Season 19/20 - Page 21 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

13 hours ago, macy37 said:

I’ll tell you exactly how it is....you lot shat it, Lennon handed slippy his arse technically which has to be a massive worry for The Huns who thought they just needed to turn up today. Hope your Glenlivet takes like pish tonight. Enjoy. 

Good morning sir.  This can't be the same Mr Lennon that was being hounded by yourself and the other GFITW?  I do believe I backed Lennon.  Or is this just trolling?  Have a good day.  And my Glenlivet went down lovely.  Football is football.  Celts deserved the win.  Now of to Edinburgh to teach economics.  Scotland Forever.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Good morning sir.  This can't be the same Mr Lennon that was being hounded by yourself and the other GFITW?  I do believe I backed Lennon.  Or is this just trolling?  Have a good day.  And my Glenlivet went down lovely.  Football is football.  Celts deserved the win.  Now of to Edinburgh to teach economics.  Scotland Forever.

You’re completely missing the point. Lennon has been questioned due to his limitations tactics wise yet he owned slippy yesterday. That has to be a worry, that and the fact Gerrard is developing a nack of losing key domestic games. 

Glad it’s not English you’re teaching.....

Just seen the highlights from the old firm.

There were 5 yellow cards at fir park, and Callum Mcgregor's challenge would’ve been comfortably the worst tackle in our game. I’ve not seen a worse one than Jacks live this season. I thought it was worse than Jordan Jones.

Maybe the football on show is so bad, because giving everyone a free hit encourages that kind of shitfest?

28 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Just seen the highlights from the old firm.

There were 5 yellow cards at fir park, and Callum Mcgregor's challenge would’ve been comfortably the worst tackle in our game. I’ve not seen a worse one than Jacks live this season. I thought it was worse than Jordan Jones.

Maybe the football on show is so bad, because giving everyone a free hit encourages that kind of shitfest?

It was ridiculous that there wasn't a card shown until the 90th minute. I've seen refs be too card happy and give a yellow card for nothing in the opening minutes of these games, but to let McGregors go set the tone for the game. Jones was worse for me, Jack wins the ball but studs were up and makes contact at speed with the player, but at least there was an attempt to go for the ball. Jones was a shitebag tackle, no attempt to get anywhere near the ball. I hope he gets fined for that, it's embarassing.

Edited by theweestevie

I think the refs have been told to raise the card threshold in OF games. Seen this before in OF games where suddenly it is as if the rules of the game have changed but no one has said anything explicitly. I think it is to stop what was usually an early red for someone and then the game becoming 'ruined' as a result of the sending off. I can't think of a single fixture in England where this happens or at least is so noticeable. Just another reason why our game is a bit of a joke at times, it all about the old firm...

23 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

It was ridiculous that there wasn't a card shown until the 90th minute. I've seen refs be too card happy and give a yellow card for nothing in the opening minutes of these games, but to let McGregors go set the tone for the game. Jones was worse for me, Jack wins the ball but studs were up and makes contact at speed with the player, but at least there was an attempt to go for the ball. Jones was a shitebag tackle, no attempt to get anywhere near the ball. I hope he gets fined for that, it's embarassing.

He had to book Arfield aswell.

If we get 4 games a season we can use our refereeing wildcard it would even it up. 😂

Rangers and Celtic have enough advantages over the rest of us, without us going into games with players suspended for nothing yellow cards while they’re being refereed by MMA standards.

I know it’s petty, but all these petty gripes add up (own ends at hampden etc.)

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

I think the refs have been told to raise the card threshold in OF games. Seen this before in OF games where suddenly it is as if the rules of the game have changed but no one has said anything explicitly. I think it is to stop what was usually an early red for someone and then the game becoming 'ruined' as a result of the sending off. I can't think of a single fixture in England where this happens or at least is so noticeable. Just another reason why our game is a bit of a joke at times, it all about the old firm...

I am certain ex refs have admitted as much on sportsound in the past.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

He had to book Arfield aswell.

If we get 4 games a season we can use our refereeing wildcard it would even it up. 😂

Rangers and Celtic have enough advantages over the rest of us, without us going into games with players suspended for nothing yellow cards while they’re being refereed by MMA standards.

I know it’s petty, but all these petty gripes add up (own ends at hampden etc.)

Its not petty at all, since when being asked to be treated the same as your opponent become petty?

22 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Kent wouldn't get near our starting 11 it's a strange one if you ask me, 100% a buy to ease the pressure after the result on Sunday 

I appreciate you find it hard within yourself to have a decent debate with anything Rangers.  But that is absolute bullshit.  We've been after him since the end of the season, Liverpool wanted to look to keep him initially, that didn't work out, not good enough, then they hung on for shifting him abroad, then we qualified for groups and bought him.  Not rocket science.  

Very rarely, if at all. Scott Brown gets any positive comments on hear. Just watched the video were a dirty low life outside Ibrox asked him ''How's you sister'' when he was getting on the Celtic bus after the game on Sunday. He didn't say anything, kept his composure and just stared at the prick who made the comment, fair play to him. Will add tho, another person standing next to the low life told him he was out of order. Scum bastard who made the comment deserved a slap and a kick in the balls.