Season 19/20 - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 7:01 PM, EddardStark said:

Really pleased with that win today at a ground that has caused us major problems in recent seasons. Hope the HSE investigate Kilmarnock's shambolic ticketing arrangements as well as a stand roof that appeared not to be able to  accommodate three people standing on top of it. 

It's not designed for 3 or 4 daft huns jumping on top of it.

Rangers fans were nothing but complete and utter scum on sunday.

Dress that up however you want.  Ticket arrangements were fine, forgeries, fake crushes and s cretins forcing open emergency exits so fans without tickets can get in is a mile out.

Rangers statement thereafter is what you'd expect from a club that is riddled with sub human scum from top to bottom.

I'll not even start on the song book.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:40 PM, macy37 said:

I’ve just seen the clip of the Huns breaking open the gate and charging in. It’s unbelievable stuff. What a bunch of manky cunts they are. 

Killie's fault though, they were getting crushed as they sang song/videoed on their phone and cheered.

Anyone who has been at that away end knows there is more room there than probably any other away end in Scotland.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:23 PM, N4Footsoldier said:

- Clearly the ticketing/entry system was defective leading to large queuing and overcrowding where risk of crushing could occur. A failure to undertake basic risk and stress-tests as necessary.

Nonsense. Were plenty in that queue with no tickets/fake tickets. Ticket system worked fine at the Nomads game with more Killie fans in East Stand than the away end. Only difference is we know 1) how to queue and 2) weren't using fakes. We also don't make up crushes.

- Regarding the shelter, the structure and layout lends itself to what happened, showing again no rigorous stress-test or risk assessment into what could have happened, which in fact was a handful of daft boys losing the rag in the heat of the moment, which could happen any given week in football.

It's never happened in 25 years - it's shelter FFS

- Reduced away allocation increased the physical risk of those attending the game hence no front-row netting to prevent entry to the pitch and some away fans feeling compelled to buy tickets in the home end near the away stand.

Huns got circa 25% of the stadium. A few got home end tickets but weren't seen until the last minute goal. They will have less than 25% the next game (as low as 10% if rumours are true so they better get used to it and only have themselves to blame)

- Had there been more than just 1 stand allocated for away supporters they may have been able to more easily take countermeasures against some of the issues encountered. The fact they were unable to come close to filling other sections usually occupied by away supporters SHOULD be a valid consideration regardless of the pride behind that decision.

They couldn't behave with 2 stands so had it cut. It'll get cut again. Why should vermin be rewarded for acting like cunts?

The Kilmarnock statement referenced wanting to attract more families etc. Easy to point all this out in hindsight but surely as an organisation they need to look internally at their controls in place if indeed they hope to manage larger crowds with more compact away ticket allocations. Easy to look at the behaviour of away fans but realistically the people with jobs to ensure fan safety need to have their heads rolled.

Police were worse than useless. I don't really see what controls Killie could have had to stop daft huns turning up without tickets, forcing gates open and the police to sit back and watch.

I've been away and saw clips of the goings on.  This is a genuine question, how were folk getting tickets on their phones and getting through? Surely a steward see's someone trying to get in with a phone and not a ticket and sends them on their way?

FWIW - The flak we are getting is definitely justified.  Whether a roof can hold 1 or 100, I cannot fathom why you feel the need to jump on the roof.

13 minutes ago, Debian said:

I've been away and saw clips of the goings on.  This is a genuine question, how were folk getting tickets on their phones and getting through? Surely a steward see's someone trying to get in with a phone and not a ticket and sends them on their way?

FWIW - The flak we are getting is definitely justified.  Whether a roof can hold 1 or 100, I cannot fathom why you feel the need to jump on the roof.

Did I not read somebody say that they were trialling e-tickets which had the capacity to be shown on your phone, similar to boarding passes at airports? Either I've made that up or some cunt on the internet has sold me hook, line and sinker.

On 8/8/2019 at 6:33 AM, EddardStark said:

By whom?  

I see Killie are now reducing the allocation for Rangers and Celtic to 2000. Personally I would hope the club don't take any tickets until the safety of the fans can be guaranteed. 

I suspect you are correct and unfortunately can see the ticket allocation trending towards zero, until rangers fans can learn to behave.

20 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

It’s usually £24 for the equivalent stand, but it’s only £2 per child and if you buy a season you can take 2 kids free. So it’s decent value as a family...

Im £20 normally, £23 tomorrow for east stand. (£15 for LC v Hearts)

Any Celtic fan know if the £3 kids tickets are available to them?

Yes.  I paid £33 for a parent and child in South lower.

6 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

The Thumb makes it 1-2

Serious question for the stattos, as there will be figures for this somewhere - how many direct free-kicks has Griffiths scored in his career?

Roberto Baggio must be looking over his shoulder these days...................

On 8/9/2019 at 1:24 PM, Debian said:

23 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Did I not read somebody say that they were trialling e-tickets which had the capacity to be shown on your phone, similar to boarding passes at airports? Either I've made that up or some cunt on the internet has sold me hook, line and sinker.

Yes etickets were in use.

The problems stemmed from sending copies on phones to friends.

So when the barcode was presented to the turnstile, only the first barcode of the ticket was accepted ( if my understanding  of this is correct).

So in effect a fake could go through if presented before the original, leaving the person who bought the original ticket stuck at the turnstyle,  and refusing to move causing a bottleneck of their own doing but trying to make out it was everyone elses fault.

Then you had the people with the fakes also refusing to move before realising that their only chance of entry was to commit a criminal act and open a safety gate.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Serious question for the stattos, as there will be figures for this somewhere - how many direct free-kicks has Griffiths scored in his career?

Roberto Baggio must be looking over his shoulder these days...................

He must have scored a fair few aye, Juninho from Lyon was the king though, he must have scored an absolute power.

1 hour ago, stirlish said:

Yes etickets were in use.

The problems stemmed from sending copies on phones to friends.

So when the barcode was presented to the turnstile, only the first barcode of the ticket was accepted ( if my understanding  of this is correct).

So in effect a fake could go through if presented before the original, leaving the person who bought the original ticket stuck at the turnstyle,  and refusing to move causing a bottleneck of their own doing but trying to make out it was everyone elses fault.

Then you had the people with the fakes also refusing to move before realising that their only chance of entry was to commit a criminal act and open a safety gate.

No no no no no, dont you get it. The people do not commit crimes like producing fake tickets at a highland league ground or sharing barcodes. 

The fault lies with the police or with the club who caught them

Celtic were ruthless today.

Motherwell were excellent for most of the 1st half, but you always feel when Celtic get in front they can and will kill you and they did.

Probably a bit of sour grapes, but felt they were aided by the ref who was pretty atrocious.

Didnt give Motherwell what would’ve been a soft penalty in my eyes, but then gave Celtic the same foul 3 times in the game and twice with a yellow card for the ‘well player. One of those leading to Celtic getting the ball forward for the 2nd goal. The handball by bolingoli in the build up to the 3rd (maybe 4th?) was as clear as day under any interpretation of the law, and I haven’t seen a replay that shows any contact at the penalty Celtic got, but I’d need to see that again.