Season 19/20 - Page 14 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

One of the worst games I've seen in some time. Hearts agracultural style won't excite many this season. As for Well just not good enough. Hand out a few doings playing lower league opposition and fans talking of a comfortable top 6 finish - Aye Right.  Just can't see where the goals are going to come from. Modern day football = a loan striker running about like a headless chicken. Remember strike partnerships? Coyne and Wright. McCoist and Hately. etc. I miss that.

2 hours ago, Och Aye said:

One of the worst games I've seen in some time. Hearts agracultural style won't excite many this season. As for Well just not good enough. Hand out a few doings playing lower league opposition and fans talking of a comfortable top 6 finish - Aye Right.  Just can't see where the goals are going to come from. Modern day football = a loan striker running about like a headless chicken. Remember strike partnerships? Coyne and Wright. McCoist and Hately. etc. I miss that.

A very blatant, but excellent point. I grew up watching Dodds/Sturrock. Cole and Yorke were fantastic together (and miles away from the targetman/poacher like most partnerships). 

Are there ANY old fashioned striking partnerships about just now? Off the top of my head I can’t think of any obvious ones....🤷🏼‍♂️

5 hours ago, McTeeko said:

A very blatant, but excellent point. I grew up watching Dodds/Sturrock. Cole and Yorke were fantastic together (and miles away from the targetman/poacher like most partnerships). 

Are there ANY old fashioned striking partnerships about just now? Off the top of my head I can’t think of any obvious ones....🤷🏼‍♂️

Jota / Jimenez.

Mon the Wolves.

11 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Great point, but who the F are Coyne and Wright? 😂

Great players in the 90s and both featured heavily in my favourite game from my childhood, but never played together.

Coyne and Arnott?

5 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Great point, but who the F are Coyne and Wright? 😂

Great players in the 90s and both featured heavily in my favourite game from my childhood, but never played together.

Coyne and Arnott?

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/dundee-united/stars-of-the-80s-no-9-tommy-coyne-1-2615978

Edited by Och Aye

20 hours ago, McTeeko said:

John Daly and Johnny Russel were probably the last we had that falls in that bracket. Good partnership that was at times. 

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Killie off the mark, sounds like the only thing to take out of that 90 minutes...

That Sounded like an incredibly shit and boring match today. I saw ten minutes and that was enough 😂

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

What we all want to know. Was it worthy of a pitch invasion? 😂

I see Barisic was booked, so looks possible.

No, he went to the crowd for some selfies, but only one of them came over the barrier.

The policewoman looked as though she wanted to kiss him though.