting involved 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Agreed.

itll be interesting to see if @Tulli posts again. I’d like to see why he thinks this place is so anti rangers?

Coming from a completely non neutral perspective it does seem, to me, that there can sometimes be more.....animosity towards Rangers & Rangers fans on here (that's Rangers fans in general, not necessarily directed at the ones who post here, if that makes sense) than other clubs/fans.  I am aware that could just be my view point from a subjective angle however it can feel that way at times.

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Coming from a completely non neutral perspective it does seem, to me, that there can sometimes be more.....animosity towards Rangers & Rangers fans on here (that's Rangers fans in general, not necessarily directed at the ones who post here, if that makes sense) than other clubs/fans.  I am aware that could just be my view point from a subjective angle however it can feel that way at times.

I don’t think that’s an unreasonable opinion. 

Folk seem to enjoy rangers getting pumped and struggling more than other teams, only natural I think.

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

I tend to agree but I gave good reasons for this. Rangers will be in the spotlight more than most, particularly since 2012. A lot of this has been negative press too, most of it their own doing.

what I tend to find is a few people laughing at rangers misfortunes, statements and fan behaviour a rangers fan will react and all hell breaks loose from there. 

I wouldn’t worry though, the impending court case with Celtic will hog the headlines for while. The TAMB can be anti Celtic for a while

2 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I don’t think that’s an unreasonable opinion. 

Folk seem to enjoy rangers getting pumped and struggling more than other teams, only natural I think.

Football is extremely tribal, we can all agree on that. A lot of us grew up during the 9 in a row years and then the old firm duopoly. Rangers fans are not exactly known for being graceful in victory, for years they rubbed their success or tainted success in our faces. It shouldn’t come as a surprise that fans have a go back but it seems the precious among the rangers support can’t take it.

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Football is extremely tribal, we can all agree on that. A lot of us grew up during the 9 in a row years and then the old firm duopoly. Rangers fans are not exactly known for being graceful in victory, for years they rubbed their success or tainted success in our faces. It shouldn’t come as a surprise that fans have a go back but it seems the precious among the rangers support can’t take it.

Agreed.

And the Rangers fans on here take it well for the most part.

You don’t realise how reasonable this section of the TAMB is until you read other forms and twitter. 

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

That would be a great post, apart from the middle part where you had to shoehorn in the excuses “but other people do it too”

We all know that, but it’s completely irrelevant to this, with it just showing that you want to take some of the heat off the boy. If you read this board as much as you say you do, you’ll often read condemnation about things said and sang at games and online. 

Thanks for the replies to my earlier post which were almost unanimously positive and no mention of ‘hun’ which, by the way, doesn’t offend me but also doesn’t add anything to informed and considered debate which, in my opinion, TAMB would benefit from and may even encourage new posters who have a genuine interest in Scottish football.

I wanted to reply specifically to dandydunn’s post to assure him that I was in no way exercising whataboutery or trying to trivialise the boy’s actions, 15 years old or not, he is a fool who needs educating. My intention was to highlight the common hypocrisy of vigorously condemning some of the abuse that goes on whilst conveniently abstaining from commenting on other abuse. It is all wrong to right minded folk.

The reaction on here to the abuse Brown suffered has been exactly as it should be when similar abuse takes place on club fans forums and other social media platforms. The AFC forum is, once again in my experience, particularly offensive and I rarely see any of the abusive posters receiving the sort of condemning comments seen in this thread. Perhaps we could all do better is the main thrust of my post.

As an aside, football banter is all well and good but not necessary in every thread, has there been any consideration of creating a section specifically for ‘banter’ where those who wish to indulge in the Hun/Tim/sheepmolester/spoonburner type of patter can knock themselves out. Meanwhile the actual football fans can have civilised discussions and keep them on track. Just a thought.

4 minutes ago, Tulli said:

Thanks for the replies to my earlier post which were almost unanimously positive and no mention of ‘hun’ which, by the way, doesn’t offend me but also doesn’t add anything to informed and considered debate which, in my opinion, TAMB would benefit from and may even encourage new posters who have a genuine interest in Scottish football.

