Season 19/20 - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

19 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Yet they fail to accept any of the blame, even the official word from Ibrox blames Killie for that.

Regardless of the circumstances that lead to the queues outside, the behaviour of the rangers fans in several incidents on Sunday was out of order.

It seems like police and Stewards are completely toothless to deal with large crowds who behave like they do, not to mention the football authorities.  

I can 100% understand the mindset of a poorly paid steward not thinking it's worth his while to get involved with that. The police need to get involved more (and not just in this incident), or stewards need to be given more responsibility (with a wage that matches).

Edited by Tartan_McCole

1 minute ago, Tartan_McCole said:

I can 100% understand the mindset of a poorly paid steward not thinking it's worth his while to get involved with that. The police need to get involved more (and not just in this incident), or stewards need to be given more responsibility (with a wage that matches).

Completely agree, stewards are there to show you where your seat is etc. Perhaps clubs need more police or qualified security, rather than students in giant yellow jackets.

5 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

At great risk of being lambasted on here I'm going to mention a few things which I think leave Kilmarnock under scrutiny coming into the next time they host a big crowd particularly of away fans (e.g whenever Rangers or Celtic visit). To me this seems reasonable but I feel the finger will get pointed elsewhere:

- Clearly the ticketing/entry system was defective leading to large queuing and overcrowding where risk of crushing could occur. A failure to undertake basic risk and stress-tests as necessary.

- Regarding the shelter, the structure and layout lends itself to what happened, showing again no rigorous stress-test or risk assessment into what could have happened, which in fact was a handful of daft boys losing the rag in the heat of the moment, which could happen any given week in football.

- Reduced away allocation increased the physical risk of those attending the game hence no front-row netting to prevent entry to the pitch and some away fans feeling compelled to buy tickets in the home end near the away stand.

- Had there been more than just 1 stand allocated for away supporters they may have been able to more easily take countermeasures against some of the issues encountered. The fact they were unable to come close to filling other sections usually occupied by away supporters SHOULD be a valid consideration regardless of the pride behind that decision.

The Kilmarnock statement referenced wanting to attract more families etc. Easy to point all this out in hindsight but surely as an organisation they need to look internally at their controls in place if indeed they hope to manage larger crowds with more compact away ticket allocations. Easy to look at the behaviour of away fans but realistically the people with jobs to ensure fan safety need to have their heads rolled.

I’m sure Killie are looking at lessons they can take from this.

They are citing additional security checks for the hold ups at gate. Not sure if the Rangers fans were warned off this and advised to arrive early?

I’m guessing in future they’ll block off the front rows. (Further reducing allocation).

None of these things excuse the Rangers fans though.

I wasn't at the game but have had issues getting into that stand previously before the new ticket system (the other stand in my experience is much better). Part of the issues I have had when I have been there is that there are only 5 gates for 4200 people to get through. You have Kille fans entering through the same set of turnstiles at one end so there is speration there and then cops keeping the queue in line with the turnstiles on the other side so you are forced into a quite a small area. The road behind is also open and the Police urge you to move forward to get off the road. If the situation was the same and there were extra delays with searching and issues with the new ticketing system (which are expected, it is a new system, there will always be teething issues, I expect issues at Ibrox on Sunday as it is the first game with our new system) then it is easy to see how things can become quite tight, especially as kick off comes and goes and you are stuck in a queue outside the stadium people will be eager to get in. Opening the gate was not on, if things were really that tight and people were getting crushed then it would be easier to spill to the side past the gate rather than go through it. While the set up of getting into that stand is not ideal, it is not Killie's fault. For me it is the over agressiveness of the cops trying to keep the crowd moving and into the game. I have had the same at other grounds where they tell you to move and you physically can't go anywhere. Celtic Park for Scotland v Ireland is the example that comes to mind.

Simple. Ban the cunts. 

Whenever hassle occurs at a football match in this country these dumbfucks are rarely far away from it. 

Bump an extra couple of quid on the price of a ticket to compensate for loss of income, im sure most normal folk would rather this than have to tolerate these minky bastards arriving on their doorsteps. 

5 hours ago, slasher said:

But you don't care about it do you? Yet we now have your 7th post on the subject is it? 

Lets be honest RB, the banner sounded a bit too feniany for your liking so you asked for context so you could decide whether to be offended by it! 

That's pretty pathetic even by your standards 👍

You really are a walloper. I'm not offended and couldn't care less what wee fantasy you've built up about my reasons for asking. 

I'm trying to understand why the GB came up with the banner as it seemed very odd to me. 

If you want to imagine I'm a Hun bigot, you wire in. Your defensive mind set shows how you see the world. 

3 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

For what it's worth, a quick Google gives context on the banner. Anyone interested, and not just looking to stir anything, could have done that. It was tied in with the evictions being served out within Glasgow. The refugees welcome and fuck SERCO (not Sevco, for the hard of hearing..) followed it.

I'm not too sure what negative reaction that was meant to get from others, but I suppose each to their own. People like a moan.

Thanks for that. Pretty much gives me the context I didn't have before. 

If only Slasher could answer a straight question with a straight answer. 

