Season 19/20 - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

41 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

That will be why he signed a 4 year deal?? Levein's tactics should have won the game if not for 2 bad mistakes which no manager can account for

How can CL tactics account for a clearing header bouncing back off an attackers head who, in case you hadn't noticed, knew nothing about it, for your equaliser?

His brainwashing clearly works on you

2 hours ago, slasher said:

2 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

What are you on about? It's a banner with lyrics to a well known Celtic song. There have been many like that in the past and there will be again. 

In the song it's Prince Phillip who is saying those words to the Queen after Celtic won her tournament.  It's a pro Celtic banner and didn't mention anyone else. Stop pretending to care so much.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Utter pish. Typical tamb attempt to introduce false equivalence. 

Why do you care? Or is it only because the huns have disgraced themselves again? 

If you're genuinely interested (which I doubt) as far as I understand it, it was an attempt to revive an old song which they believe may have some resonance this season. 

1 I don't care about the banner. 

2 it doesn't offend me. 

3 I don't know the song

4 I was interested as it seemed quite a bizarre quote. 

5 why are you 2 so defensive about simple questions? 

6 I have no agenda 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

If this is a sign of what's to come, theres going to be a lot of suspensions and bans dished out 😂😂😂

The TAMB might be quite a quiet place after the first really contentious game. 

Feck knows what the first OF game will be like. 

12 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

What are you on about? It's a banner with lyrics to a well known Celtic song. There have been many like that in the past and there will be again. 

In the song it's Prince Phillip who is saying those words to the Queen after Celtic won her tournament.  It's a pro Celtic banner and didn't mention anyone else. Stop pretending to care so much.

Obviously not that well known if it's having to be explained to people. 

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Ever heard of risk assessments?

I've started one to help out at Fir Park. 

1. Only 4 average sized supporters to celebrate goals on top of roof of disabled section (any more than 4 would just be crazy)

2. Stewards should not under any circumstances chase pitch invaders. If they are not wearing the correct footwear they may slip and injure themselves costing the club hefty legal fees in court. 

A decent start, I'll get back to you when complete. It may take some time tho, it's a minefield out there!

Edited by Och Aye

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Obviously not that well known if it's having to be explained to people. 

Aye maybe the GB should have checked that it was known among huns and other non Celtic supporters before displaying a banner by Celtic fans for Celtic fans, at Celtic Park.

13 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Aye maybe the GB should have checked that it was known among huns and other non Celtic supporters before displaying a banner by Celtic fans for Celtic fans, at Celtic Park.

So you're moaning that folk are asking questions about it yet saying it was a Celtic fan specific message? 

Or maybe the GB were just trying to provoke a reaction, like a bunch of greetin faced toddlers? 

16 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

It wasn’t just for Celtic fans though, was it?

Don’t really get what the fuss is about, but the choice of lyrics was deliberately provocative.

Perhaps they are trying to make a point, as the word that’s causing the stir is used regularly by fans of other teams, one in particular.

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So you're moaning that folk are asking questions about it yet saying it was a Celtic fan specific message? 

Or maybe the GB were just trying to provoke a reaction, like a bunch of greetin faced toddlers? 

But you don't care about it do you? Yet we now have your 7th post on the subject is it? 

Lets be honest RB, the banner sounded a bit too feniany for your liking so you asked for context so you could decide whether to be offended by it! 

That's pretty pathetic even by your standards 👍

For what it's worth, a quick Google gives context on the banner. Anyone interested, and not just looking to stir anything, could have done that. It was tied in with the evictions being served out within Glasgow. The refugees welcome and fuck SERCO (not Sevco, for the hard of hearing..) followed it.

I'm not too sure what negative reaction that was meant to get from others, but I suppose each to their own. People like a moan.

18 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I’ve just seen the clip of the Huns breaking open the gate and charging in. It’s unbelievable stuff. What a bunch of manky cunts they are. 

Yet they fail to accept any of the blame, even the official word from Ibrox blames Killie for that.

Regardless of the circumstances that lead to the queues outside, the behaviour of the rangers fans in several incidents on Sunday was out of order.

It seems like police and Stewards are completely toothless to deal with large crowds who behave like they do, not to mention the football authorities.  

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I haven't moaned about anything. 

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Yet they fail to accept any of the blame, even the official word from Ibrox blames Killie for that.

Regardless of the circumstances that lead to the queues outside, the behaviour of the rangers fans in several incidents on Sunday was out of order.

It seems like police and Stewards are completely toothless to deal with large crowds who behave like they do, not to mention the football authorities.  

What goes through the mind of someone to think let’s break the gate down? Especially given what we witnessed at Sheffield all those years ago when crowd surged through. Fans could easily have been trampled.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

It wasn’t just for Celtic fans though, was it?

Don’t really get what the fuss is about, but the choice of lyrics was deliberately provocative.

Perhaps they are trying to make a point, as the word that’s causing the stir is used regularly by fans of other teams, one in particular.

If someone feels provoked over it then that's up to them. I think that's tragic but each to their own.

7 minutes ago, macy37 said:

What goes through the mind of someone to think let’s break the gate down? Especially given what we witnessed at Sheffield all those years ago when crowd surged through. Fans could easily have been trampled.

They’d just blame someone else.

At great risk of being lambasted on here I'm going to mention a few things which I think leave Kilmarnock under scrutiny coming into the next time they host a big crowd particularly of away fans (e.g whenever Rangers or Celtic visit). To me this seems reasonable but I feel the finger will get pointed elsewhere:

- Clearly the ticketing/entry system was defective leading to large queuing and overcrowding where risk of crushing could occur. A failure to undertake basic risk and stress-tests as necessary.

- Regarding the shelter, the structure and layout lends itself to what happened, showing again no rigorous stress-test or risk assessment into what could have happened, which in fact was a handful of daft boys losing the rag in the heat of the moment, which could happen any given week in football.

- Reduced away allocation increased the physical risk of those attending the game hence no front-row netting to prevent entry to the pitch and some away fans feeling compelled to buy tickets in the home end near the away stand.

- Had there been more than just 1 stand allocated for away supporters they may have been able to more easily take countermeasures against some of the issues encountered. The fact they were unable to come close to filling other sections usually occupied by away supporters SHOULD be a valid consideration regardless of the pride behind that decision.

The Kilmarnock statement referenced wanting to attract more families etc. Easy to point all this out in hindsight but surely as an organisation they need to look internally at their controls in place if indeed they hope to manage larger crowds with more compact away ticket allocations. Easy to look at the behaviour of away fans but realistically the people with jobs to ensure fan safety need to have their heads rolled.