I wanted to reply specifically to dandydunn’s post to assure him that I was in no way exercising whataboutery or trying to trivialise the boy’s actions, 15 years old or not, he is a fool who needs educating. My intention was to highlight the common hypocrisy of vigorously condemning some of the abuse that goes on whilst conveniently abstaining from commenting on other abuse. It is all wrong to right minded folk.

The reaction on here to the abuse Brown suffered has been exactly as it should be when similar abuse takes place on club fans forums and other social media platforms. The AFC forum is, once again in my experience, particularly offensive and I rarely see any of the abusive posters receiving the sort of condemning comments seen in this thread. Perhaps we could all do better is the main thrust of my post.

As an aside, football banter is all well and good but not necessary in every thread, has there been any consideration of creating a section specifically for ‘banter’ where those who wish to indulge in the Hun/Tim/sheepmolester/spoonburner type of patter can knock themselves out. Meanwhile the actual football fans can have civilised discussions and keep them on track. Just a thought.

This isn’t an AFC forum, which makes it all the more bizarre. 

I would assume the stuff said on the al queda message board isn't particularly pleasant, but I don't visit it as I know I won’t enjoy what’s on there. 

Probably best you did the same. 

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Agreed.

And the Rangers fans on here take it well for the most part.

You don’t realise how reasonable this section of the TAMB is until you read other forms and twitter. 

Your last paragraph is a good point. I won't go near any of the Rangers only forums anymore. There's too much garbage and hatred. 

I'm assuming it's probably similar on most single team sites but as I've never been on any of the others I don't know. 

In any large group there is always a percentage of utter cunts that need educated but in the last few years it has definitely got worse. 

1 hour ago, Tulli said:

I full condemn the abuse on all football forums. I hope this covers it for you. 

I dont think a separate forum is necessary. It wouldn't work, people who want to argue and abuse each other will do it regardless of the forum. 

1 hour ago, Tulli said:

If you find the AFC forum offensive, why do you read it?

As for your suggestion, that wouldn’t work on here I don’t think and is unnecessary.

9 hours ago, slasher said:

I seriously doubt the 'incoming abuse' you are expecting will materialise. Other than that wee touch of paranoia your post is good, you should post more often 👍

Am not playing this down at all, it was abhorrent but...... is it really an arrestable offence? I seriously doubt it would see the light of day in a courtroom. I

I wasn't really saying I thought he should be arrested I just meant as to how they identified him, the police would clearly have had a word at the time and informed the club.

Do we know what he's actually being charged with now?

5 hours ago, Tulli said:

Those kinda comments you refer to on the Aberdeen forum will be made entirely for the benefit of the kind of pervert that feels the need to trawl through a rival clubs messageboard. I doubt any of those who comment on Ricksen have any real beef with him. 

I shudder to think what the content on a Rangers forum would be, religious bigotry on a grand scale Id imagine, to the point where the bigots would be in the majority. I suspect that's the main difference  between Rangers and other clubs and why they are so unpopular amongst the rest of Scottish football. 

1 hour ago, Farcity said:

Those kinda comments you refer to on the Aberdeen forum will be made entirely for the benefit of the kind of pervert that feels the need to trawl through a rival clubs messageboard. I doubt any of those who comment on Ricksen have any real beef with him. 

I shudder to think what the content on a Rangers forum would be, religious bigotry on a grand scale Id imagine, to the point where the bigots would be in the majority. I suspect that's the main difference  between Rangers and other clubs and why they are so unpopular amongst the rest of Scottish football. 

So Aberdeen fans who say offensive things don't really mean it but Rangers fans that do, are monsters? 

I reckon you need to take the red tinted specs off. Arseholes are the same the world over. There may be different drivers for it but they all need brought to book for their arseholeness. 

8 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So Aberdeen fans who say offensive things don't really mean it but Rangers fans that do, are monsters? 

I reckon you need to take the red tinted specs off. Arseholes are the same the world over. There may be different drivers for it but they all need brought to book for their arseholeness. 

Thats what he said mate

21 hours ago, Tulli said:

Being a Rangers fan of 40+ years, I rarely comment on TAMB due to the inherent hatred and unhealthy obsession most regular posters have for ‘the hun’. However, I do look in occasionally and generally find your comments to be fair and balanced, with the odd relapse!

