Season 19/20 - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 8/6/2019 at 2:23 PM, N4Footsoldier said:

At great risk of being lambasted on here I'm going to mention a few things which I think leave Kilmarnock under scrutiny coming into the next time they host a big crowd particularly of away fans (e.g whenever Rangers or Celtic visit). To me this seems reasonable but I feel the finger will get pointed elsewhere:

- Clearly the ticketing/entry system was defective leading to large queuing and overcrowding where risk of crushing could occur. A failure to undertake basic risk and stress-tests as necessary.

- Regarding the shelter, the structure and layout lends itself to what happened, showing again no rigorous stress-test or risk assessment into what could have happened, which in fact was a handful of daft boys losing the rag in the heat of the moment, which could happen any given week in football.

- Reduced away allocation increased the physical risk of those attending the game hence no front-row netting to prevent entry to the pitch and some away fans feeling compelled to buy tickets in the home end near the away stand.

- Had there been more than just 1 stand allocated for away supporters they may have been able to more easily take countermeasures against some of the issues encountered. The fact they were unable to come close to filling other sections usually occupied by away supporters SHOULD be a valid consideration regardless of the pride behind that decision.

The Kilmarnock statement referenced wanting to attract more families etc. Easy to point all this out in hindsight but surely as an organisation they need to look internally at their controls in place if indeed they hope to manage larger crowds with more compact away ticket allocations. Easy to look at the behaviour of away fans but realistically the people with jobs to ensure fan safety need to have their heads rolled.

Have you been to rugby park? It is impossible for there to be a crush outside the Chadwick stand. That is just a lie from Rangers football.club (shocking I know). The delays have already been attributed to searches and fraudulent tickets. I'm sure next time, the delays will be justifiably longer to accomodate more security measures targeting rangers fans.

Compelled? I dont think anybody held a gun to any rangers fans head and demanded they bought a home end ticket. But regardless that wasn't the issue. The issue was sectarian abuse, a pitch invasion and destruction of a disabled shelter. 

I'm sure there will be a reduced allocation with netting. But may as well take this to the inevitable.conclusion and cage the animals up.

Two stands is a moronic suggestion. Sorry. Then you have got twice the problem. See Celtic game at rugby park last year where there was a pitch invasion from both stands that took 5-10 mins to resolve. 

6 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Have you been to rugby park? It is impossible for there to be a crush outside the Chadwick stand. That is just a lie from Rangers football.club (shocking I know). The delays have already been attributed to searches and fraudulent tickets. I'm sure next time, the delays will be justifiably longer to accomodate more security measures targeting rangers fans.

Compelled? I dont think anybody held a gun to any rangers fans head and demanded they bought a home end ticket. But regardless that wasn't the issue. The issue was sectarian abuse, a pitch invasion and destruction of a disabled shelter. 

I'm sure there will be a reduced allocation with netting. But may as well take this to the inevitable.conclusion and cage the animals up.

Two stands is a moronic suggestion. Sorry. Then you have got twice the problem. See Celtic game at rugby park last year where there was a pitch invasion from both stands that took 5-10 mins to resolve. 

By whom?  

I see Killie are now reducing the allocation for Rangers and Celtic to 2000. Personally I would hope the club don't take any tickets until the safety of the fans can be guaranteed. 

5 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Its on a number of Rangers forums from reliable sources. Away fans will be allocated upper tier only apparently. 

Rangers forums also say that they came out of liquidation and are still the same club, so it's probably nothing to worry about.

7 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Rangers forums also say that they came out of liquidation and are still the same club, so it's probably nothing to worry about.

We are the same club, that hurts for demented green and grey hoopies who's very existence is is consumed by the subject. Time to move on old chum. There is a thread for the demented elsewhere on this forum. Best vent your frustrations on there. 

What this about a a crush outside? I thought there was acres of space outside that stand which would indicate the only way there could be anything close to a crush is if fans pushed forward to force themselves in. 

I assume Eddards worries about safety are down to the utter morons who thought it would be a good idea to jump on top of a roof which isn’t designed for people jumping on it. Of course only in Scottish football would any sort of blame be attributed to Killie because a few thick huns cant control themselves.

only game one and we have a classic hun statement. Yaaay 

Just now, ParisInAKilt said:

What kind of guarantees?

The only guarantee they want Is to be allowed as many tickets as they want and to do whatever they want when at matches whilst taking no responsibility for their actions.

all because they are the people

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The only guarantee they want Is to be allowed as many tickets as they want and to do whatever they want when at matches whilst taking no responsibility for their actions.

all because they are the people

Haha there will be some like that but I’ll give eddard the benefit of the doubt. 

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

By whom?  

I see Killie are now reducing the allocation for Rangers and Celtic to 2000. Personally I would hope the club don't take any tickets until the safety of the fans can be guaranteed. 

Their safety?