3 hours ago, macy37 said:

What goes through the mind of someone to think let’s break the gate down? Especially given what we witnessed at Sheffield all those years ago when crowd surged through. Fans could easily have been trampled.

Totally agree. The only mistake you've made is assuming these pricks have a mind at all. 

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Completely agree, stewards are there to show you where your seat is etc. Perhaps clubs need more police or qualified security, rather than students in giant yellow jackets.

The club, whose fans misbehave, should get the bill for the extra policing for the next 2 fixtures between the sides. That'll encourage the clubs to police their own fans. Only hitting the club in the pocket will get them to help weed out the arse holes. 

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m sure Killie are looking at lessons they can take from this.

They are citing additional security checks for the hold ups at gate. Not sure if the Rangers fans were warned off this and advised to arrive early?

I’m guessing in future they’ll block off the front rows. (Further reducing allocation).

None of these things excuse the Rangers fans though.

I don't think anyone on this thread who has pointed out that Kilmarnock have questions to answer regarding their match day arrangements or the fitness for purpose of part of the ground have sought to excuse any of the behaviour of Rangers fans and in fact have gone out of their way to say it's unacceptable.

I've no issue with home clubs deciding on what away allocation to provide, regardless of whether or not the ground is full.  If  club wants to accept that loss of revenue for whatever reason, that's entirely within their right.

What they do have the responsibility to do is to ensure that adequate procedures are in place to ensure that proper segregation is in place which might mean ensuring that only people with purchasing history can buy tickets for the home end.  A friend of mine was at the game with two young nephews, one who, lives locally and supports Killie and another who was over on holiday, supports Rangers and was sitting on his hands.  She said that when the goals went in it was apparent that there were lots of Rangers fans around her.  I'm not sure if there was any bother and she's not the sort that would be intimidated by that.

its a bit hypocritical though to give it the big one about cutting the away allocation and then effectively giving a nod and a wink and sellng tickets to away fans for home areas.  And before anyone says "aye but they should nae be in the home end", I'll point you to the thread for every away Scotland game on here entitled "how do I get tickets to the away end".

I thought the comment from the Kilmarnock director about the players going to the fans was also naive.   You could probably see that happen any weekend, especially with late winners or equalisers which are always going to get a bigger reaction from players and fans.  A lot of clubs deal with that by bringing out a line of stewards in front of the stands with 10 minutes to go.  Maybe something they should consider. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You really are a walloper. I'm not offended and couldn't care less what wee fantasy you've built up about my reasons for asking. 

I'm trying to understand why the GB came up with the banner as it seemed very odd to me. 

If you want to imagine I'm a Hun bigot, you wire in. Your defensive mind set shows how you see the world. 

:lol:

Name calling now is it? 

I know you're a hun, as to whether a bigot.... nae idea..... I do think you protest a little too much. 🤔

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

They are citing additional security checks for the hold ups at gate.

Simple fact is that barcodes wouldnt scan, except when numbers were entered manually. Then the turnstyle closest to the gate stopped working all together at around 12.55. This is what caused the delays.

Anyway, I suppose one good thing about that stadium is the decent CV that will make those jumping on the disabled roof easily idenifiable, and banned hopefully.  

4 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Simple fact is that barcodes wouldnt scan, except when numbers were entered manually. Then the turnstyle closest to the gate stopped working all together at around 12.55. This is what caused the delays.

Anyway, I suppose one good thing about that stadium is the decent CV that will make those jumping on the disabled roof easily idenifiable, and banned hopefully.  

All the reports from Rangers fans/sources are quoting 5 turnstiles as fact, but appears to be 7 in pictures. That might explain that.

👍🏻

Interested in what actually happened, Killie themselves seemed to give short shrift to any suggestion that ticketless fans were part of the problem, but heard from Rangers fans that it’s common place to sneak a few in at away grounds...

7 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

All the reports from Rangers fans/sources are quoting 5 turnstiles as fact, but appears to be 7 in pictures. That might explain that.

👍🏻

Interested in what actually happened, Killie themselves seemed to give short shrift to any suggestion that ticketless fans were part of the problem, but heard from Rangers fans that it’s common place to sneak a few in at away grounds...

I think the left 2 are used for Killie fans, or at least they were the times I have been in that stand

9 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Being suggested elsewhere that barcodes ‘wouldn’t scan’ because they’d been passed around and after the first use of any particular ‘barcode’, the system says no to subsequent scanning attempts. 

3 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Being suggested elsewhere that barcodes ‘wouldn’t scan’ because they’d been passed around and after the first use of any particular ‘barcode’, the system says no to subsequent scanning attempts. 

While there is no doubt that there were some instances of this there were cases where codes which hadn't been used before wouldn't scan. This resulted in the stewards having to enter the numbers from the bardcodes manually. For codes which hadn't previously been scanned this worked and the code was accepted, for those that had been scanned before the manual entering of the code didn't work and the code was flagged up as having already been scanned.

10 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Barcodes wouldnt scan, but would work when the number were typed in, suggests tickets were fine, but whatever was reading the bar codes wasn't functioning properly.

Had the tickets been used before, the numbers also wouldnt have worked.

Sure it will come out in the investigation anyway, whatever happened.