I thought it worth pointing out, on this occasion, that you could also find equally disgusting comments on many other Scottish teams fan pages - AFC Chat being a particularly prime example but not the only one. Comments about Ricksen, Novo, Durrant and the 66 are equally appalling but commonplace and warmly welcomed on many forums.

Social media, including this forum, is the home for some pretty unsavoury characters who exploit the anonymity to express views they otherwise would not have the cojones to say in person. I absolutely condemn the moron who shouted those comments to Brown about his sister and welcome the steps my club is taking to exclude him from Ibrox. I am saddened that Scottish football has reduced to this and the financial chaos at my club seems to have made it more acceptable for some inexplicable reason. I suspect that some of the more moronic posters here and elsewhere will, when they grow up, look back with some embarrassment.

I expect the incoming abuse for this ‘hun’ will contain the usual warped justification but thought it worth commenting all the same.

Who on this forum uses things in the same ball park as Ricksen or the 66 you lying hun cunt?

8 hours ago, daviebee said:

Looks like the wrong guy was named on social media last night and a lot of folk are having to do a lot of apologising for jumping the gun.  That all could've ended pretty badly.

I actually wrote that under one of the facebook posts and was shouted down and told I was defending someone fro saying that about Brown's sister and not a real Celtic supporter etc. Social media is a dangerous thing.

15 hours ago, dandydunn said:

This isn’t an AFC forum, which makes it all the more bizarre. 

I would assume the stuff said on the al queda message board isn't particularly pleasant, but I don't visit it as I know I won’t enjoy what’s on there. 

Probably best you did the same. 

If can only assume he's never visited Rangers Media if he finds an Aberdeen message board offensive.

It goes without saying the comment from the boy were an utter disgrace.. However, I cant help but feel some of the mock outrage in some quarters is a bit hypocritical.. The sorry fact is, some fans of both OF clubs and most other clubs to be fair, have carried out acts just as bad if not worse than this. Both verbal and physical.  No idea why he has been charged. The boy is 15. A couple of trips to cancer patient wards I suggest would sort him out.

Im no fan of Brown but felt terrible for him and he did well not to react. I believe there was also a picture of him stopping to get  his photo taken with a young Rangers fan moments after. Browns actions afterwards says a lot about his ‘off field’ personality.

Obviously I’m no hun lover  😂 But lets not crucify a 15 year old just yet. Education the way forward at this stage. 

As I say, if we are honest we have probably seen or heard of stuff equally as depraved over the years. Maybe even from our own fans

Edit to add - I’m not speaking about this board specifically,, I mean everywhere. 

Edited by Jim Beem
Clarification

31 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Who on this forum uses things in the same ball park as Ricksen or the 66 you lying hun cunt?

21 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Tulli it seems and erm, Tulli.

As much as I disagree with some of what Tulli said, I don't think he said anyone on here commented mentioned the 66 or Rcksen

38 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

It goes without saying the comment from the boy were an utter disgrace.. However, I cant help but feel some of the mock outrage in some quarters is a bit hypocritical.. The sorry fact is, some fans of both OF clubs and most other clubs to be fair, have carried out acts just as bad if not worse than this. Both verbal and physical.  No idea why he has been charged. The boy is 15. A couple of trips to cancer patient wards I suggest would sort him out.

Im no fan of Brown but felt terrible for him and he did well not to react. I believe there was also a picture of him stopping to get  his photo taken with a young Rangers fan moments after. Browns actions afterwards says a lot about his ‘off field’ personality.

Obviously I’m no hun lover  😂 But lets not crucify a 15 year old just yet. Education the way forward at this stage. 

As I say, if we are honest we have probably seen or heard of stuff equally as depraved over the years. Maybe even from our own fans

Edit to add - I’m not speaking about this board specifically,, I mean everywhere. 

Well put.

Said the same to mates yesterday and apparently I’m the only person they know saying the police shouldn’t be involved.

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

@Jim Beem is a hun and Scott Brown lover. 

Pass it on..........