Who was attacking the players this time that forced them all onto the pitch?

Even if that rumour was true, the front section of the stand is about 2/3rd of the way down. So would be closer to 3000.

I’ve seen a couple of different videos of the crush, one from the wide open space behind the crowd and the one from the gate.

Huns are keen to paint it as a potential hillsborough, when in reality it was more like a Next sale for angry men.

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Even if that rumour was true, the front section of the stand is about 2/3rd of the way down. So would be closer to 3000.

I’ve seen a couple of different videos of the crush, one from the wide open space behind the crowd and the one from the gate.

Huns are keen to paint it as a potential hillsborough, when in reality it was more like a Next sale for angry men.

Aye the 'crush' thing is utter pish. Loads of room at those turnstiles. But if even a few dozen at the back decide to push those in front then of course those in front are going to get 'crushed'. If genuine Q codes (previously unused) weren't working then it's on Killie and the ticketing system. Otherwise it's a policing issue where fraudsters are being refused entry but refusing to move out the way. The clear message being sent to the supports like this 'rangers' and Celtic by the police is that if enough of you are prepared to go a bit mental then we will stand off and you can do what you like. God forbid if you are half a dozen Killie (or insert any other diddy team) fans standing at a football game, in which case you're getting lifted.

I can see Motherwell, Killie etc. cutting the OF allocation further too though.

It seems that both sets are continuously pushing the boundaries, and it’s been shown time and again that the police aren’t willing or able to stop them.

On Saturday at Fir Park the GB section will be at the front near the home fans, will have far more people in it than is safe, filling the stairwells. They’ll set off some pyro, will spill onto the track when (if 😜 ) Celtic score and probably smash a few seats. I already know all this is going to happen.

Especially with a form of strict liability looming, it’s clear clubs can’t seem to police these crowds, so they’ll need to reduce it to a level they can.

Best case (from an OF ticket point of view) I can see a lot of grounds netting off several rows at the front.

Could be a catalyst for league reconstruction. How long before the financial advantages of Rangers and Celtic both visiting twice a season are viewed as more trouble than it's worth by the directors at other clubs. If this hurdle could be removed then perhaps we're on the road to a 16 or 18 team top division. 

16 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Could be a catalyst for league reconstruction. How long before the financial advantages of Rangers and Celtic both visiting twice a season are viewed as more trouble than it's worth by the directors at other clubs. If this hurdle could be removed then perhaps we're on the road to a 16 or 18 team top division. 

Interesting theory.

Definitely feel that clubs are going to have to take this view before there is a serious incident.

The disabled section at Rugby park on Sunday was a near miss, and while I think “the crush” is a bit of a stretch, it did present a couple of potentially dangerous situations, the stampede to get in and potentially ticketless fans entering the ground.

Clubs seem slightly less inclined than previously to do so, but I suspect the blue and green pounds will ultimately win unless somebody else takes the decision for them.

(£30 for Celtic fans at fir park on Saturday! 😱 shocking!)

26 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

TV cash will decide this and they want their 4 Old Firm games a season. 

47 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Like the idea but the 2 ugly sisters and tv will say no, 4 games a season is a cash cow. 

22 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Interesting theory.

Definitely feel that clubs are going to have to take this view before there is a serious incident.

The disabled section at Rugby park on Sunday was a near miss, and while I think “the crush” is a bit of a stretch, it did present a couple of potentially dangerous situations, the stampede to get in and potentially ticketless fans entering the ground.

Clubs seem slightly less inclined than previously to do so, but I suspect the blue and green pounds will ultimately win unless somebody else takes the decision for them.

(£30 for Celtic fans at fir park on Saturday! 😱 shocking!)

22 hours ago, Toepoke said:

TV cash will decide this and they want their 4 Old Firm games a season. 

22 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

Like the idea but the 2 ugly sisters and tv will say no, 4 games a season is a cash cow. 

Yeah, I mean this is probably correct, sadly. I was just throwing it out there as a talking point really. Another talking point could be the over-reliance on TV income in modern football. 

As for £30 for Celtic fans to go to Fir Park tomorrow - how much is the away end normally mate? I guess instead of looking to lessen the amount of times Rangers and Celtic visit the more likely course of action for the other clubs will be to make the ticket prices this high (approaching extortionate).

13 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

As for £30 for Celtic fans to go to Fir Park tomorrow - how much is the away end normally mate? I guess instead of looking to lessen the amount of times Rangers and Celtic visit the more likely course of action for the other clubs will be to make the ticket prices this high (approaching extortionate).

It’s usually £24 for the equivalent stand, but it’s only £2 per child and if you buy a season you can take 2 kids free. So it’s decent value as a family...

Im £20 normally, £23 tomorrow for east stand. (£15 for LC v Hearts)

Any Celtic fan know if the £3 kids tickets are available to them?

Edited by sbcmfc